2013 Fins to battle Impressive Opposing QB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2013 Fins to battle Impressive Opposing QB's

Fins_of_Fury

In a contract year
Reaction score
This schedule is loaded with opposing talent at the Quarterback postion. We will face the likes of Luck, Flacco, Ryan, Brees, Newton, Rivers, Roethlisberger, and need we forget Brady.

Our secondary needs to be a primary focus come this Thursdays draft, along with a solid young pass rusher.

That being said, what needs to happen defensively for us to have any chance of slowing down this all star cast?

Last edited by a moderator:
Knock em on their asses - get another big time pass rusher opposite of Wake.

And try not to go three and out every other drive when we get the ball

Knock em on their asses - get another big time pass rusher opposite of Wake.

And try not to go three and out every other drive when we get the ball

Not just another pass rusher opposite of Wake, we also need Randy Starks, Jared Odrick and whomever else is at DT to wreck havoc from the middle.

I hope Brent Grimes is set to go come September. We will need his craftyness and experience against these guys. I really hope Milliner or one of the top DE fall to 12

Really need to come out of the draft with at least 2 corners in our first 5 picks.

I'd say our priorities should be:

1. CB
2. Pass-rusher
3. O-line
4. RB? BPA?

O-line and pass rusher are about equal needs imo.

Who do you like in the first 3 rounds at DE who could realistically fall to us? I think the 1st round pick needs to be corner depending on whether we trade back or who's left on the board.

Who do you like in the first 3 rounds at DE who could realistically fall to us? I think the 1st round pick needs to be corner depending on whether we trade back or who's left on the board.

Cornelius Washington, Devin Taylor, and Cory Lemonier are three guys I like a lot as situational pass rushers in rounds 2-3

I've heard that Lemonier could be in our draft day plans. I havent seen alot of him, but i've heard some good things. Does he fit our scheme?

I've heard that Lemonier could be in our draft day plans. I havent seen alot of him, but i've heard some good things. Does he fit our scheme?

Everyone will have their own opinion but I personally like him. I think he will be a situational guy at first...but I think thats exactly what this FO is looking for. They want someone to hunt the QB...and Lemonier has that potential. I like Washington more...but Id be happy with any of the three I mentioned earlier

Looking at our schedule first half is pretty brutal, 5/8 are playoff teams and we also play the Saints. Second half eases up a lot, but if we want to make the playoffs this year we have to start beating the good teams. CB and DE must be improved in order for our pass D to have a reasonable shot this year

Let us also hope that Tannehill and his new arsenal are capable of putting up between 28 and 35 points per game, as thats what it will take to beat these gunslingers.

Back
Top Bottom