2014 FIFA World Cup/Last 16: Colombia vs Uruguay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 FIFA World Cup/Last 16: Colombia vs Uruguay

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
Colombia had a very good qualification (finishing 2nd behind Argentina) and a well balanced team. For many a sleeper team before the WC they played a strong group stage winning Group C with 5 points ahaead of Greece.

Uruguay barely qualified and was forced into a playoff with New Zealand. They played two solid defensive battles in two wins against Italy and England in Group stage but had to submise to a rising Costa Rica in game 1.

Colombia will take this game 4-2 or 4-1.

Which playoff are you talking about? They played Jordan in order to get into the WC. They also got into the 2010 WC by way of playoff and they did quite well in that WC. They are an efficient team but can get too overconfident/lazy, like they did against Costa Rica.

There is going to be a feeding frenzy to get Rodriguez, that kid is awesome

Which playoff are you talking about? They played Jordan in order to get into the WC. They also got into the 2010 WC by way of playoff and they did quite well in that WC. They are an efficient team but can get too overconfident/lazy, like they did against Costa Rica.

There is going to be a feeding frenzy to get Rodriguez, that kid is awesome

Sorry it was Mexico against New Zealand. My mistake. Hang me.
And what they did in 2010 has really no bearing on 2014. Uruguay did not look good in 2014 and we got the proof today.
Colombia was the way better team.

Whats up your bunghole? I didnt say anything about hanging you. Just asking which playoffs you were referring to.

And I never said it had any bearing on 2014. I alluded to the 2010 WC to illustrate my point that teams can suck in qualification and do really well when the tournament starts. Only reason I brought that up is because you brought up the point that they 'barely qualified'

Uruguay wouldve at least drew with Costa Rica if they actually played the second half, so really, they were one half away from finishing with 7 or 9 points.

Colombia were already up 2-0 when I made my post. I wasnt arguing that Uruguay is a better team than Colombia. I put money on Colombia to win so that was never my argument even before kickoff.

Anyway, hopefully we wont see these threads for each individual game. A bit pointless, and judging by the lack of responses I think the community would agree.

Whats up your bunghole? I didnt say anything about hanging you. Just asking which playoffs you were referring to.

And I never said it had any bearing on 2014. I alluded to the 2010 WC to illustrate my point that teams can suck in qualification and do really well when the tournament starts. Only reason I brought that up is because you brought up the point that they 'barely qualified'

Uruguay wouldve at least drew with Costa Rica if they actually played the second half, so really, they were one half away from finishing with 7 or 9 points.

Colombia were already up 2-0 when I made my post. I wasnt arguing that Uruguay is a better team than Colombia. I put money on Colombia to win so that was never my argument even before kickoff.

Anyway, hopefully we wont see these threads for each individual game. A bit pointless, and judging by the lack of responses I think the community would agree.

Initially I wanted to respond to your post but what the heck. It ain't worth it.

Just one thing: unless a moderator tells me not to create a thread I will continue to create them and blabber my opinion. You have the choice to read or not to read. I am also feeling quite comfortable talking to myself.

Back
Top Bottom