2012 QB's | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 QB's

Dallas looking for a QB next year is EXTREMELY possible. Hell there are a bunch of Cowboy fans in South Florida and most of them "hate" Romo.

Jerry Jones demands a winner and I feel the ceiling for this current group especially Romo has little time left.

From this 3 guys videos I liked Luck the most. he reads better and calls nice plays. barkley is the close second, i feel he has a bit more tools than luck but for some reason i think luck is better shaped for miami than barkley . Lindley has such a fast release, reminds me of Dan the man but is far more innacurate than luck and barkley.

Ill trade our 1st,2nd and a 4th to get LUCK. he is the real deal.

If the Cowboys draft Luck, at least Romo will be a Dolphin sooner or later. :lol:

Ill trade our 1st,2nd and a 4th to get LUCK. he is the real deal.

It would take a lot more than that to get him.

Probably a combination of two 1st round picks and two Pro Bowl caliber players, or three 1st round picks and one Pro Bowl caliber player.

It would take a lot more than that to get him.

Probably a combination of two 1st round picks and two Pro Bowl caliber players, or three 1st round picks and one Pro Bowl caliber player.

Yea I was thinking if we picked 12th, like we did in 2010. I'm guessing we would need to start with 2 first rounders, 2 2nd rounders and Randy Starks

Yea I was thinking if we picked 12th, like we did in 2010. I'm guessing we would need to start with 2 first rounders, 2 2nd rounders and Randy Starks

A starting point, but not even close to the ending point.

To even get their attention, you're probably going to have to throw Jake Long on the table. And then on top of it you throw Vontae Davis. Then before you're done, you're trading away your 2nd rounder in 2012 and your 1st rounder in 2013. And that's just to move from #9 to #1.

A starting point, but not even close to the ending point.

To even get their attention, you're probably going to have to throw Jake Long on the table. And then on top of it you throw Vontae Davis. Then before you're done, you're trading away your 2nd rounder in 2012 and your 1st rounder in 2013. And that's just to move from #9 to #1.

And at that point, we should start talking to the #2 team about Matt Barkley :lol:

I would rather go after Barkley. I know Luck is the can't miss prospect, but I like Barkley better. Would be a much easier to obtain as well imo.

I'd trade Jake Long so fast his head would spin if that's what it took to land me either Matt Barkley or Andrew Luck.

I'll get a left tackle that's good enough to win with...

I'd trade Jake Long so fast his head would spin if that's what it took to land me either Matt Barkley or Andrew Luck.

I'll get a left tackle that's good enough to win with...

Jake Long . . . sure, when you start talking Jake Long, Vontae Davis, 2 first rounders and a 2nd . . . you start putting your team at jeopardy. Hell we had Marino for 17 years and couldn't win the big one . . . we can't get rid of 2 of our 5 best players and 3 future top picks just to trade up and get a QB. That is too rich for my blood.

Jake Long and a 1st . . . go for it.

Jake Long . . . sure, when you start talking Jake Long, Vontae Davis, 2 first rounders and a 2nd . . . you start putting your team at jeopardy. Hell we had Marino for 17 years and couldn't win the big one . . . we can't get rid of 2 of our 5 best players and 3 future top picks just to trade up and get a QB. That is too rich for my blood.

Jake Long and a 1st . . . go for it.

Miami made the superbowl with Marino... that's more than they ever accomplished with the best TEAM in the AFC and no quarterback.

Miami could always beat the best teams in the league because of Marino... they always had a chance. Besides, I wouldn't trade 17 years of what I saw with Marino in exhange for one superbowl win with Fiedler and go back to being irrelevant again anyway....

Miami isn't good enough to beat the best teams in the league consistently with Jake Long, Vonte Davis, etc... and no quarterback. It's not going to happen.

I'll never see another Marino again... However, what I'll take is my chances with a legitimate, franchise caliber quarterback, and attempt to put the pieces around him.

This garbage Miami has been doing for the past decade just ain't cuttin' it....

I'd do it. Concerning Jake Long, let's keep in mind here he may be the best left tackle in the league or near enough to it, but he's also paid like the best in the league because we signed him under the old rookie contract rules. We're back in the salary cap era. That diminishes his value. Plus, he's now completing his 4th season here. How many does he have left on contract, maybe 2 more seasons?

As for Vontae, that's a blow because he's still relatively cheap and he could be a Pro Bowl caliber corner, but let's not confuse the guy for Darrelle Revis or anything. He lacks the consistency, and he always has going back to college.

The 1st in 2013 and the 2nd in 2012 are just par for the course, of course you'd lose those for the right to move up.

A quarterback gives you a rare thing, and that is long term stability for your franchise. You give me a quarterback, and I can build the rest. A good GM if he knows what he's doing is going to find you plenty of those 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounders, even UDFAs, that are solid football players and play roles for your team. But you know all those luxury moves the Pats make every year that help the rich get richer? You can make those when you have stability from a quarterback.

If I'm the GM, I'm thinking...you just get me the quarterback and make him young, and I'll build the rest. Or I guess rather as the GM I would be the one getting the quarterback too, but I just mean it's got to be super-top priority.

My top four Quarter Backs... Luck, Fields, Foles, Moore. Moore is short but he can flat out play. I'm not a fan of USC QBs so I don't want barkley

I'd do it. Concerning Jake Long, let's keep in mind here he may be the best left tackle in the league or near enough to it, but he's also paid like the best in the league because we signed him under the old rookie contract rules. We're back in the salary cap era. That diminishes his value. Plus, he's now completing his 4th season here. How many does he have left on contract, maybe 2 more seasons?

As for Vontae, that's a blow because he's still relatively cheap and he could be a Pro Bowl caliber corner, but let's not confuse the guy for Darrelle Revis or anything. He lacks the consistency, and he always has going back to college.

The 1st in 2013 and the 2nd in 2012 are just par for the course, of course you'd lose those for the right to move up.

A quarterback gives you a rare thing, and that is long term stability for your franchise. You give me a quarterback, and I can build the rest. A good GM if he knows what he's doing is going to find you plenty of those 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounders, even UDFAs, that are solid football players and play roles for your team. But you know all those luxury moves the Pats make every year that help the rich get richer? You can make those when you have stability from a quarterback.

If I'm the GM, I'm thinking...you just get me the quarterback and make him young, and I'll build the rest. Or I guess rather as the GM I would be the one getting the quarterback too, but I just mean it's got to be super-top priority.

So true - Look at the lower round OLine talent AJ Smith found and developed in San Diego around Rivers.

In the NFL you have to be bold and make a clear statement of intent when developing a squad which is going to be a challenger and better still a champion.

I sometimes think whether Miami should have picked Matt Ryan at number 1 and then traded back into the first round and chose Ryan Clady or another OT as there was depth in that class. The Falcons did that by chosing both Ryan and Sam Baker in RD 1 and look how its set them up.

The Falcons had a clear and bold blueprint stuck to their convictions and were prepared to live with the risks as well as the rewards.

Back
Top Bottom