2013 NBA free agency and offseason thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2013 NBA free agency and offseason thread

HarryBagpipe

Meatus
Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry, free agency starts tonight at midnight and I had to make a thread to laugh at the Knicks. 3 picks for bargs. Lol. To put it into perspective how bad the signings of Novak an camby were, in order for the Knicks to lose those contracts they had to take on bargs 11 million + contract and give up 3 picks including a first.

Only the Knicks make a trade like that. And Masai Ujiri proves again why he is one of the best in the biz. Really wish the Nuggets could have kept him. Really hope Iguodala re-signs but he's looking for a big pay day.

Only the Knicks make a trade like that. And Masai Ujiri proves again why he is one of the best in the biz. Really wish the Nuggets could have kept him. Really hope Iguodala re-signs but he's looking for a big pay day.
From what I've been reading it doesn't sound like he's going to be back with Denver. I saw earlier today that the Pelicans are interested in bringing in Iguodala. If he signs there, the Pelicans might be a sneaky good team.

Really hope the heat get oden. I know he's a huge question mark but its really intriguing what he might bring. Ray ray took his option so heat nation is happy about that

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Hope the nuggets do too. Probably my favorite west team. Fun to watch without any true superstars

Really hope the heat get oden. I know he's a huge question mark but its really intriguing what he might bring. Ray ray took his option so heat nation is happy about that

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Hope the nuggets do too. Probably my favorite west team. Fun to watch without any true superstars
You knew that Allen would opt back in to be with this team.

Since my Sixers are more than likely going to be terrible this season, I'm definitely rooting for the Nuggets. Even in years past I would pull for the Nuggets in the playoffs. Golden State is another team that is fun to watch, so it made their series this year a little difficult for me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still going to watch the Sixers, but I already know the results of their games for the most part.

You knew that Allen would opt back in to be with this team.

Since my Sixers are more than likely going to be terrible this season, I'm definitely rooting for the Nuggets. Even in years past I would pull for the Nuggets in the playoffs. Golden State is another team that is fun to watch, so it made their series this year a little difficult for me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still going to watch the Sixers, but I already know the results of their games for the most part.

Actually most thought that Allen would opt out and than resign with us to a longer contract for more money which we would of given him. Ray let us have him for a cheap one year contract.

Actually most thought that Allen would opt out and than resign with us to a longer contract for more money which we would of given him. Ray let us have him for a cheap one year contract.
He knows he has a good thing going and doesn't want to mess that up. At this point in his career, I'd like to think money isn't the biggest thing to him.

From what I've been reading it doesn't sound like he's going to be back with Denver. I saw earlier today that the Pelicans are interested in bringing in Iguodala. If he signs there, the Pelicans might be a sneaky good team.

given you have their 2014 pick you better hope iggy doesn't end up there...he's not a first or 2nd option but he's a solid 3rd one on a playoff team...new orleans has some pieces...iggy would help that team

if i'm the heat i sign oden in a heartbeat...if he gives you anything given how cheap he will be it's stealing...easy decision...not that you wouldn't win another champ without much help...lebrons that damn good...

knicks are no threat to the heat...too finesse...only threat to the heat is indiana...they have no real answer for hibbert other than just throwing bodies at him...and he's learning how to play the game without fouling

given you have their 2014 pick you better hope iggy doesn't end up there...he's not a first or 2nd option but he's a solid 3rd one on a playoff team...new orleans has some pieces...iggy would help that team

if i'm the heat i sign oden in a heartbeat...if he gives you anything given how cheap he will be it's stealing...easy decision...not that you wouldn't win another champ without much help...lebrons that damn good...

knicks are no threat to the heat...too finesse...only threat to the heat is indiana...they have no real answer for hibbert other than just throwing bodies at him...and he's learning how to play the game without fouling
I know. I'm hoping for the 6th-7th worst record since the pick is top 5 protected. If Iggy goes there, he would definitely help that team, possibly make it a playoff team.

Not a believer in Brooklyn? I'm not, but I was curious as to what your take is on them after their big trade.

I know. I'm hoping for the 6th-7th worst record since the pick is top 5 protected. If Iggy goes there, he would definitely help that team, possibly make it a playoff team.

Not a believer in Brooklyn? I'm not, but I was curious as to what your take is on them after their big trade.

i'd believe more in brooklyn if pierce and kg could come off the bench...kg i just don't know how much that poor guys got left...he leaves it all on the floor everytime he's out there...pierce would be a nasty off the bench scorer but i don't know that his ego or brooklyns roster will allow it...

jason terry fell on his face in boston this year...talk about a guy i expected more from...age has just caught up with these 3 players...i think they'll beat the knicks if they match up in the postseason but they won't beat the heat or the pacers...

i didn't know that pick you guys got was top 5 pick protected...that changes things... i didn't think you should get noel and an unprotected likely lotto pick for that price...makes more sense now...although hell i might have traded jrue for noel straight up... if i got a choice b/t a big and a scoring guard i'm going with the potential of the big every time...provided the guys worth it and i think noel is...

now our pick olynck or whatever his name is i was hoping like hell we wouldn't take that softy from that soft conference...hate it

i think brooklyns issue will be the defensive boards...especially if/when they match up with a say indiana for instance in the postseason...depends on the matchup but i see em out by the 2nd round...and that's if all those aging vets can stay healthy which is a big if

Brooklyn is gonna have a real tough time. A slow team that doesn't rebound and has a bunch of guys that like to take low percentage shots in the half court......I don't see that one ending well.

If Riley can snag Oden and hes able to come in and play 15 minutes a game somewhere close to the level he was playing in Portland this Heat team would be scary good. I've got no faith in his ability to stay upright though.

Other than that this offseason should be extraordinarily uneventful for Heat fans. Summer league should at least be fun and there are some really talented guys to root for to make that last roster spot. Kabongo was an elite PG prospect, DJ Stephens is an incredible athlete, and the kid they drafted, Ennis, has the makings of a Leonard/Danny Green type player if he can put it all together.

Spurs offer 4 yrs 36 mil for Splitter??

What being 7 feet tall and being able to run a couple miles a day without injuring yourself can get you in this world....

chicago is the biggest threat to the heat, and the heat know that.

lets not forget, the bulls have not had rose the past 2 postseasons, and assuming rose comes back fully healthy, which ill give him the benefit of the doubt considering how young he is and how much time off hes had to heal, that alone makes the bulls better than the pacers. rose is that good.

not saying the bulls would beat the heat for sure, although i do believe they can. the bulls are really really good when healthy.

Back
Top Bottom