2015 Pro Days | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Pro Days

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout

Eddie Goldman ran a 5.12. At 336 pounds. Crazy

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/582918346431180800

Official time was 5.27 for Goldman.

The most disappointing thing out of FSU might be how unathletic their entire O-line is. People around here talking about drafting Tre Jackson...what the heck? 5.52 40, 1.88 10-yard split, that was at the combine. Yesterday he ran a 5.30 20-yard shuttle and a 8.40 3-cone. I've got times for 280 players in the 20-yard shuttle and that's the worst time out of all of them. I've got 3-cone times for 282 players and that's the worst out of all of them. Josue Matias (5.52 40, 5.12 shuttle, 8.19 3-cone) is not far behind and Bobby Hart (5.67 40, 5.07 shuttle, 8.08 3-cone) isn't much better.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 16h 16 hours ago
New Orleans Saints scheduled for a dinner meeting with Philip Dorsett/WR & Denzel Perryman/LB tonight ahead of tomorrow's Miami pro-day

Yale Pro Day
Today was the day Tyler Varga, who did not participate in the combine due to a bone spur on his ankle, worked out for scouts. Twenty-nine teams were on hand with only the Washington Redskins, Cincinnati Bengals and Houston Texans not in attendance.

Early numbers coming in from the afternoon workout included Varga tipping the scale at 222 pounds (same as the combine) before touching 38 1/2 inches in the vertical jump and 9-9 in the broad. His 40 time was clocked as fast as 4.64 seconds with 4.22 seconds in the short shuttle and 7.13 seconds in the 3-cone. Varga stood on his combine bench mark of 23 reps.

Also participating in the workout was safety Gordon Hill of Sacred Heart. The small-school prospect timed 4.55 seconds in the 40 after weighing in at 212 pounds. He completed 17 reps on the bench, posted a 37-inch vertical jump and 9-10 broad jump. His short shuttle timed 4.25 seconds and his 3-cone was 7.20 seconds

Connecticut Pro Day
Besides Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly and Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer, the Tampa Bay Bucs, Jacksonville Jaguars and Chicago Bears sent defensive back coaches. I'm told all 32 teams are in attendance.

The results for Byron Jones have been good thus far. Barely five months removed from labrum surgery, Jones completed 18 reps on the bench press and turned in times as fast as 4.36 on a number of watches.

I'm told Mike Zimmer is running the workout.

The word from UConn pro day was Byron Jones did better than expected.

As previously mentioned, Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer ran the workout, even coaching Jones at one point on specific techniques he employs with his cornerbacks. I further confirmed the 40 times on Jones, as most teams had him in the mid 4.3s on his first attempt and slightly slower on the second run.

I'm told the Carolina Panthers met with Jones last night then again today after the workout, while the New England Patriots had breakfast with the cornerback this morning.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#hfVXczprBglPskez.99

Representatives from 28 NFL teams -- including Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer and Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly, Eagles defensive coordinator Bill Davis and an Eagles defensive backs coach, and personnel directors from the Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- were present for Connecticut's pro day on Tuesday, when nine players worked out indoors on FieldTurf.

Wide receiver Geremy Davis (6-foot-2 5/8, 215 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 and 4.49 seconds. He stood on the rest of his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer in his position group in the bench press and 60-yard shuttle. Davis caught the ball well at the pro day workout, running good routes and displaying more speed than anybody thought he'd possessed.

Cornerback Byron Jones (6-0 1/2, 199 pounds) ran the 40 in 4.45 and 4.4 seconds. He had 18 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press and then stood on the rest of his combine numbers -- Jones set a world standing long jump record while in Indianapolis. Jones worked out well at the pro day, catching the ball really well. He is really good in press coverage. Above all, Jones is described as an outstanding person; he had served as a team captain and was a leader on the field and in the locker room.

Defensive tackle B.J. McBryde (6-5 1/8, 292) ran the 40 in 5.01 and 5.0 seconds. He had a 31 1/2-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-3 broad jump. He had a 20-yard short shuttle time of 4.39 seconds and a three-cone time of 7.22 seconds. He also performed 24 strength lifts. McBride could be a late-round draft pick or a priority free=agent signing for a team following the 2015 NFL Draft.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-attracts-big-philadelphia-eagles-contingent

Florida State Pro Day
A large contingent of more than 150 people representing all 32 NFL teams -- including New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton, Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Lovie Smith, Tennessee Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt, New York Jets coach Todd Bowles and Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin -- were present for Florida State's pro day on Tuesday, when 20 Seminoles players worked out indoors on FieldTurf.

