2015-2016 NBA Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015-2016 NBA Thread

Yeah, as a Knicks fan, I hated that MF but he was on another planet with a basketball. Labron is very good but Jordan was still much, much better for much longer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

One of the things I think always gets lost is how good of a defender Jordan was as well. IT wasn't that he was a scorer who played defense, he was rated as one of the best defenders of his era.

One of the things I think always gets lost is how good of a defender Jordan was as well. IT wasn't that he was a scorer who played defense, he was rated as one of the best defenders of his era.
I have seen a lot of great players in my 43 years. From Magic to Larry Bird to LeBron to Curry to Shaq and Kobe but no one has been better in my lifetime than Michael Jordan. It really isn't even close. He was an absolute beast in the biggest games with it all on the line. There has been no greater clutch player in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Can I be happy that Cleveland finally won, but still wished King James would have lost?
Is that bipolar?

Jordan carried that team and the only reason we know who any of them are is because of Jordan...

And Lebron carried the Cavs down from being behind 3 games to one in the NBA Finals. He is absolutely Jordan's equal.

And Lebron carried the Cavs down from being behind 3 games to one in the NBA Finals. He is absolutely Jordan's equal.

yep

and before he's done LeBron may have 6 championships of his own...although the mileage on him in 13 years as a pro is ghastly...so far he's avoided any major injury but at 6 foot 8 and 260 and with his physical game at some point he's gonna start getting nicked up

those last 3 games of this finals were every bit jordans equal...every bit

kobe shouldn't even be in this conversation cause he was a volume scorer...shoot 35 times and make 13 type while his teammates stand around and watch cause he's taking the damn air out of the ball

Jay Bilas had a great quote about comparing athletes, something along the lines of "if the stop watch wasn't invented people would claim Mark Spitz swam faster than Michael Phelps."

Jordan played in a different era than Lebron James where hand checking was allowed. He also was asked to do different things, generally ran more isolation plays where Lebron runs more high pick action. If Jordan played in today's game he would definitely have shot more 3s, and would have been an even more efficient scorer. Lebron James would have gotten hit a lot more in Jordan's era, imagine him going to the rim against Laimbeer. You also have to remember that Jordan lost 2 of his prime years due to his gambling suspension errr I mean minor league baseball career.

Lebron James is the more talented of the two, he can do things physically that Michael couldn't. Their prime years are very comparable similar TS%, WS/48, BPM, and VORP. However, given the choice of the two in a game 7 I would go with Jordan every time.

They didn't win solely because of him. Kyrie Irving played well. Other guys made shots, got rebounds, had assists, etc. James didn't win it alone.

It was interesting to watch the draft tonight and hear analysts who have been against the age limit in the draft, actually saying freshmen need to be smarter when it comes to declaring

The man who just can't win: Sam Hinkie (finally) speaks

As Ben Simmons rose from his seat to begin his ceremonial march to the NBA, he tugged on a flat-brimmed 76ers cap. How Philadelphia ended up drafting Simmons on June 23 is a story three years in the making -- but one that's perhaps lost on the No. 1 pick. Two days earlier, the 6-foot-10 forward had posted an Instagram photo of his workout with the 76ers with the caption: "Trust the process." When later asked by a reporter if he understood the phrase's significance, he replied: "A little bit. I know it's been said around a lot of the Sixers community."

The scores of Sixers fans who made the trek to Barclays Center on draft night fully understood the phrase's meaning, though. And as they cheered Simmons' selection, one fan thrust a homemade poster into the air. It read: Hinkie died for your sins.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16597961/sam-hinkie-just-win-tale-process-ultimate-fall

I'm not a Sixers fan but i was a supporter of "The Process" and was bummed Hinkie got fired. I was especially disappointed by how it went down, as he really didn't deserve to have his resignation letter immediately leaked.

That said, with this Ben Simmons selection and Philly's rumored interest in Harrison Barnes, im fascinated on how that team looks going forward. I'd love to hear from PhinsPhan11 and any other fans opinions on the state of the franchise.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16597961/sam-hinkie-just-win-tale-process-ultimate-fall

I'm not a Sixers fan but i was a supporter of "The Process" and was bummed Hinkie got fired. I was especially disappointed by how it went down, as he really didn't deserve to have his resignation letter immediately leaked.

That said, with this Ben Simmons selection and Philly's rumored interest in Harrison Barnes, im fascinated on how that team looks going forward. I'd love to hear from PhinsPhan11 and any other fans opinions on the state of the franchise.
I was really disappointed by the way he was pushed out the door. I'm pretty sure Jerry Colangelo was the one who leaked the resignation letter. I don't have any proof, it's just a gut feeling.

I think the Sixers have a positive outlook as things stand now. They have a group of very intriguing players in Simmons, Embiid, Noel, Okafor, and Saric. Right now, their biggest holes are a point guard and a consistent shooter. They could fill one of those needs through trade because I don't think the Sixers are going to have Noel and Okafor to start the season.

I'm also interested in who they go after in free agency. I saw they might get a meeting with Derozan, but I'm not expecting much from that. I get the feeling that they're going to throw a ton of money at Harrison Barnes.

Michael Jordan was also never down 3-1 in the Finals to begin with, why? Because MJ never would of allowed it. Saying LeBron is better than MJ is like saying tofu taste like Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Honestly, the 2014 draft really set the process back. THe 6ers have 2 lottery picks, and neither have played a game yet. Embiid and Saric may be great but that team needed at least one guy to come in and help, especially since Noel missed the entire season the year before.

Plus my opinion on Hinkie changed after hearing Adam Schein interview Brett Brown. He didn't trash Hinkie, but absolutely felt bad for what he had to deal with the last 2 years.

Damn, OJ Mayo banned from the league for at least 2 years for violating the substance abuse program

Michael Jordan was also never down 3-1 in the Finals to begin with, why? Because MJ never would of allowed it. Saying LeBron is better than MJ is like saying tofu taste like Spaghetti and Meatballs.
You're really comparing the Bulls championship teams to LeBron's latest championship team? You do realize Pippen and the rest of their team are collectively better than Irving and Love, right? Jordan also played on bad teams and got knocked out of the playoffs multiple times early in his career, but no one ever talks about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom