2012 Coaching Option | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 Coaching Option

54dolfan9923

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How you like a coach who fights through adversity, players love him, he's won the AFC east before, and is a leader?

Well look no further than Tony Sparano. The guy has had to fight through so much turmoil. You can blame him for three losing seasons in a row, or you can view him as a a guy who had a lower tier QB, and competed in every game. Now that the brass knows QB is the only option, keeping him would be better than other options.

No thanks. I'd need more than a 7-9, 7-9, and 4-8 record to convince me Sparano is the future

I think you blame him for losing seasons in a row. big deal he has won the afc east once and did not compete the next three years including being the 4th best team so far this year and guaranteed to be no better than second

On the flip side, Sparano may have finally figured it out. The light bulb may have popped on for him. Maybe we could ride this into next year and come blazing out of the gates at the beginning of next season. If that's the case then keep Tony.

On the flip side, Sparano may have finally figured it out. The light bulb may have popped on for him. Maybe we could ride this into next year and come blazing out of the gates at the beginning of next season. If that's the case then keep Tony.

You do realize we wenty 11-5 three years ago , so he went into a coma for three years and now the light has come on after beating three crappy teams and the raiders lol

Here is the thought Ross needs to really think hard when he makes this decision at the end of the season. The players love Sparano, they are saying so publicly when they don't have to and is there a candidate better that can walk in a win? When Ross fell in love with Harbaugh it now appears he would have made a good move going with him. If Ross is certain he can land Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher or possibly even Andy Reid than I think he will make a head coaching change. If he can't get one of those guys, the coordinator field is not all that memorizing. Perhaps he goes to college ranks where a potential national champion head coach Les Miles could draw buzz. However, if the choices are guys like Rob Ryan, Gregg Williams, Perry Fewell, Wade Phillips, etc. you have to question whether any of them would actually be upgrades over Sparano. Especially if Sparano finishes the season on a 7-1 or 6-2 run.

I agree with defensive end 76, the coach is finally starting to put this team together. The last 2 years we had Henne and Henning running the woeful offense. A change of QB(Moore), more speed(Bush), and offensive style, and coordinator has finally got the offense clicking. We are scoring points.
The defense was playing in a funk for the first 4-5 games. The players reported out of shape and out of sinc due to the lock out. Nolan is just as responsible for several of those losses earlier in the year.
I am for keeping Sparano/Nolan/DaBol and Ireland next year if we can continue to play this way. Add to this team a RGIII and a couple of new OL players and DB's and we should be competing with New England for the title. Blowing up the team right now would be stupid.
Sparano doesn't deserve all of the blame or all of the credit, but he has finally figured out how to push all the right buttons.

This is what people were saying when we finished that 1 season with Saban on a tear and all of the media was picking us to go to the Super Bowl the next year. So sick of these meaningless, mediocre seasons. It just never ends.

What do you guys think of the idea of bringing someone in to take Parcell old job as VP of football operation ?
Keep Tony and Jeff but have a Cowher type to oversee the whole thing and have the final say. Maybe this would appeal to someone like the names mentioned by Nubs. A little less stressful that head coach and a direct contact for the owner.

b7h2br-1.jpg

Here is the thought Ross needs to really think hard when he makes this decision at the end of the season. The players love Sparano, they are saying so publicly when they don't have to and is there a candidate better that can walk in a win? When Ross fell in love with Harbaugh it now appears he would have made a good move going with him. If Ross is certain he can land Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher or possibly even Andy Reid than I think he will make a head coaching change. If he can't get one of those guys, the coordinator field is not all that memorizing. Perhaps he goes to college ranks where a potential national champion head coach Les Miles could draw buzz. However, if the choices are guys like Rob Ryan, Gregg Williams, Perry Fewell, Wade Phillips, etc. you have to question whether any of them would actually be upgrades over Sparano. Especially if Sparano finishes the season on a 7-1 or 6-2 run.

The problem with this is that there will probably be several high profile vacancies for the top 4 coaches.
Giants -Coughlin(Cowher), Philly - Reid ( Fisher), San Diego - Norv Turner(Gruden) with the possibility of Dallas( Garrett - the owner JJ might decide to upgrade), Tampa Bay, etc. I see a lot of coaching changes on the horizon.
Reid needs a year off to get his head together.
The list of coordinators and assistants is very ordinary. No upgrade there.
Standing pat might be our best move the way it is shaping up.

What do you guys think of the idea of bringing someone in to take Parcell old job as VP of football operation ?
Keep Tony and Jeff but have a Cowher type to oversee the whole thing and have the final say. Maybe this would appeal to someone like the names mentioned by Nubs. A little less stressful that head coach and a direct contact for the owner.

Peyton Manning was joking about this with the CBS crew prior to the Pats game about Marino taking that position. I don't like it. All you ever hear from Ireland and his supporters is how all the bad picks were Tuna's fault and how Ireland nailed all the good picks. Isn't that convenient. I think we need a GM who will be acountable for his picks and have final say on personnal moves. Otherwise with the VP you just have a half-assed HC and a half-assed GM. Exactly what we have now. No good coach will want to be questioned and roll up to some godfather type. We'll just end up with another buffoon like Sparano.

Back
Top Bottom