2009 Slam Dunk Contest Videos | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 Slam Dunk Contest Videos

Using teannates or other players is an interesting element. I can believe Dwight dunking on a 12-foot rim, I can't belie Nate Robinson jumped over him, though. Rudy Fernandez's dunk with pau gasol was amazing. It took a few tries, but it was awesome. The first one he did was awesome as well.

The addition of LeBron should make it a good contest next season.

It's at the new Cowboys stadium IIRC.

Agreed. This years dunk contest was quite stale. Hopefully Iguodala will be in next year's contest since he was robbed out of a title in 2006. Iguodala and LeBron will make for a great show.
LeBron is not going to enter it. He may have said it but only because they put him on the spot and he didn't want to get boo'd, he was pretty hesitant to answer. Trust me, if he enters he has to win for his image, and he has to take the contest to another level against a real challenge (Vince Carter and/or Jason Richardson would be the best possible challenge). Not against some guy like Dwight Howard. Putting on a cape and dunking the ball is not creative.

LeBron is not going to enter it. He may have said it but only because they put him on the spot and he didn't want to get boo'd, he was pretty hesitant to answer. Trust me, if he enters he has to win for his image, and he has to take the contest to another level against a real challenge (Vince Carter and/or Jason Richardson would be the best possible challenge). Not against some guy like Dwight Howard. Putting on a cape and dunking the ball is not creative.
Whether he is or not, doesn't matter to me. As long as Iguodala is in it. He was robbed in 2006 and is truly one of the best dunkers in the NFL. You have Iggy, you have a show.

The NBA will rig it so he does win. Just like them rigging Kobe/Shaq as co-mvps of the Allstar game, on a fan vote. What a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom