2015 NFL Combine- Sunday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Combine- Sunday

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
A group of fast flying pass rushers and defensive ends workout for scouts today and the defensive backs take the field tomorrow to conclude the 2015 NFL combine. And while the media has left, we’re still in Indianapolis gathering information.

Many were surprised Ohio State receiver Devin Smith was unable to break into the 4.3’s during yesterday workout, timing in the mid 4.4’s. So what happened? I spoke with people from Smith’s camp who told me the problem was all in the initial ten yards. Throughout combine training Smith had been clocking 1.45-seconds in his ten time but yesterday for some reason he ran 1.55’s. The one-tenth difference kept Smith out of the 4.3’s. It’ll be interesting to see what happens during the Buckeyes pro-day.

Small school defensive end Ryan Delaire of Towson ran a disappointing 4.95s forty today but the time is not reflective of the entire story. Three weeks ago Delaire underwent knee surgery to clip a piece of loose cartilage in the joint and really should not have been running today. Understanding the enormity of his combine opportunity Delaire decided to participate. Unfortunately after the forty he strained his groin and was sidelined for the rest of the session. The hope is Delaire will be full speed for Towson pro-day which takes place April 1st.

Participating in tomorrows workout will be a game time decision for UConn cornerback Byron Jones, who underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum just over two months ago. Jones was cleared just weeks ago for a full training regiment.

Several people were surprised when I rated Louisville safety James Sample ahead of teammate Gerod Holliman prior to the combine. I’m happy to say I’m not alone and most teams here in Indianapolis have a similar ranking. How high will Sample be selected? I grade him as a fifth rounder but I’m told a good forty time tomorrow could push Sample into the third round.

Word at the combine has the Kansas City Chiefs very high on East Carolina receiver Justin Hardy, which makes perfect sense. Hardy’s route running skills, ability to separate in underneath coverage and dependable hands would fit a hole in the Chiefs offense.
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10463

Darn you Kansas City... stay away and stop speaking up Hardy... he is ours

Back
Top Bottom