*** 2013 NBA Finals *** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2013 NBA Finals ***

Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Western Conference will be represented by my 4-Time Champion San Antonio Spurs (12-2, playoffs)

Who from the East will act as cannon fodder for our 5th Title???

Discuss. :chuckle:

GO SPURS GO!

the spurs are looking good this is going to be a good series

i'll be rooting for the spurs even though i can't stand watching that team play...have to give it to em though...they move the ball damn well and are unselfish...kawhi leonard on lebron though i just don't see going very well

i'll be rooting for the spurs even though i can't stand watching that team play...have to give it to em though...they move the ball damn well and are unselfish...kawhi leonard on lebron though i just don't see going very well

Why can't you stand watching them play?

I'm about to go on a little rant.

The Spurs are a team I respect more than any team in probably any sport. They are a team that showed it is not impossible to build a consistent winner without having lottery picks. Yes they lucked into the First overall pick and got Tim Duncan. But Tony Parker wasn't some top prospect, nor was Manu Ginobili. While those are the Spurs big 3, they have consistenly drafted or picked up the right players for their system. Maybe not all of them are stars, but I honestly believe that without Duncan/Parker/Ginobili you are still looking at a playoff team if for no other reason than Pop being a boss.

Why am I calling it a rant? Because the Spurs aren't stupid when it comes to prospects. I remember when Thiago Splitter entered the draft, he was considered a lotto pick, but due to his contract in Spain nobody would take him. Nobody but the Spurs would consider George Hill in the first. They also did what they had to do to get a guy who could develop into a Shawn Marion esque player in Kawhi Leonard. The Spurs have also developed Danny Green into a solid starter in the NBA. Sure, having future Hall of Famers helps, but how is it that the Spurs are constantly finding useful players while teams like Sacramento, Charlotte, Toronto, ect mess around in the lottory every year drafting mediocrity at best. How is it that NBA teams constantly feel the need to draft players based solely on potential rather than production? Because of ceiling?

I'm still amazed that people considered Marvin Williams a top 2 LOCK a few years ago because of potential when you had Deron Williams and Chris Paul there too. I feel there are good players out there, and it's not as hard as some believe it to be to rebuild an NBA franchise. I just feel that too many teams place an emphasis on the wrong attributes.

didn't think i would do this but even if the heat advance which i fully expect to tonight i'm picking the spurs to win the nba finals...lebrons not getting any help from bosh and wade...

as weird as it may sound, I think the Pacers are a better match up against the Spurs because of their front court. Not that the Heat wouldn't be entertaining, but the Pacers have really made Miami's team weaknesses show through, and the Spurs have one thing the Pacers don't have; consistent outside shooting. There were a few games this postseason (Games 3 and 5 mainly) where the Pacers just didn't have anybody outside of Paul George even come close to hitting a 3 point shot.

Not that Miami wouldn't be a good series, but again, if Battier/Allen/Wade/Bosh/Cole continue to be cold from the field most of the game, I think the Spurs are more likely to take advantage of the situation than Indy has.

Miami is at an INCREDIBLE disadvantage from a coaching standpoint and that really bothers me going into this.

Popovich might just be the greatest coach to ever live. Even better than Phil Jackson. Pop can win with any group of scrubs. He gets more out of a lot less.

But San Antonio appears to be a lot older and a lot slower than Miami. That's an advantage to Miami. But Popovich will find a way to slow Miami down, bore them to death, and pull out some wins.

Miami has to play the way that they did tonight to win this series.

This will be intresting from a chess match point of view.
Spoelstra is a very good young coach. But Pop is one of the GOATS.
Heat in 6, Brainless Broussard and the rest of the Haters commit mass suicide as the result. No one weeps, hell people will celebrate because of that.

The Spurs might have a Pop but we my friends, we have a LEBRON. A Lebron might I add that was swept by this team and don't you think for one second he doesn't remember that. They double and triple teamed him that series. That ain't gonna work aginst this team.

LETSS GOO

Miami is at an INCREDIBLE disadvantage from a coaching standpoint and that really bothers me going into this.

Popovich might just be the greatest coach to ever live. Even better than Phil Jackson. Pop can win with any group of scrubs. He gets more out of a lot less.

But San Antonio appears to be a lot older and a lot slower than Miami. That's an advantage to Miami. But Popovich will find a way to slow Miami down, bore them to death, and pull out some wins.

Miami has to play the way that they did tonight to win this series.

Miami's overall roster is older than SA. Regarding the core players, I wouldn't worry about the old Spurs. They've been old since 2003 or so. They had the 3rd best scoring avg in the NBA and right in front of Miami. Defensive PPG are about the same.

The two matchups in the reg season were obviously no help in terms of scouting. I think it'll be a good series.

Miami's overall roster is older than SA. Regarding the core players, I wouldn't worry about the old Spurs. They've been old since 2003 or so. They had the 3rd best scoring avg in the NBA and right in front of Miami. Defensive PPG are about the same.

The two matchups in the reg season were obviously no help in terms of scouting. I think it'll be a good series.

Miami's role players are old. The Big 3 + Chalmers are all relatively young.

Miami's role players are old. The Big 3 + Chalmers are all relatively young.

Tony Parker is a few months younger than Wade FWIW. And Kawhi Leonard has probably surpassed Manu as the Spurs 3rd best player.

Really though, as I look at it, the Heat are relying on much older players than the Spurs. Spurs use 5 players over 30 regularly (Duncan, Manu, Parker, Bonner, Diaw) and have 1 more player over 30 (T-Mac) The Heat only have 5 players under 30; Bosh, Cole, LeBron, Chalmers, and Jarvis Fernando.

Should be a fun series, but as I said earlier, the Spurs aren't gonna miss as many open jumpers as the Pacers did at times

Back
Top Bottom