2011 Question for Jets fans. Not trash talk. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 Question for Jets fans. Not trash talk.

alot of decisions to be made. i will worry about it when i see what tanny is able to do.

i wouldn't mind getting one of those wr's and brad smith would be great for the rivalary and big boost for the fins offense

i wouldn't mind getting one of those wr's and brad smith would be great for the rivalary and big boost for the fins offense

I love Brad Smith and I want him back but if he leaves I don't think it will be a big loss. No matter who we have returning kicks they have success w/ Westhoff and I'm sick of the wildcat.

If the owners have their way (& I expect they will), the 2011 cap will be less than the 2010 cap. It may work out better for teams with less players under contract. Teams with a majority of their roster under contract will have to redo more deals than normal to make room under the cap.

If the owners have their way (& I expect they will), the 2011 cap will be less than the 2010 cap. It may work out better for teams with less players under contract. Teams with a majority of their roster under contract will have to redo more deals than normal to make room under the cap.

There wasn't a 2010 cap, but there's a 0% chance that the 2011 cap would be lower than the 2009 cap. Salaries go up every year, there's no fighting against that as long as league revenues continue to increase. The goal is to slow the growth of player salaries going forward. The new cap will be higher, it's just a matter of how much higher. It was growing at about $7M per year before the CBA expired, but there's also no chance that it comes back at $151M.

The cap will at least be the same as 2009. Most likely higher. If 18 games is negotiated then significantly higher, to adjust for larger rosters going forward.

There wasn't a 2010 cap, but there's a 0% chance that the 2011 cap would be lower than the 2009 cap. Salaries go up every year, there's no fighting against that as long as league revenues continue to increase. The goal is to slow the growth of player salaries going forward. The new cap will be higher, it's just a matter of how much higher. It was growing at about $7M per year before the CBA expired, but there's also no chance that it comes back at $151M.

That was under a cba that promised the players would get 59 or 60% of most of the revenue. The owners want to scale back from that, by about 10%. If they get their way and scale it back to 49 or 50% in the new agreement, the cap will go down from the 2009 cap. As someone mentioned, if they go to the 18 game season, they have to cut two more game checks per player, but new salaries are going to go down for the majority of the players.

Some teams will pay thru the nose for top tier guys, but managing the cap and getting players under contract is going to get tougher, at least until things settle down in a year or two. One key is getting the rookie salary cap in place asap.

David Harris is a RFA so hes going to be back one way or another...

There is no CBA so the old rules do not apply. For a 18 games schedule the players are going to ask for something else and i see RFA,Franchise tags etc being effected. right now without CBA he is a RFA .If a new cba comes in effect with the old rules pre 2009 he is not RFA as now we are operating under the pre 80s cba [default[ according to which he is a RFA.

Back
Top Bottom