2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

No matter which way, up, down, sideways, we are going to be adding a potentially really good player to the team, conventional thinking is a CB but you never know,

Theres going to be very good players wherever we pick.....this afternoon can't go fast enough...

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

So who plays opposite Maxwell?

Jalen Ramsey in my dreams...

probably Jackson or Apple

I get excited to watch the draft, the realize once it starts i'm watching analysts yap for 10 minutes at a time split by 30 second action. Great multitasking TV.

Either way it's exciting, hope we can solidify O-line and then pickup some real playmakers like Landry and Jones

My first pref is still someone crushing on Lynch and trading up to our spot so we can accumulate some more picks in the strength of this draft (rounds 2 and 3). Else I think we go Lawson.

I can see Hargreaves falling to 13, I'm not sure they would pick him though

You better get your corner rd 1 or think about trading back in to rd 1 if not at 13 because if you try and wait could have egg all over your face like LB last year.

I will only be watching until the 13th pick... unless we trade down. If we can trade down and land William Jackson III, I will be happy.

Just out of curiosity...those of you who aren't excited or just posted in this thread to mock the past few years...what's your motive here?

I know you have every right to, but I'm just curious what your line of thinking is. Desire to spread pessimism? Self-loathing? Masochism? Sheer boredom? What?

If nothing else, it should be entertaining. Not only do we the fans not have a clue what we will be doing, but I wonder if most of the FO knows yet?
I predict without question!!! . . . . . . . . . all stations covering the draft will go to commercial exactly as we are about to pick! Seems to be a theme the last two years. First night almost becomes a forced production like the Oscars rather than the exciting event it used to known for. Guess it's all about the tv dollars these days.

Just out of curiosity...those of you who aren't excited or just posted in this thread to mock the past few years...what's your motive here?

I know you have every right to, but I'm just curious what your line of thinking is. Desire to spread pessimism? Self-loathing? Masochism? Sheer boredom? What?

WHO CARES

I've been waiting months and can't wait till 8 o'clock...Message boards are like a box of chocolates

You better get your corner rd 1 or think about trading back in to rd 1 if not at 13 because if you try and wait could have egg all over your face like LB last year.
Agreed. we need a #1 corner and it's not easy to find one out of the first round

TOUCHDOWN = Elliot drops to #13 -OR- We trade down from #13 and still get one of the CBs we've targeted
FIRST DOWN = Stay at #13 and get one of the CBs we've targeted -OR- Stay at #13 and get a premier player on the offensive or defensive line
PLAY UNDER REVIEW = Stay at #13 and Myles Jack falls to us (????KNEE????) -OR- Trade back up for Elliot (what was the cost?)
DRIVE STALLED = Stay at #13 and draft a reach player too early
PICK SIX = Tannenbaum tries to outsmart the entire league, completely ignores the depth chart and the schemes his coaches are installing, and blindly drafts "best player available" at a position that isn't an immediate need

Honest opinion based on what I've seen from the players.

You walk out of day 1 with either Jack, VH3, or Zeke you should consider it a success cause you know you're getting an impact player.

You walk out with a Darron Lee, Reggie Ragland, Eli Apple, or William Jackson III you should be content as you are getting a starter with good potential, but you are also looking at very raw players that could go either way.

Any other player unless someone like Bosa, or Ramsey somehow falls? Probably a disappointment. I do like Karl Joseph as a player though.

Now trading up to 3? You better be taking a Bosa or a Ramsey. As much as I like Zeke, you take an RB top 5, you better be getting AP or Marshall Faulk.

Back
Top Bottom