2015 Pro Days | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Pro Days

Chickillo at 265 is OV . Maybe better against the run but not as good of a pass rusher.

[video=youtube;rudvNDtcULg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=17&v=rudvNDtcULg[/video]

Thanks for all the updates guys :up:

I think Chickillo could potentially become a better pass rusher than OV. That kid's motor is non stop but like typical UM over the past 10 years, we just don't have the staff to put our players in the best positions to succeed.

Somebody is going to get a solid 3rd round pick . . . Kenny Stills better be worth it.

I think Chickillo could potentially become a better pass rusher than OV. That kid's motor is non stop but like typical UM over the past 10 years, we just don't have the staff to put our players in the best positions to succeed.

Somebody is going to get a solid 3rd round pick . . . Kenny Stills better be worth it.

OV can be very up and down in games. He doesn't maybe have the core strength to deal with big, athletic tackles either. He has great burst and athleticism, but maybe not league-leading awareness. Chickillo isn't the speed athlete that OV is, but I love his consistency throughout games, his power for his size and his head is on a swivel. He's going to be an interesting Swiss-army piece for a creative D and that's not to say he couldn't easily hold down a regular DE spot. Just versatile and smart.

South Carolina Pro Day
The Game****s' workout is just beginning, and I can tell you tight end Buster Anderson, who did not work out at the Combine due to a torn triceps he was rehabilitating, suffered a grade-2 hamstring strain earlier this week. As a result, he will not workout today but is expected to schedule a private pro-day workout in the coming weeks.

Offensive lineman A.J. Cann, who suffered a left calf strain at the Combine and only completed the bench press is taking part today. Thus far, he's improved his bench press number by four and completed 30 reps, touched an impressive 32.5 inches in the vertical jump and 9-1 in the broad. Cann's height-weight at the combine was 6-2 3/4, 313 pounds.

I'm told Corey Robinson looks a lot lighter now that he did at any point in the season. His movement skills were pretty impressive for such a big blocker, and many came away believing he has the makings to grow into a starting right tackle at the next level.

I'm told A.J. Cann also looked very good in drills. He moved well, and as previously posted on Twitter, he was worked at center. Cann leaves the workout with most believing he won't get out of the second round.

The Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots, Arizona Cardinals and Baltimore Ravens all had offensive line coaches on hand.

Quarterback Dylan Thompson looked sharp and did not have an incomplete pass all day. He was accurate with his throws and displayed good velocity on the ball. Thompson also timed as fast as 4.65 in the 40 and touched 35 inches in the vertical jump.

Wideout Damiere Byrd, the recipient of Thompson's throws, timed as fast as 4.29 in the 40.

I'm told A.J. Cann struggled through the workout today with a calf strain and was unable to participate in the shuttle drills. Moving forward, Cann has a combined 14 visits and workouts, so there are no plans for him to attempt a make-up workout.

Buster Anderson, who as first reported this morning has a grade-2 hamstring strain which prevented him from working out, will schedule a workout likely as close to April 22 as possible. I'm told the workout will be done in reverse for precautions, as Anderson will do position drills first and save the timing events for last.

After scorching the track in the 40, receiver Damiere Byrd looked just as effective in position drills, catching everything thrown to him and practicing to his 40 speed.

Can't say the same for running back Mike Davis. While he was faster and looked a bit slimmer, sources say his conditioning was "not ideal," as Davis was not running through drills and struggled to get through pass-catching drills. Interesting note - the Dallas Cowboys sent a coach to specifically observe Davis. During the workout, which was run by the Tampa Bay Bucs, the Cowboys' coach was requesting for Davis to run specific drills. Shades of Tom Savage/Bill O'Brien from last year?
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#yt0A4GzW7SfcKJjF.99

Representatives from 19 NFL teams, including eight assistant coaches, were present for South Carolina's pro day on Wednesday, when 16 Game****s prospects worked out.

The pro day was held inside Williams-Brice Stadium, which has a grass surface. It is important to note that 40-yard dash times run on a grass surface are historically 0.13 seconds slower than those run on artificial turf.

Tight end Rory "Busta" Anderson (6-foot-4 3/4, 246 pounds) pulled his right hamstring on Monday night and was unable to participate at the pro day.

Offensive guard A.J. Cann (6-2 5/8, 310) ran the 40 in 5.47 and 5.46 seconds. He had a 32 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-1 broad jump. He also performed 30 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. Cann had a really good positional workout, doing most of his work at the center position. He is very strong and has really good short-area quickness.

Running back Mike Davis (5-9, 211) ran the 40 in 4.52 seconds. He had a 35 1/2-inch vertical jump, and stood on the rest of his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine. Davis also had a good positional workout, catching the ball really well out of the backfield.

Offensive tackle Corey Robinson (6-6 3/4, 319) ran the 40 in 5.3 and 5.29 seconds. He had a 31-inch vertical jump and 9-foot broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.82 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.36 seconds. Robinson -- who has 36-inch arms -- has real good feet for a lineman.

