2011 Copa America Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 Copa America Thread

WestPhish

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Anybody out there watching the tournament?....Have any favorites?. I am hoping Argentina can bring the cup home after so many years.

I guess not much interest about soccer in an american football board.

Would watch it only for the fact that a) I dont have the station that shows it and b) Most of the games are on too late.

Would watch it only for the fact that a) I dont have the station that shows it and b) Most of the games are on too late.

I don't know if they care much about South American football there in Europe, can't help you with the stations, but as far the transmission times maybe a DVR can help

followed a bit, best part is Mexico (bunch of cheaters) getting whooped. Actually my big concern this summer with soccer has been following the development of the young Americans. Not the GOld Cup guys (though I am proud of Lichaj) but guys like Josh Gatt playing for FK Molde, and Josh Gyau, whose competing for first team action on a Bundesliga side.

As for Copa, Columbia was surprisingly dominant, while Brazil has surprisingly struggled (though it is a very young Brazil squad). Chile IMO is the best team right now in the tourny

followed a bit, best part is Mexico (bunch of cheaters) getting whooped. Actually my big concern this summer with soccer has been following the development of the young Americans. Not the GOld Cup guys (though I am proud of Lichaj) but guys like Josh Gatt playing for FK Molde, and Josh Gyau, whose competing for first team action on a Bundesliga side.

As for Copa, Columbia was surprisingly dominant, while Brazil has surprisingly struggled (though it is a very young Brazil squad). Chile IMO is the best team right now in the tourny

Colombia only played one good team (a struggling Argentina) that is probably why they look "dominant", let's see how they do when they meet the tougher teams in the quarters. I agree with you in regards to Chile, they have been the most consistent team in the tournament so far and have played at a very high level. Brazil and Argentina are off to a slow start, they are still the favorites to win the tournament, let's see if they can get going.

Colombia only played one good team (a struggling Argentina) that is probably why they look "dominant", let's see how they do when they meet the tougher teams in the quarters. I agree with you in regards to Chile, they have been the most consistent team in the tournament so far and have played at a very high level. Brazil and Argentina are off to a slow start, they are still the favorites to win the tournament, let's see if they can get going.

as of right now though, if I am not mistaken, Brazil won't advance as things stand right now. It's a young team so I wouldn't be too worried about Brazil. Argentina should advance but their defense is still a bit of a problem.

I get Columbia hasn't played anybody good, but I have a soft spot for them because of A)Mario Yepes and B)A lot of their young players have really helped improve the quality of MLS

as of right now though, if I am not mistaken, Brazil won't advance as things stand right now. It's a young team so I wouldn't be too worried about Brazil. Argentina should advance but their defense is still a bit of a problem.

I get Columbia hasn't played anybody good, but I have a soft spot for them because of A)Mario Yepes and B)A lot of their young players have really helped improve the quality of MLS

Well, Argentina advanced to the next round and they play a quarter final match against their rivals from across the river, Uruguay on Saturday. Brazil plays Ecuador today, and barring a complete debacle they should move to the next round as well.

Yes, all the favorites to win the cup, except Uruguay, are gone. I hope Uruguay does not take Peru too lightly, or they too will make an exit. One thing is certain, there will be a new Copa America champ this year.

One things for certain, considering Uruguay's pedigree in this competition, its very difficult to look past them at this stage.

I expect Uruguay to easily beat Peru, but again, this cup is full of surprises.

Pretty much cemented themselves as the best team in South America, considering they were the only South American team to get to the Semi-Finals of the WC last year.

If they can keep that team together for the next few years, they could seriously challenge for the World Cup in Brazil. Alot can happen in three years though.

Pretty much cemented themselves as the best team in South America, considering they were the only South American team to get to the Semi-Finals of the WC last year.

If they can keep that team together for the next few years, they could seriously challenge for the World Cup in Brazil. Alot can happen in three years though.

Yes, this Uruguayan team is working like a swiss watch, they are well coached, they have very talented players, the players have been playing together for a long time, and are starting to show their dominance. Uruguay was the most solid team in the tournament and certainly the team to beat in South America. I just hope that my Argentina can get it together and win something important for a change....It's been too long!

Back
Top Bottom