2012 Pass Rushers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 Pass Rushers

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
It's clear as day that we need a pass rusher next year. Not sure if the Cameron Wake Story in the NFL is over or not . . . JT is more than done and Misi . . . ugh.

Considering we should be taking a QB in round 1 . . . who are we looking at in round 2/3 as a potential pass rusher?

Please include 3-4 OLB prospects and 4-3 DE prospects.

I really like Bruce Irvin. He definitely has the build and he is extremely athletic. Nice first step and explosive.

I really don't see us going after an de/olb type. I think a three tech or a five tech would be the pick. Jared crick is likely to fall because of a recent injury most compare him to jj watt. Could be a value pick for us next year

Mario Williams if he hits free agency...lol

Finding 3-4 OLBs is tough. The reason that teams like the Steelers are solid as a 3-4 D is that they draft pass rushers every year. Guys who play 3-4 OLB take more time to get up to speed than guys who get drafted into a 4-3 scheme. Guys like Joey Porter and James Harrison were elite pass rushers and it took them several years to develop. Conar Barwin is another example of a guy just coming around after several years. In a year or two in Pitt we'll be hearing about Jason Worlds and Chris carter tearing it up off the edge.

I like Jonathon Massaquoi a lot.

Bruce irvin is a good pass rusher but still needs a lot of work, As WVU fan i have seen everyone of his games and for the most part of this season against good competition he has been relatively invisible.

We definitely need to find another pass rusher. Its the reason why our pass defense sucks. No pressure means terrble DBs no matter what. However, I havent seen a great pass rusher that will make me draft one in this draft. Might be one that exist, but i just havent seen him.

Bruce irvin is a good pass rusher but still needs a lot of work, As WVU fan i have seen everyone of his games and for the most part of this season against good competition he has been relatively invisible.

I think Bruce Irvin is the most explosive pass rusher in this draft class. I'm not sure how he does against the run but as far as pure pass rushers go, he's the S***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6leAL3eK9jo

Bruce Irvin has one of the top 3 sets of pure pass rush tools to work with in this potential class of pass rushers, he's just raw, and very one-dimensional right now. A liability against the run.

This is his first season as the full time starter, and WV isn't using as many 4 man fronts this year to let him rush the passer. They're staying more in their base 3-3-5 stack and the opportunities to pin his ears back and rush the passer aren't as frequent as he's trying to develope into a better all around player on 1st and 2nd down.

I don't see him as a DE in the NFL at all, he's going to have to play OLB in a 3-4.

i watched irvin against lsu and i didn't key him but he didn't pop off the screen to me either...i was dissapointed to be honest...and i swear he looks light to me in the pants...i like the cuts provided this last offseason more than what i saw vs the tigers live

Nobody off the opposing squad pops off the screen against LSU unless they're being victimized in an LSU highlight.

Irvin did have 1.5 TFL's against LSU, but he didn't have many opportunities either. Trust me the pass rushing ability and tools are still there for Irvin, he's learning how to be a more complete player on 1st and 2nd down this year, and less 4 man fronts means less opportunities for him.

The responsibilities are a lot different when linebackers are "stacked" directly behind you in a 3 man front. Last year he just came in on 3rd downs and rushed the passer in 4 man fronts, and still finished 2nd in the entire country with 14 sacks.

I haven't spent too much time on these pass rushers lately but Jake Bequette has grabbed my attention at times in his career. Underrated guy.

I haven't spent too much time on these pass rushers lately but Jake Bequette has grabbed my attention at times in his career. Underrated guy.

Absolutely. He would've made a long day for Barrett Jones had he been able to play vs. Bama. Very underrated pass rusher and prototype build. He's got a little Jared Allen in him.

Back
Top Bottom