Defensive tackle J.T. Surratt (6-1, 305) ran the 40 in 5.05 seconds on both attempts. He had a 31-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.83 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.75 seconds. He also performed 33 strength lifts, though he short-armed the bench press reps so it's not a true 33 reps in this drill.

Wide receiver Damiere Byrd (5-9 1/8, 173) ran the 40 in 4.28 seconds. He ran it just once since his left calf muscle tightened up on him. Byrd had a 42-inch vertical and 10-foot-11 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.03 seconds, the three-cone in 6.6 seconds and the 60-yard long shuttle in 10.90 seconds, which is unheard of (that time is faster than any other time posted at the 2015 scouting combine). Byrd also had 13 strength lifts. Byrd -- who has a track and field background -- is a small guy with a lot of speed. With those kind of pro-day numbers, Byrd will be a minimum of a priority free-agent pickup for a team following the 2015 NFL Draft.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-byrd-of-south-carolina-runs-428-40-on-grass

Miami Pro Day
The day belonged to receiver Phillip Dorsett.

As reported earlier, Dorsett blistered in the 40 and improved his already fast time from the Combine. Afterward, Dorsett was nothing short of sensational during position drills. He ran crisp routes, caught everything thrown in his direction and most importantly, practiced to his 40 time. People who've been attending Hurricane pro days for more than a decade told me Dorsett's performance today was the best they've ever witnessed at a Miami pro day.

Yesterday I reported Dorsett had dinner with the New Orleans Saints. Today I can tell you they are bringing the speedy wideout in for a visit. I can also inform that head coach Sean Payton and Jeff Ireland were on the sidelines gushing over Dorsett and talked about what a great fit the receiver would be for their offense.

Running back Duke Johnson timed under 4.5 (4.48), which is faster than his Combine mark.

As reported earlier, Denzel Perryman went down with a hamstring injury at the end of his second run, and I'm hearing it's pretty significant. How this affects Perryman during his individual workouts moving forward is something to keep watch of.

I'm told defensive end Anthony Chickillo came to the workout a little lighter, and was used exclusively at linebacker during position drills, but struggled. He was stiff and looked poor trying to backpedal in coverage drills.

Ladarius Gunter looked smooth and fluid in drills, while Clive Walford, who was struggling with a hamstring issue, was put through a grueling workout by the Cincinnati Bengals.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#yt0A4GzW7SfcKJjF.99

I wonder who's idea it was to try Chickillo out at linebacker...that was dumb.

Mike Davis not being in great shape is very disappointing. One of my favorite all around backs in this draft, I just don't see any scenario (besides bad work ethic?) where he's not a really productive RB in the NFL.

Jeff Ireland was gushing over Dorsett, so we can safely cross him off our list. Last time jeff drafted a speed WR it was 26 year old Clyde Gates. And you know damn well jeff thought he was some kind of genius when he drafted him.

McNeese State Pro Day
Representatives from 22 NFL teams were present for McNeese State's pro day on March 25. The workout was held outdoors and run on FieldTurf.

Offensive guard Antoine Everett (6-foot-3, 323 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 and 4.65 seconds. Everett is a free-agent possibility for a team following the conclusion of the 2015 NFL Draft.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ree-agent-works-out-at-mcneese-states-pro-day

I don't know who the heck this kid thinks he is...the audacity of running the 40-yard dash at that speed with his size...OUTRAGEOUS!

OV can be very up and down in games. He doesn't maybe have the core strength to deal with big, athletic tackles either. He has great burst and athleticism, but maybe not league-leading awareness. Chickillo isn't the speed athlete that OV is, but I love his consistency throughout games, his power for his size and his head is on a swivel. He's going to be an interesting Swiss-army piece for a creative D and that's not to say he couldn't easily hold down a regular DE spot. Just versatile and smart.

I think Chickillo is every bit as fast and athletic as OV.

“@SiClancy: Maryland wide receiver Stefon Diggs has met extensively with the Dolphins in the last 48 hours. Miami were also on hand at today's pro day.”

YAaaaaaas, come to Mia Mr. Diggs..

“@SiClancy: Maryland wide receiver Stefon Diggs has met extensively with the Dolphins in the last 48 hours. Miami were also on hand at today's pro day.”

YAaaaaaas, come to Mia Mr. Diggs..

Im down...i have a 4th round grade...they are talking 6th round

I tell ya whats interesting...aj cann worked extensively at center at his pro day...when you watch his tape at guard its inconsistent but you can see that he fires off the ball well and has good short area quickness...that trait is tailor made for the pivot

I tell ya whats interesting...aj cann worked extensively at center at his pro day...when you watch his tape at guard its inconsistent but you can see that he fires off the ball well and has good short area quickness...that trait is tailor made for the pivot

I like centers with a base & strength > athleticism. Cann fits that. Now is he a leader and does he have football IQ? That's all you need to find out. I think Shaq Mason is another one from Georgia Tech who could be a successful convert

Maryland Pro Day
There was a large crowd on hand at Maryland's pro day as more than 42 NFL personnel people representing 30 teams made the trip.

