2010 Jets=2008 Cowboys | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2010 Jets=2008 Cowboys

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
I never even thought about this until one of my friends who is a Giant fan who knows the Cowboys mentioned it.

The 2010 Jets are starting to resemble the 2008 cowboys who collected big names with big character issues and also did Hard Knocks

Cowboys were depending on Terrel Owens a primadona WR who causes problems when theres a loss or he doesn't get the ball, just like Braylon Edwards, he may not be AS bad but its very similar except T.O. was much better

Now there bringing in a player who admitted to dealing weed on the streets, amongst many other character issues, oh and also supposedly threw a glass at a girl, and dont give me the BS that one if his friends did it like its not completely obvious hes taking the blame because the friend has nothing to lose unlike holmes, let alone this comes out like a 2 weeks after the allegations

The cowboys brought in a thug CB who disrupted the whole locker room, the Jets bring in Cromartie another player who has one big year and was a high draft pick and the team who let him go obviously didnt think he was worth it, guys been in trouble with the law plenty of times amongst his 22 children

This is the 2nd year in a row they acquire someone who is suspended the first 4 games, yeye with ferguson but we basically got him back for nothing and isnt expected to be on this team most likely after this year anyways

Dont get me wrong this team looks great on paper with tons of big names and media attention, but i am also a Yankee fan and saw the same thing year after year bringing in big names like Randy Johnson and still failing, They didnt win the World Series until last season mainly because they had team chemistry and brought in quality guys like Johnny Damon, Mark Texiera and Nick Swisher who weren't arguing over who got arrested the most or who has the most kids with different woman

All im saying is this team resembles the cowboys of 2008 doing hard knocks and the big troubled names, at least they had a coach who stayed quiet and didn't attract even more attention like we all know Elephant Rex will do

Since this is the Jets we're talking about, I'd say 90% of the conversation is going to be homer-fied. The hatred for the Jets is high for a lot of people on this board so of course every move they make is going to be scrutinized by the FH faithful.

this is all true...i have friends who r jet fans and now since they have big names like tomlinson, cromartie, holmes, n edwards n now all of a sudden they think there the best team in the world. yea they look good on paper but they still have to perform n ill tell u know tomlinson is washed up, cromartie has enough problems as it is with like 9 kids wit 7 women in like 5 diff states or something n edwards just isnt that good, he is ight but not the player the fans mke him out 2 be....i just cant wait till the season starts n see when we beat them twice again if they still talk ****

So far today I have seen us compared to the Redskins and Cowboys. When dod we get compared w/ the Eagles and Giants- teams that actually have made conf title games in the last 10 years.

Nyjunc.

U can be compared to those teams when you earn a playoff spot not be let in two games in a row the giants eagles earned their trips and actually made the superbowl jets didn't, and the only one who mattered was the giants because they actually won it so ur title game does nothing but give u desperate fans false hope again

So far today I have seen us compared to the Redskins and Cowboys. When dod we get compared w/ the Eagles and Giants- teams that actually have made conf title games in the last 10 years.

A team that backed into the playoffs once cant be compared to a team thats been to 5 conference championships and a superbowl or a team that has been to two superbowls this decade. Getting to the conference title game means nothing. The only thing that matters is Super Bowl trophies, just ask Donovan McNabb.

Wow.

Let's see, since we don't know what the '10 Jets will do, let's look at the '07 Cowboys vs. the '09 Jets. Then I'll get into your ridiculous comparisons.

The two were really nothing alike.

The '07 Cowboys had a very good offense (#3 in the league). It that was a pass heavy offense led by Tony Romo who was in his 5th year in the league. They had an average running game. They had a slightly above average defense (#9 overall). The Cowboys finished 13-3 and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs but lost at home on divisional weekend.

The '09 Jets had a very good defense (#1 in the league). They had a run heavy (#1 rushing team) offense led by a rookie QB who had a streaky season consisting of some very bad performances. The Jets went 9-7 and made it into the playoffs as a wildcard (#5 seed), then went on to win 2 road playoff games as underdogs before losing at Indy in the AFC Championship game. Sanchez had the best combined rookie QB playoff performance in NFL history.

Pacman Jones was coming off a year long league suspension for allegedly being involved in killing a man, after a long history of trouble with the law.

Santonio Holmes who is coming off his best season as a pro (not a year long suspension) was busted for smoking pot, and was allegedly involved in throwing a glass at a woman. That case has since been dropped. The comparison is a joke.

Cromartie's trouble with the law, so far as I know, has been neglect to pay child support. While I think it's a scum bag thing to do, it hardly compares to killing people. It's also since been taken care of. While Cromartie hasn't put up the INT's that he did his rookie year when Merriman was still on roids and the Chargers actually had a pass rush, his coverage skills have still been good. He is towards the top of the list for opposing QB's QB rating when thrown at. I trust that Rex Ryan will get the best out of his freakish ability and put him in man coverage with QB pressure instead of that ****ty SD zone coverage w/no pressure.

The Cowboys offense relied much more heavily on T.O. than the Jets offense has on Braylon Edwards. That comparison is quite silly. Edwards' problem has been dropping passes. T.O.'s career has been consistently linked to him tearing apart locker rooms. The comparison is a complete joke.

Both teams will have been on hard knocks, and both teams will have brought in players with off the field question marks. Aside from that there isn't really much of a comparison at all IMO. You guys are grasping for something to make you feel better about the Jets upgrading.

Nyjunc.

U can be compared to those teams when you earn a playoff spot not be let in two games in a row the giants eagles earned their trips and actually made the superbowl jets didn't, and the only one who mattered was the giants because they actually won it so ur title game does nothing but give u desperate fans false hope again

If we have false hope for getting to the AFCCG, what kind of hope do you have? I mean considering that you beat us twice and still had to watch us in the AFCCG from your living room? Ouch!....That must sting a bit.

Edwards is like TO? I don't care what he did in Cleveland he has been a great teammate with the Jets. He got real close with Sanchez and hasn't complained about getting the ball, unlike Owens BE actually cares about winning. He doesn't care if he doesn't get the ball and the Jets win, unlike Owens who was mad after a win that he didn't get the ball.

Haha if you consider braylon a "prima donna", just wait till marshall gets settled

Back
Top Bottom