2014 #MetLifeTakeover! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

igor79

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hopefully you guys have heard of the #MetLifeTakeover by now... If not it's a big group trip to the Jets vs Dolphins game in NJ organized by our fan club DolfansNYC. Last year we had 751 Dolphins fans sitting together in two sections! If you watched the game at home you could hear us on TV. Check out the video from last year!

[video=youtube;DGf5z-zkJ9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGf5z-zkJ9I[/video]

This year we already have over 600 tickets reserved and we are taking ticket reservations now. Tickets are only $60 or for $90 you can get a ticket on one of our chartered buses that leaves from our bar Slattery's Midtown Pub. All the money we make from the event goes to the club and to charity. We raised enough money last year to make a $3000 donation to the Miami Dolphins Foundation and still have some left over to do some fun stuff for the event. There will be some surprises this year and we are doing a party at Slattery's the night before!

Anyway, if you want to go to the takeover reserve your tickets now. Only sign up if you are 100% going to go because we need to know how many tickets to buy. And spread the word! We want to make this a home game for the Dolphins again!

Oh, did we mention it's Monday Night Football!?

UPDATE! HERE'S THE LINK TO GET TICKETS: http://www.dolfansnyc.com/2014/05/16/sign-up-for-the-2014-metlifetakeover/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to try to be there this year, but may be making a big move to Australia that month...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I was in the section next to all of you last year, and so badly wanted to be with you guys. However my fiancé is unfortunately a jets fan. I don't think she would fit in lol

I want one. How do I go about reserving/paying for one? Also, your inbox is full because I already tried that.

I might be making the trip from Niagara Falls out there with my girlfriend. Will definitely be keeping in touch with you on this.

Thinking about making the drive from NC with, of all people, a Jests fan. That could be a great ride home after the W.

Igor and Michelle put a TON of work into this. The event is unreal and easily the most fun I've ever had at an NFL game. I went for the first time last year with my old man and he had as much fun as me, if not more so haha. Gonna try to get there again but being a college kid in Albany, trekking out for a Monday night game will be tough.

If you have the ability to go then go!

flew up from Charlotte last year for the game, had a blast. it felt like a Dolphins home game, enough people were there to taunt Jets fans and their players. count me back in for this year. DolfansNYC did an amazing job preparing this. Here is the link to sign-up at...

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4FAEA72DABF94-monday

hopefully some Dolphin fans in Buffalo and Boston can set something like this too in the future.

Considered going last year but work got in the way - may hop across the pond for this one :)

The picks and videos from the stands last year were priceless! Great job!

Way to represent guys and gals :up:

Always look forward to the follow up video.
Igor and Michelle you guys rock for setting the whole thing up.

As much work as it is, it's just as fun for us. So thanks for the props but we do it for selfish reasons! When I moved to NYC there were no Dolphins bars and now I get to watch every week with a couple hundred die hard Phins fans. It's pretty amazing.
And it's awesome to see people in other towns to their own takeovers and fan clubs after being inspired but we have done here.
Let's get the Phins nation organized!

Back
Top Bottom