Included amongst them were New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichik as well as the team's director of personal Nick Cesario, New York Giants VP of player evaluation Marc Ross, Minnesota Vikings director of college scouting Jamaal Stephenson, as well as assistant coaches from the Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins and Philadelphia Eagles. Amongst the teams not on hand were the New York Jets.

It was a windy day outside, and players ran the 40 into, then with, the wind.

As far as the testing numbers are concerned linebacker Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil, who did not workout at the combine due to a patella injury, timed as fast as 4.74 seconds - with the wind (W) - with 4.88 seconds - against the wind (A), in the 40. He also touched 30 inches on the vertical jump, 9-10 in the board and completed 27 reps on the bench. His short shuttle timed 4.25 seconds with a 3-cone time of 7.23 seconds. I'm told Cudjoe-Virgil looked smooth and explosive in drills.

Receiver Stefon Diggs stood on his 40 number from the combine, but timed 4.11 seconds in the short shuttle, almost two-tenths better than in Indianapolis. He also completed 11 reps on the bench. Feedback from Diggs' position work has been all positive as the receiver, who measured 6-0 1/4, 191 pounds, ran scissor-sharp routes and caught the ball very well. Over the course of the past two days, Diggs has met with the New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.

Linebacker Cole Farrand, who was not invited to the combine, measured 6-2 1/2, 231 pounds, touched 34 1/2 inches in the vertical jump and 10-1 in the broad. His 40 times clocked 4.82 seconds (A) and 4.63 seconds (W). The average of 4.72 seconds is a terrific mark for Farrand. His other marks included 4.2 seconds in the short shuttle and 6.87 seconds in the 3-cone drill. Farrand also looked good in position drills and made money for himself today.

Fellow linebacker L.A. Goree timed 5.03 seconds (A) and 4.82 seconds (W) in the 40 after measuring 6-1 3/4, 231 pounds.

Cornerback Jeremiah Johnson, who sat out the 2013 campaign with a knee issue after playing better than New York Jets third-round pick Dexter McDougle in 2012, had an average time of 4.68 seconds in the 40.

Defensive tackle Darius Kilgo, a surprise non-invite to the combine, measured 6-2 7/8, 313 pounds, completed 33 reps on the bench, touched 24 inches in the vertical jump and 8-0 in the broad. His times were nothing special (5.19 seconds (W) in the 40, 7.6 seconds in the 3-cone) but Kilgo looked terrific in position drills.

Not so for receiver Deon Long who ran the 40 in 4.67 seconds (A) and 4.58 seconds (W), and then struggled in catching the ball later in drills and had a number of drops.

Former safety turned outside linebacker Matt Robinson measured 6-3 1/8, 247 pounds, timed 4.87 seconds (A) and 4.64 seconds (W) in the 40 and 7.16 seconds in the 3-cone. He completed 13 reps on the bench, touched 34 inches in the vertical and 10-1 in the broad.

Washington Pro Day
Marcus Peters and Shaq Thompson both stood on their 40 times from the combine, but each performed position drills and looked very good.

Especially Peters.

I'm told he was fast, fluid and smooth. His backpedal, which has been questioned by some, was quick as was his transition.

Peters has 17 official visits. He had dinner with the New York Jets last night, is having dinner with the New Orleans Saints this evening and met extensively with the Cleveland Browns. I'm told the Baltimore Ravens are hoping he'll be available for them at the end of Round 1.

Shaq Thompson weighed in at 228 pounds then completed 28 reps on the bench. He did both linebacker and defensive back drills and looked very athletic in both. Thompson had dinner with Mike Nolan of the San Diego Chargers last night and is scheduled to eat with the Carolina Panthers this evening. He presently has nine visits on his schedule.

Danny Shelton tipped the scales at 338 pounds, one less than at the combine. I'm told he also looked good in drills, but the love for Shelton in the outside world is not shared by decision-makers in war rooms, who feel he's a bit one-dimensional in his game.

Earlier, I reported Hau'Oli Kikaha timed in the mid- to high 4.9-second range (4.97 seconds) in the 40 after weighing 243 pounds, 10 less than at the combine. To be fair, I received some texts later with slightly faster times (low 4.9-second range). Regardless, Kikaha's lack of speed confirmed a lot of fears, and I've been told since the combine, a number of teams have removed him from their boards over medical concerns.
http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

Interesting about Shelton. I've heard that as well...even read where he has only 1 visit lined up. I know myself as well as many others have expressed similar things...he's a good player but I'm not sure he's much more than a 2 down run plugger...and that's not a top 10 player to me. Carl Davis is better IMO.

I'm also interested in Peters. I don't have access to things the team does...but the kid can flat out play. He's definitely not a Hickey guy...but in a trade down I could see Tannebaum forcing his hand there.

Back
Top Bottom