Cornerback Ronald Darby (5-foot-10 5/8, 191 pounds) had a 10-foot-7 broad jump, did 15 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, and stood on the rest of his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer in his position group in the 40-yard dash (a fast 4.38-second time) and vertical jump. Darby had what was described as a good cornerback workout at FSU's pro day, adjusting to the ball well in the drills. Darby has visits set up with five NFL teams.

Defensive tackle Mario Edwards, Jr. (6-2 3/4, 272) has dropped weight since the scouting combine (where he weighed in at 279 pounds) and his playing weight during the season (FSU had him listed closer to 300 pounds at 294). Edwards had an outstanding pro-day workout, looking athletic and moving around well with great explosion. Edwards really helped himself in the draft at the pro day.

Center Cameron Erving (6-4 1/2, 311) worked out as both a center and an offensive tackle, and had a really good pro day.

Defensive tackle Eddie Goldman (6-3 3/4, 335) ran the 40 in 5.27 seconds on both attempts. He had a 26-inch vertical jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.87 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.62 seconds. Goldman is another prospect who had a good positional workout. Six NFL teams are set to host Goldman.

Wide receiver Rashad Greene (5-11 5/8, 177) had a 36-inch vertical jump and stood on the rest of his numbers from the combine.

Offensive guard Bobby Hart (6-4 3/8, 325) ran the 40 in 5.67 seconds on both attempts. He had a 27-inch vertical jump and a 7-foot-11 broad jump. Hart did the short shuttle in 5.07 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.08 seconds. He performed 22 reps on the bench press.

Offensive guard Tre Jackson (6-3 5/8, 319) ran the short shuttle in 5.3 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.4 seconds. He performed 20 strength lifts. Jackson is well-coached and knows how to position himself.

Offensive guard Josue Matias (6-5 1/4, 312) ran the 40 in 5.36 seconds on both attempts. He had a 24 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 7-foot-10 broad jump. Matias ran the short shuttle in 5.1 seconds and performed 21 strength lifts. All of those are better numbers than Matias posted at the combine.

Tight end Nick O'Leary (6-3 1/4, 250) did not do any drills due to a left hamstring issue.

Cornerback P.J. Williams (6-0, 190) ran the 40 in 4.45 seconds on both attempts. He had a 41-inch vertical jump and an 11-foot-3 broad jump. Williams has good hands, and looked very smooth and fluid in the position drills. Williams was said to have the flu, but worked out despite it.

Running back Karlos Williams (6-3 1/4, 229) had a good positional workout, catching the ball well out of the backfield.

Quarterback Jameis Winston (6-3 7/8, 231) stood on his numbers from the combine. Winston went through a 102-throw scripted workout, throwing the ball with good accuracy.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...jr-upgrades-his-draft-status-at-fsus-pro-day"

It's a media frenzy in Tallahassee to watch Jameis Winston, but the teams are on hand to observe the rest of the Seminole prospects.

The Minnesota Vikings have four people on hand, including general manager Rick Spielman. I'm told the franchise is concentrating on the FSU defensive backs. Sean Peyton and Rob Ryan of the New Orleans Saints are also on hand.

The unofficial 40 time for P.J. Williams stands at 4.47. He also touched 41.5 inches in the vertical (40 inches at the Combine) and 11-2 in the broad (11-feet Combine).

Backup tight end Kevin Haplea timed 4.67 in the 40. I'm told Nick O'Leary tweaked his hamstring again, did not run the 40, and may not participate in position drills.

Let's start with quarterback Jameis Winston, whom I thought had a terrific day.

Winston was loose and relaxed, and he set the tempo of the day rather than letting the enormity of the event overtake him. Winston threw more than 100 passes and was off the mark on just a few. I noticed a few times he was a bit high on throws, likely due to overthrowing the ball. I thought he was on balance and really didn't make receivers work hard to catch the ball, which is what you want in this sort of pitch-and-catch drill. He's definitely not Andrew Luck- or Matt Ryan-like in his pass placement, but you'd have to conclude he was accurate.

Backup tight end Kevin Halpea really helped himself. After running the 40 under 4.7, then being the prime tight end on the field after Nick O'Leary was sidelined with a hamstring injury, Halpea looked good catching the ball. He's definitely moved from camp invite fodder to undrafted free agent status.

Mario Edwards Jr. was down in weight and looked very athletic in drills. He was fluid moving in every direction and looked explosive. That sets up a quandary for teams; is Edwards just making a money grab in the run-up to the draft, or has he changed his tune and is ready to play to his level of ability?

Eddie Goldman looked slow and sluggish in testing (5.30/40, 4.85 short shuttle) but picked up the pace during position drills.

I thought receiver Rashad Greene was disappointing. He's quick with a burst, but dropped at least one deep throw which was right on the money.

