2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

We needed a CB. We needed a LB. We needed a lot of things... but how do you not draft that guy?! He was the #1 overall not too long ago. Say what you want about TBum, but thank you Dolphins for finally just taking BPA.

I can't agree more. We got a steal. I like the pick...I like that we picked PBA. Finally, it's the way to build a quality team.. Great job front office. First time I've said that in years.

So we have to get a corner round 2 no? Hard to pass up Tunsil there.

Hold up......yeah it worked out that way - apparently we finally fell into luck turning for us....BUT....up to 10 minutes before the draft Tunsil was still going to go in the top 5 if not #3. You're giving our FO too much credit....there was no way anyone could foresee this and it turned out the best way possible....but don't pretend that our brain trust had absolutely anything to do with it (well....unless they leaked the bong photo/video). The planets simply lined up right and it happened.......it would not look nearly as fantastic if the Tunsil drama didn't happen and he went high like he was supposed to....no need for anyone to feel silly since this was a total out of nowhere game changer that Tannebaum & Co. knew nothing about when they traded out originally and there was no way in hell ANYONE expected Tunsil to be there at #13.

Again....there was no "move".....it was the football gods shining on us for once....the only thing to be grateful for is that our FO had some balls and went with BPA instead of being scared off or reaching & screwing it up.

So when it's a good move it's just lucky and having the football gods on your side but when it is a bad move it is Tannenbaums fault. If you don't like him fine, but give the man credit where credit is due because this is just a crap excuse.

just ridiculous if you ask me....

Tunsil was projected at #1 just a few weeks ago to Tennessee. After the two trades occurred for teams obviously targeting QB's he was then projected to #3. Then some weak ass video was released to try and defame his character. We landed a premier offensive lineman at 13.

Grade: A

84iw7.jpg

#legalizemarijuana

I'm glad he gambled more than doing some nonsense based on his terrible instincts like trading up for Elliot.

LOL .. nonsense to trade up for a guy that a lot of teams coveted and that ended up going #4. Sure, whatever.

In the last couple days, I've heard the likes of Jon Gruden, Willie McGinest, Shaun O'Hara, etc. all say that they'd trade up for Zeke. Hell, every analyst on ESPN and NFL network are singing his praises and how high he was drafted.

Tunsil was projected at #1 just a few weeks ago to Tennessee. After the two trades occurred for teams obviously targeting QB's he was then projected to #3. Then some weak ass video was released to try and defame his character. We landed a premier offensive lineman at 13.

84iw7.jpg

#legalizemarijuana

The thing I love is that Grier acknowledged the video and said they were aware of it already and knew when it was from. That really makes me feel better about it knowing that it wasn't a surprise to our GM

Hold up......yeah it worked out that way - apparently we finally fell into luck turning for us....BUT....up to 10 minutes before the draft Tunsil was still going to go in the top 5 if not #3. You're giving our FO too much credit....there was no way anyone could foresee this and it turned out the best way possible....but don't pretend that our brain trust had absolutely anything to do with it (well....unless they leaked the bong photo/video). The planets simply lined up right and it happened.......it would not look nearly as fantastic if the Tunsil drama didn't happen and he went high like he was supposed to....no need for anyone to feel silly since this was a total out of nowhere game changer that Tannebaum & Co. knew nothing about when they traded out originally and there was no way in hell ANYONE expected Tunsil to be there at #13.

Again....there was no "move".....it was the football gods shining on us for once....the only thing to be grateful for is that our FO had some balls and went with BPA instead of being scared off or reaching & screwing it up.

You are absolutely right, this was 99% luck - BUT I respect the foresight in seeing the small value drop in moving from 8-13 to fill two HUGE needs. And so far, it seems to have really paid off - we could've stayed pat and only got Tunsil and scrambled for a cb and lb (not that we don't still need to fill holes) for the rest of the draft.

So when it's a good move it's just lucky and having the football gods on your side but when it is a bad move it is Tannenbaums fault. If you don't like him fine, but give the man credit where credit is due because this is just a crap excuse.

oranges gonna hate I suppose....

Never said anything like that.......in fact, I said give credit to FO/Tannebaum for having the guts to take Tunsil.....but there was no way, like you're trying to rewrite history, he, our FO or anyone on the planet could know at the time they made the Maxwell/Alonzo trade that it would wind up on draft night like this.....you're playing it off like they made all these moves just right and through their draft/trade prowess made it happen...it just isn't so and on draft night luck definitely fell our way to make it all happen (without which btw, it NEVER would have happened!)

Surey the 2nd rd. I like Alexander. Could be our guy tommorow. I love Myles Jack. At the beginning of this thing he was my guy at 8, but like others have said his knee must be seriously, seriously problematic for him to still be there

People are killing Tunsil now because he admitted to taking money at Ole Miss. uhh no **** he did. He was suspended 7gms last yr for it. So this isn't old news.

BTW, No doubt his stepdad is behind all this.

Wow. I actually agree with you on something.

I have no problem with this pick. Depending upon the source you choose to believe, that video was 2-3 years ago. Furthermore, it was posed 15 minutes before the draft started. Someone had an axe to grind or simply wanted Tunsil to fall.

The Fins got what was the #1 guy on many draft boards with the #13 pick. Well worth the risk.

While I initially didn't like the trade down, it ended up quite nicely. They landed Tunsil, Alonso and Mawell -- 3 starters -- by only sliding down 5 spots.

I am absolutely shocked William Jackson III is still on the board, if he drops to much further we absolutely have to make a move. This is one funny draft.

I told you hoops, panthers draft best player available and don't reach for need, no CB in the first round like I predicted

Back
Top Bottom