| 2013 NFL Free Agency | Wide Receivers | Wallace or Jennings? | | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

| 2013 NFL Free Agency | Wide Receivers | Wallace or Jennings? |

|Mike Wallace | Greg Jennings |

• Mike Wallace

Votes: 79 68.7%
  • Greg Jennings

Votes: 36 31.3%

• Total voters

AFCMiamiEast

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am sure this thread has already been started but I haven't seen it and I am going to reboot this. I want to know the popular opinion on finheaven of which WR you'd prefer, Wallace or Jennings? We need to pursue both aggresively, and cap space should not be an issue. Could you imagine drafting a young, fresh stud WR high in the draft as well as adding Wallace/Jennings onto the squad?

We could than place Bess strictly back in the slot where he is best at, and Hartline could have another breakout season against the opponents 2nd CBs while Wallace/Jennings, command the shut down corners. So, Wallace or Jennings? Personally, I would go for Mike Wallace, Jennings is entering his 30th year while Wallace is only 26, and arguably the fastest receiver in the NFL. Did anyone else catch that 5 yard slant off the 50 yard line he took to the house?

Wallace by far would be the better choice if just for the fact that he's younger and a great talent. Jennings would be a nice addition (and knows the system), but he's been so banged up as of late and will be on the wrong side of 30.

Both would suffice IMO but I doubt it we would spend that much =(

Both would suffice IMO but I doubt it we would spend that much =(

What other stud would we possibly add in FA though? We resign our own and still have tons of spending money, I see no reason why we couldn't give Wallace a bulky contract, especially given the fact that we could still draft a WR in the first and man our WR core would be in a whole different league man. Placing Bess back in the slot and Hartline against #2 corners with Wallace and Hunter/Allen out the draft would be huge for Tannehill.

Ready to be mind blowned? Bowe has had a better season than both of them. Jennings being out of course and wallace has 100 less yards 3 more TDs but big ben > cassel/ brady quinn and it's not close.

I voted Jennings for the simple fact that I don't expect Pitt to let Wallace walk, but I do expect GB to let Jennings do so. So Jennings and a high draft pick. With Matthews looking clutch, I let Hartline walk if he asks for anything more than what we've offered.

realistically, jennings looks like the more reasonable choice due to him knowing philbin and all. he will probably come cheaper than wallace too.

I do not expect people to sincerely say let Hartline walk. He's a fantastic #2.

I voted Jennings for the simple fact that I don't expect Pitt to let Wallace walk, but I do expect GB to let Jennings do so. So Jennings and a high draft pick. With Matthews looking clutch, I let Hartline walk if he asks for anything more than what we've offered.

pittsburge CANT STOP WALLACE FROM WALKIN HE IS A FA AFTER THIS YEAR,and pitts cant stop him from leaving he signed a 1 year tender this year and next year he can go anywhere he wants to go . and pittsburge cant do squat about it , they cant franchise him because you can do that on a 1 year tender.

pittsburge CANT STOP WALLACE FROM WALKIN HE IS A FA AFTER THIS YEAR,and pitts cant stop him from leaving he signed a 1 year tender this year and next year he can go anywhere he wants to go . and pittsburge cant do squat about it , they cant franchise him because you can do that on a 1 year tender.

I realize he is most likely out of there (why I included him in the post) but I do not understand the urgency of him wanting to leave a solid team in Pittsburgh? That leaves me puzzled. I just drool at the thought of snagging Wallace in FA and hitting on Allen/Hunter in the first round of the draft.

You forgot to include a "none of the above" as a choice.

Hartline has 60 catches for almost 900 yards

Wallace has 52 for around 600 yards

I dont understand the obsession with Wallace around here. Hartline is every bit the player Wallace is. Wallace has more TD's, but Roethlisberger tends to hit Wallace when he gets open deep.

Jennings has barely seen the field this year.

I just dont get why we need one of those 2 guys. Why cant we draft a good receiver? The only receiver we should be worried about signing is Brian Hartline who is better than anyone on the market.

Hartline has 60 catches for almost 900 yards

Wallace has 52 for around 600 yards

I dont understand the obsession with Wallace around here. Hartline is every bit the player Wallace is. Wallace has more TD's, but Roethlisberger tends to hit Wallace when he gets open deep.

Jennings has barely seen the field this year.

I just dont get why we need one of those 2 guys. Why cant we draft a good receiver? The only receiver we should be worried about signing is Brian Hartline who is better than anyone on the market.
Wallace gets way more treatment and coverage than hartline and one season doesn't make him better. Also when's the last time jeff hit with the skill position players in the first 3 rounds? We have huge holes to cover in the defense too. I think most of wallace TDs were in the redzone or near because he can actually get separation in small openings with speed. If we got wallace we'd finally have a deep threat and the field open up sooooo much more.

The virtual money spent by not bringing long back will cover Wallace. We have to spend the money somewhere. This would give us the leverage to draft a blitzer with what is shaping up to be a pretty high 1st rounder afterall, draft TE with high 2nd (or even Eifert trade up), and then target someone like Austin or swope in 3rd.

Wallace
Hartline
Austin
Matthews
Bess
Eifert
Clay

Back
Top Bottom