Offensive lineman Bobby Hart was also disappointing. A 5.65 40 at 325 pounds, 22 reps on the bench and 27 inches in the vertical jump, followed by an average positional workout. On film, Hart is a better prospect but teams will not like the fact he showed little in the way of athleticism or strength.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#hfVXczprBglPskez.99

There have been mixed reviews on Winston's pro day (same as Mariota). But Winston had a 102 throw workout and showed every throw, not just the ones he does well like most QBs do on their pro day so IMO that counts for something. He basically put it all on the table. I'd still take him 1st if I were Tampa Bay.

Duke Johnson ran a 4.81 40 at Pro Day.

April fools lol.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 7m 7 minutes ago
Duke Johnson ran 4.47 twice.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 9m 9 minutes ago
The size disparity between Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson.
CBg-WyuWgAA7oGs.jpg:large

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 13m 13 minutes ago
Joe Philbin's in the house here at UM.
CBg9w9HWEAAmU9n.jpg:large

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 26m 26 minutes ago
Dennis Hickey is in the house.
CBg6sZ9W4AAcjDX.jpg:large

UM CB Ladarius Gunter rank a 4.56 as his fasted time.

Denzel Perryman's fasted 40-time, before he scratched, was a 4.67.
Perryman pulled his hammy on one of his 40 runs.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 8m 8 minutes ago
Phillip Dorsett's fasted recorded time at today's UM Pro day was a 4.25. He's clearly in the high 4.2s.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 20m 20 minutes ago
I've never seen a Dolphins GM not doing business at UM's Pro Day. Once Ireland had to leave to bid on RG3.
CBhD8HpWUAE7lFU.jpg:large

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 19m 19 minutes ago
According to @ChristyChirinos Anthony Chickillo's body has completely changed. He's a lot leaner. Props to him.
CBhEeM9W8AAHhho.jpg:large
That's exactly what I said Chickillo needed to do. Once he was out of that crappy 3-4 system that Golden runs he needed to drop weight to get around 265-270 to play DE in a 4-3. He was 282 his senior year. This kid is going to surprise some people in the NFL.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 20m 20 minutes ago
I've been very impressed with Thurston Armbrister today. He moves fluidly.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 15m 15 minutes ago
UM linebacker Thurston Armbrister moves like a safety. Very fluid.
CBhF4ruWcAAlZ2e.jpg:large
Surprised Armbrister didn't get more love in the post season. He had a good senior year. I think he'll make a squad and be a special teams ace.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 18m 18 minutes ago
Anthony Chickillo is doing LBer drills and not D-lineman drills right now. That's a head scratcher. D-line drills might be coming.
That doesn't make much sense.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 7m 7 minutes ago
Ladarius Gunter looks real fluid in his position drills.
CBhIS1zXIAAxIG0.jpg:large

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 16m 16 minutes ago
Dolphins czar Mike Tannenbaum and to his right is assistant GM Eric Stokes.
CBhGZNcWAAA6dX6.jpg:large

The Bengals TE coach is here to run Clive Wafford's position drills. Hint, hint.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 3m 3 minutes ago
Phillip Dorsett is killing it.

Susan Miller Degnan @smillerdegnan · 26m 26 minutes ago
.@Chickillo71 looks absolutely amazing. He is toned and lean and mean and looking as fit as I've ever seen him.

Susan Miller Degnan @smillerdegnan · 21m 21 minutes ago
Check out this pic of @Chickillo71.
CBhIWZqW4AA4I3Y.jpg:large

Chickillo does look like a linebacker in that pick...goodness he's really lost the weight. He was 267 at the combine.

Chickillo is going to be a great player in the NFL. He and Walford are the two Canes I would be excited about.

Chickillo is going to be a great player in the NFL. He and Walford are the two Canes I would be excited about.

Hurricanes Football ‏@CanesFootball · 51m51 minutes ago
Anthony Chickillo showing power and quickness at #ProDayAtTheU pic.twitter.com/WmUs3xV1hw

I wish that link would work but it won't come up...good video of Chick doing a drill...he has gotten much quicker by dropping the weight.

If Gunter drops to the 5th or 6th he's another kid we should look at. IMHO he's a step slow for a CB, but would make a good FS in the NFL. Armbrister probably won't get drafted but like datruth55 mentioned above play special teams for somebody at the least.

Great job posters with the Canes pro day coverage. Thanks.

More inflated pro day 40 times...i think chickillo is gone by the end of round 4

Chickillo at 265 is OV . Maybe better against the run but not as good of a pass rusher.

[video=youtube;rudvNDtcULg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=17&v=rudvNDtcULg[/video]

Thanks for all the updates guys :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom