2013 NBA free agency and offseason thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2013 NBA free agency and offseason thread

Don't know if there are any realgm posters here besides electrolyte but this was awesome

On the general board someone started a thread saying "Kobe starts shooting again". The response by a poster

tidho said:
It would be news if he started passing.

Brilliant.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Anyhoo. In Philly the past few days on business so I was listening to the fanatic and it seems the vast majority are in favor of the sixers trade

Don't know if there are any realgm posters here besides electrolyte but this was awesome

On the general board someone started a thread saying "Kobe starts shooting again". The response by a poster

Brilliant.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Anyhoo. In Philly the past few days on business so I was listening to the fanatic and it seems the vast majority are in favor of the sixers trade
People definitely have supported the trade. At first, we were all in shock, but later we realized what was actually going on. They knew that they would be stuck in mediocrity for even longer if they kept the roster they had. So, the change was welcomed here.

I think most of us have been wanting the Sixers to tank for a good while now. A draft containing Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, and Julius Randle is as good a time as any to start doing it.

It is being rumored that the Heat are intrested in Bynum. Who I would like better than Oden, assuming they found an arthritis cure.

I'm sure the Heat would love to have Bynum come down here and play for the minimum......my guess is that Bynum is thinking of being paid a tad bit more.

Riley will make his pitch to Oden. If the 40 yr old wants to go somewhere else he'll probably fill the last couple roster spots with youngsters.....cheap labor that if need be can be replaced by some vet getting bought out mid-season.

chicago is the biggest threat to the heat, and the heat know that.

lets not forget, the bulls have not had rose the past 2 postseasons, and assuming rose comes back fully healthy, which ill give him the benefit of the doubt considering how young he is and how much time off hes had to heal, that alone makes the bulls better than the pacers. rose is that good.

not saying the bulls would beat the heat for sure, although i do believe they can. the bulls are really really good when healthy.

we'll just agree to disagree...

Not to be super heat homer(well maybe a little) but if miami stays healthy they should roll thru the east easily. Against Indy we played awful. Battier and Allen couldn't hit a shot to save their lives and wade was playing on one leg. On the other hand hibbert was playing like Moses Malone, indy was playing their best ball of the year and the heat still won. I know indys defense is good but not that good. During our 27 game win streak, wade was arguably the 2nd best player in the nba behind Lebron. He got hurt and he went from a top 5 player to a middling player.
If he was healthy we probably win in 5.

Not to be super heat homer(well maybe a little) but if miami stays healthy they should roll thru the east easily. Against Indy we played awful. Battier and Allen couldn't hit a shot to save their lives and wade was playing on one leg. On the other hand hibbert was playing like Moses Malone, indy was playing their best ball of the year and the heat still won. I know indys defense is good but not that good. During our 27 game win streak, wade was arguably the 2nd best player in the nba behind Lebron. He got hurt and he went from a top 5 player to a middling player.
If he was healthy we probably win in 5.

i think you underestimate the pacers given how physical they play and hibbert has learned how to play defense without fouling...but if wades healthy then things are different sure...but the spurs aren't a physical team i don't know why people think they are the pacers beat on the heat pretty good and i think it wore on some of the guys...not lebron but some of the others...and bosh can't defend hibbert...

still no doubt in my mind heat are the favorites next year too...

we'll just agree to disagree...

thats alright, i just believe so many people now, with obviously the heat winning back to back, the pacers having that big playoff run, with george having his coming out party and taking the heat to 7 games, and with all the moves the nets have made, i feel people are just totally forgetting about the bulls.

this bulls team when rose was healthy had the best record in the nba in back to back seasons, winning 60 plus games in roses mvp season 2010-2011, followed by 50 wins in a 66 game lockout shortened season.

this bulls team also played the heat pretty physical this past postseason, with a lottery team type lineup (ok maybe i am pushing it a bit but an extemely banged up team without rose, deng, and hinrich,) and if healthy, they still imo are at worst the 2nd best team in the east, or dare i say the league.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the bulls get the one seed. Not saying they are better than the heat but thibs pushes his team harder in the regular season than any other coach. Heat will coast much of the regular season and the bulls play every game like its a game seven. Whether this helps is team or wears them out come playoff time is another story.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the bulls get the one seed. Not saying they are better than the heat but thibs pushes his team harder in the regular season than any other coach. Heat will coast much of the regular season and the bulls play every game like its a game seven. Whether this helps is team or wears them out come playoff time is another story.

i really hope we get to see heat bulls in playoffs with both teams healthy, because that would be truly a great series to watch.

the bulls are the only team i really think can beat the heat in the east. also having 2 of the top 3 players in the nba on the same court in a series is always fun ( yes derrick rose is a top 3 player when healthy, if u want to say durant its debatable because they are different players, but even so, top 3 at worst, and yes he is better than paul)

we have been robbed the past 2 seasons of that match up, lets hope we get it this up coming season.

i really hope we get to see heat bulls in playoffs with both teams healthy, because that would be truly a great series to watch.

the bulls are the only team i really think can beat the heat in the east. also having 2 of the top 3 players in the nba on the same court in a series is always fun ( yes derrick rose is a top 3 player when healthy, if u want to say durant its debatable because they are different players, but even so, top 3 at worst, and yes he is better than paul)

we have been robbed the past 2 seasons of that match up, lets hope we get it this up coming season.

Well to be honest, we did see the matchup in 2011

Well to be honest, we did see the matchup in 2011

yes i understand, but the bulls team has improved since then.

i still cant believe the bulls lost that series. they dominated game 1, and they had game 2 in hand until they choked in the 4th quarter. that was the year to beat the heat. after chicago choked away game 2, chicago was not the same.

although, all games were very tight, physical games.

it just sucks how the bulls have not been healthy the last 2 seasons, miami chicago had a chance to be a great playoff rivalry. i guess it still can, but who knows what miami will look like after next season.

Back
Top Bottom