| 2013 NFL Free Agency | Wide Receivers | Wallace or Jennings? | | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

| 2013 NFL Free Agency | Wide Receivers | Wallace or Jennings? |

|Mike Wallace | Greg Jennings |

• Mike Wallace

Votes: 79 68.7%
  • Greg Jennings

Votes: 36 31.3%

• Total voters
Whatever Ireland decides is the best option, he should do the opposite.

I do not see us getting Wallace, and Jennings will be a much cheaper option. We can get Jennings who knows the system, wont command as much money and for sure wont resign in GB because they are seeing so much more out of Jones and Cobbs now that they feel they can let him walk. GB has too many players to resign and WR is not their priority anymore.
With Jennings and a good rookie (Hunter/Allen) we should be fine. Jennings, rookie, Hartline and Bess is a great WR line up. We will get a fresh Jennings coming off injury and sitting out this whole season, and he is a play maker, even if he lost a step he is still reliable and can put up good numbers. We dont need a Marshall type WR in this system, we need reliable good route running WRs.

So signing a star wr won't solve our wr issues but the draft will?? ...I'm kind of lost on that comment.

Well, I guess I don't view any of the FA wr's as ''stars.''
Obviously I want ''stars'' on this team, what fan doesn't lol.
I could be wrong, but right now imho none of the FA wr's are stars, and expectations will be unreasonably high if any of them are signed.

Don't get me wrong, I obviously wouldn't mind signing Wallace/Jennings/Bowe in addition to drafting some wr's.
My only worry is at what cost.
You rarely see Pittsburgh just let go of productive guys.
I like Wallace, but imho, he's not a true number one wr, in the sense of being a redzone threat,etc.
Jennings would be a great addition too, I'm just worried about his health/age.
I just don't want to break the bank for any of these FA wr's.

I know we are all starved for wr's, the worry is that we start reaching for needs, for guys that we think are better than they really are.
I guess my point is that I don't view Wallace or Jennings as true number 1's.
Bowe maybe I guess? If coaching get through to him?
I would prefer drafting wr's in addition to signing one of the FA wr's.
But I seriously doubt we will get any of those guys for a good price, hence why I made my comment about sticking to the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not struck on Wallace at all tbh. As a complimentary deep threat perhaps but I wouldn't be paying him #1 WR money, because I don't think he's ever gonna be your go to guy like Marshall was, or any of those #1's are. Jennings is a little too old for this team I feel, if you can get him cheap that's fine but I doubt he comes cheap. Despite his down year this year in a very very bad KC team, I think Bowe is the guy we should be targeting.

I could be wrong, but right now imho none of the FA wr's are stars, and expectations will be unreasonably high if any of them are signed.

Don't get me wrong, I obviously wouldn't mind signing Wallace/Jennings/Bowe in addition to drafting some wr's.
I like Wallace, but imho, he's not a true number one wr, in the sense of being a redzone threat,etc.

I know we are all starved for wr's, the worry is that we start reaching for needs, for guys that we think are better than they really are.
But I seriously doubt we will get any of those guys for a good price, hence why I made my comment about sticking to the draft.
Explain to me how jennings hasn't been a number 1 WR for GB? I also like Bowe the most if he had half the QB jennings/Bowe have he would shine even more

I tried to vote for Bowe but the OP didn't have the foresight to include such a tremendous talent as an option.

heres why that Wallace will be wanting out of pittsburge , Wallace asked to have his contract extended before the year was up ,and instead of even talkin to Wallace pitts turned around and gave brown a contract extention ( big one) and imo that was a slap in the face to wallace ,and instead of workin on wallaces contract they gave it to brown and just tendered wallace (1 year) which makes wallace a FA and can go anywhere he wants this coming year, i think that burned the bridge with wallace when they gave the big money to brown , when wallace was the one asking to get a new contract , so imo theres noway to pay 2 WRs 10+ MIL A YEAR , and brown is makin that kind of money , so i see wallace as a miami dolphin next year if philbin and company wants him here .

Brown is only getting paid about $6 million next year on a backloaded contract. Its entirely possible for Pitt to sign Wallace to a similar deal, considering Brown is the better WR. Pitt can also tag Wallace.

Explain to me how jennings hasn't been a number 1 WR for GB? I also like Bowe the most if he had half the QB jennings/Bowe have he would shine even more

Jennings HAS been a number 1. But has not this year, and imho not next year either.
I still would love him on the team.
Just for the right price.
And my expectations for when we sign him won't be as high as yours.
I could be wrong though, if he comes back at his previous high level that would be a great signing.
I would probably rather have Bowe as well though.

If Jennings, Bowe and Wallace are not stars than somehow we're suppose to draft the next C.Johnson or A.Johnson. The only problem with that is there's only two of them in the league. We have young receivers, a FA like Jennings would really boost the overall production. I'm fine with drafting a receiver along with a wr in FA, but that can't be all. We need a real weapon at TE to go with them, surround RT with so much talent that there is no excuses at the end of the day.

Wallace is the best receiver on the Steelers, not Brown.

This has got to be the shabbiest group of "top" level WR free agents in a few years.

Bowe- Majority of the dude stats come in over time, unreliable hands (worse than marshall's)
Wallace- you're blind if you think the guy is a #1 receiver, watch a steelers game. ( hands comparable to Bowe s')
Jennings- Injury prone to the fullest degree in the twilight of his career ( still i'd rather have him over the Bowe or Wallace)

I would soooooo much rather go for talent at the position in the draft, this years draft is oozing with Very talented receivers that will be going in the 2-3rd round

would like to get keenan allen r1 and use our #2 2nd rounder on another Wr ( Darick Rogers, Stedman bailey, Ryan Swope) however if some how cordarrelle patterson/ robert woods is somehow still there when we are on the clock with our #1 2nd rounder we have to scoop him up. ( Keenan Allen, Cordarrelle Patterson/robert woods , Bess and Hartline ) that's a solid Corp.

This has got to be the shabbiest group of "top" level WR free agents in a few years.

Bowe- Majority of the dude stats come in over time, unreliable hands (worse than marshall's)

Wallace- you're blind if you think the guy is a #1 receiver, watch a steelers game. ( hands comparable to Bowe s')
Jennings- Injury prone to the fullest degree in the twilight of his career ( still i'd rather have him over the Bowe or Wallace)

I would soooooo much rather go for talent at the position in the draft, this years draft is oozing with Very talented receivers that will be going in the 2-3rd round

would like to get keenan allen r1 and use our #2 2nd rounder on another Wr ( Darick Rogers, Stedman bailey, Ryan Swope) however if some how cordarrelle patterson/ robert woods is somehow still there when we are on the clock with our #1 2nd rounder we have to scoop him up. ( Keenan Allen, Cordarrelle Patterson/robert woods , Bess and Hartline ) that's a solid Corp.
Bold isn't even true and even if it was it (it's not) probably has to do with the garbage qbs he's forced to play with, can't believe he hasn't demanded a trade yet after going through thigpen, hassel and quinn. He was ver good last year in many competitive games too. Also wallace just recently began to have these drop issues don't act like he's up their with marshall in his career, and even then he doubles the TDs of our WR core.

Back
Top Bottom