2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

NFL network pushing for the Zeke trade up...

Miami, Chicago or NY Giants.

I sure hope you are wrong about Lawson being the pick. Everything about him screams average NFL player, at best, to me.

I am higher on Lawson than most, but am not blind to the fact that aspects of his game are raw and the Dolphins have had NO plan for developing ANYONE correctly for the past decade. So far as I can see, the plan to develop Tannehill up to this point has been "see how many hits he can take until he is decapitated".

That said, Lawson's game offers up some position flexibility and that would greatly assist a team like the Dolphins that are figuring out what players on D they need to replace.

I won't be watching tonight....I have very important things to do...

*puts on netflix and begins to binge watch Gilmore Girls, wife walks if...

"The Draft is tonight?"

"Yes"

"are you going to watch it"

"no"

"Why?"

"Tannenbaum"

*checks phone and sees the Dolphins have moved up in round one giving up a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 1st next year

"Dolphins select Ezekiel Elliot - RB - Ohio State University...

miami-fan-flipping-the-twirly-bird.gif

Been looking forward to this day since our season ended. I am torn on who we should take. Thanks to some serious debate around here, I can see the value in taking Zeke, Jack, Lawson, or a CB. Apple isn't my favorite for CB, but if we do take him then I need to trust our team's evaluation. T-Bum is such a huge wildcard that tonight could be highly emotional for a lot of us. Hopefully T-Bum will handle tonight's draft with competence. ;-) I know we can't hit on all of our draft picks. I am hoping at least for a solid well thought out draft. Who knows, maybe we will get lucky!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am higher on Lawson than most, but am not blind to the fact that aspects of his game are raw and the Dolphins have had NO plan for developing ANYONE correctly for the past decade. So far as I can see, the plan to develop Tannehill up to this point has been "see how many hits he can take until he is decapitated".

That said, Lawson's game offers up some position flexibility and that would greatly assist a team like the Dolphins that are figuring out what players on D they need to replace.
I agree with that. Call me crazy, but I think his partner in crime, Dodd, is the better player.

Have no illusions, T-Bum is stupid enough to do exactly that. I am hoping for the best and am prepared for the worst.
Regardless what happens we can be assured a lot of 'baum haters are going to be vindicated. Miami MOVES up and 'baum is an idiot. He stays put, he's an idiot. Jack and EE available when Miami's on the clock and he picks Jack, he's an idiot. Jack and EE available when Miami's on the clock and he picks EE, he's an idiot. Personally, as I've said, I'll be happy with any of 4-5 players. Have a preference, but not an obsession.

If Miami calls one of these names, I'll be happy:

Vernon Hargreaves, Darron Lee, Karl Joseph, Emmanuel Ogbah. We wouldn't - and shouldn't - do it, but I could live with Josh Doctson. Don't need another WR (this high, anyway), but the talent is warrants a top-15 pick (unlike some of the other names I'm seeing associated with Miami).

I don't expect them to call one of those names, so I don't expect to be happy.

Vernon Hargreaves, Darron Lee, Karl Joseph, Emmanuel Ogbah. We wouldn't - and shouldn't - do it, but I could live with Josh Doctson. Don't need another WR (this high, anyway), but the talent is warrants a top-15 pick (unlike some of the other names I'm seeing associated with Miami).

Chance for Hargreaves if he is still there, but your right probably none of those become a Dolphin.

If Jack is there would you like that pick?

I would scream like a little girl LOL. I also love all those names you have too.

If Jack is there would you like that pick?

I would scream like a little girl LOL. I also love all those names you have too.

Absolutely, assuming his knee should heal properly. Troj made a compelling case for his recovery in VIP. I don't know enough to have an opinion on the knee. A healthy Jack would be a major steal at 13.

Absolutely, assuming his knee should heal properly. Troj made a compelling case for his recovery in VIP. I don't know enough to have an opinion on the knee. A healthy Jack would be a major steal at 13.

I'd take a Darron Lee too because for how athletic Jack is, Lee is close in that regard.

My darkhorse is still Nkemdiche. I don't know why i feel that way but the kid is a freak. He can play inside and outside.

I'm still hoping moving down can happen and if we move down then Jackson would be the corner I would take. I don't want yo move up.

Ozzy rules

I am intrigued by Doctson. I know people would be upset with this pick because we have Stills, but like a lot of fans, I am so-so on him. Along with Parker, Doctson could really help us in the red zone because he has a huge catch radius and Tannehill has had trouble with his touch passes. I know Zeke could really help us too by running the ball in for TD's, but maybe we could save some picks if we went Doctson and took a RB later in the draft.

IT IS DRAFT DAY!
6f68d94c065bca8bfd4a4f73366ac707.jpg

Let's all eat our pancakes, smash a laptop, set the scouting reports on fire, call the kid GM in Jacksonville, draft Vontae Mack no matter what and most importantly save Seahawk football in Seattle :D

Its draft day ladies and gents.... lets go get us a cornerback!

we're totally not getting a CB

Back
Top Bottom