*** 2012 NHL Playoffs *** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2012 NHL Playoffs ***

Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The second season is about to descend upon us.

Who wants
stanleycupnobackground_1-1.png

it most?

Eastern Conference

#1 NY Rangers vs. #8 Ottawa Senators

#2 Boston Bruins vs. #7 Washington Capitals

#3 Florida Panthers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #8 LA Kings

#2 St. Louis Blues vs. #7 San Jose Sharks

#3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #6 Chicago Blackhawks

#4 Nashville Predators vs. #5 Detroit Red Wings

Gentlemen, make your predictions and talk your smack!!!

Predictions on each series, gentlemen?

I'll start:

EAST
Rangers over Sens in 5
Bruins over Caps in 5
Devils over Cats in 6
Penguins over Flyers in 7

WEST
Canucks over Kings in 5
Blues over Sharks in 6
'Hawks over Yotes in 6
Preds over Wings in 7

Yes, I predict both East and West 4th/5th seed battles to go the distance. If I had to guess I would say Preds/Wings has the greater chance to go 7.

My toughest prediction was the Devils over the Panthers, I feel anything could happen with that series. If the Devils won in 5, it wouldn't surprise me because of the talent level. But come playoff time, experience matters and the Cats have plenty more than the Devils do; Kopecky, Versteeg, Campbell and Madden all won the Cup only a couple years ago. So, they are battle hardened and they have others like Weiss who are desperate and happy for the opportunity. The main thing for me in that series was goaltending. If Clemmenson or Theodore comes out strong, I think they can win this series. Brodeur is not what he used to be and if one of their goalies can match him then it will be an exciting series. Sunrise will be rocking for the Panthers first home series so home ice could factor in too, in my opinion.

I would love to see your guys predictions as well

The second season is about to descend upon us.

Who wants
stanleycupnobackground_1-1.png

it most?

Eastern Conference

#1 NY Rangers vs. #8 Ottawa Senators

#2 Boston Bruins vs. #7 Washington Capitals

#3 Florida Panthers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #8 LA Kings

#2 St. Louis Blues vs. #7 San Jose Sharks

#3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #6 Chicago Blackhawks

#4 Nashville Predators vs. #5 Detroit Red Wings

Gentlemen, make your predictions and talk your smack!!!

Every time I see that trophy, it is like a religious experience lol

I had the pleasure of viewing it in person for the 1st time last summer, and seeing and touching it is something I will never forget

I'll offer mine as well:
East
Rangers over Sens in 6
Bruins over Caps in 5
Devils over Panthers in 5
Flyers over Pens in 7

West
Canucks over Kings in 5
Blues over Sharks in 6
Blackhawks over Coyotes in 5
Preds over Red Wings in 7

I think both of the 4/5 matchups are the best of the first round. It should be a great playoff season boys.

The Flyers always seem to come up short. It's gets old.

Eastern Conference

#1 NY Rangers vs. #8 Ottawa Senators - Rags in 5
#2 Boston Bruins vs. #7 Washington Capitals - B's in 6
#3 Florida Panthers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils - Devils in 6
#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers - Pens in 7

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #8 LA Kings - Nucks in 6
#2 St. Louis Blues vs. #7 San Jose Sharks - Blues in 6
#3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #6 Chicago Blackhawks - Hawks in 7
#4 Nashville Predators vs. #5 Detroit Red Wings - Preds in 7

ARRRRRGH!!!

I can't frigging take it anymore ... is it 7:30 yet?!?

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Predictions on each series, gentlemen?

I'll start:

EAST
Rangers over Sens in 5
Bruins over Caps in 5
Devils over Cats in 6
Penguins over Flyers in 7

WEST
Canucks over Kings in 5
Blues over Sharks in 6
'Hawks over Yotes in 6
Preds over Wings in 7

Yes, I predict both East and West 4th/5th seed battles to go the distance. If I had to guess I would say Preds/Wings has the greater chance to go 7.

My toughest prediction was the Devils over the Panthers, I feel anything could happen with that series. If the Devils won in 5, it wouldn't surprise me because of the talent level. But come playoff time, experience matters and the Cats have plenty more than the Devils do; Kopecky, Versteeg, Campbell and Madden all won the Cup only a couple years ago. So, they are battle hardened and they have others like Weiss who are desperate and happy for the opportunity. The main thing for me in that series was goaltending. If Clemmenson or Theodore comes out strong, I think they can win this series. Brodeur is not what he used to be and if one of their goalies can match him then it will be an exciting series. Sunrise will be rocking for the Panthers first home series so home ice could factor in too, in my opinion.

I would love to see your guys predictions as well

As a Devils fan Port, I look at it this way: IF Marty plays like he's played since the All-Star break, which is to say uttterly fantastic, the Devils should win in 5. We have a deeper core of forwards and a solid, if not spectacular, defense. Florida brings more O from the back end than the Devils, with Campbell, Garrison, Kulikov etc, which is a concern. But if the Devils PK (which was the best in NHL history this year for a single season, in addition to scoring 15 SHG's) can keep the Florida power play in check, it should be a short series. Even so, I think it goes 6 (because I never expect it to be easy lol) with the Devils prevailing. I'll give my other predicitions later. Also, got my tickets yesterday, so I'll be at the Rock for games 3 and 4! Can't wait!!!!

East: Rangers-Ottawa- Rangers in 6 Boston-Washington- Caps in 7 Devils-Florida- Devils in 6 Pittsburgh-Philly- Pens in 7 West: Vancouver- LA- Canucks in 5 St. Louis-San Jose- Blues in 6 Chicago-Phoenix- Yotes in 7 Detroit-Nashville- Preds in 7

Back
Top Bottom