2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

TOUCHDOWN = Elliot drops to #13 -OR- We trade down from #13 and still get one of the CBs we've targeted
FIRST DOWN = Stay at #13 and get one of the CBs we've targeted -OR- Stay at #13 and get a premier player on the offensive or defensive line
PLAY UNDER REVIEW = Stay at #13 and Myles Jack falls to us (????KNEE????) -OR- Trade back up for Elliot (what was the cost?)
DRIVE STALLED = Stay at #13 and draft a reach player too early
PICK SIX = Tannenbaum tries to outsmart the entire league, completely ignores the depth chart and the schemes his coaches are installing, and blindly drafts "best player available" at a position that isn't an immediate need

PCIK SIX = Tannenbaum trades up and then picks someone that leaves all of us shaking our heads. (As if this has never happened before!)

in order
bosa
jack
apple

bosa and if jack clears medical offer up a 3rd rounder this year or next to go up and get at 8
apple sit at 13

if we stay at 13 my money is what it's been on for 2 months now apple being the pick...

Agreed. we need a #1 corner and it's not easy to find one out of the first round

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 36m36 minutes ago
Miami Dolphins will have no chance in 2016 if they don’t draft a cornerback

Yes Armando agreed..

I DO NOT think the Fins trade up.

I think they stay and go CB.

IF they don't go CB, it would be for Jack, Lawson or Ragland. Don't sleep on the Fins trying to work into the back of RD 1 for a CB.

Thats sounds too reasonable for this organization. Trade back into the first round??? What????!!! Probably dont know its possible

First 3 rounds: Shaq Lawson (I totally agree with Mayock), 2nd round: The best or second best guard 3rd Round, RB Booker

If Kenyan Drake is available in the 3rd, I want him more. I just don't think he's gonna be there.

so according to some of the Miami people I trust a lot, choice 1 is Myles Jack, 2 is Elliot. If neither are available it's Eli Apple

Including this guy

Matty I ‏@TheMattyI 19h19 hours ago
Really Final Update: the Miami Dolphins 1st round pick will be Myles Jack, Ezekiel Elliott, Eli Apple or Reggie Ragland. In that order.

Unless a team will trade us a starting boundary CB for our 3rd round pick. That pick will be #40, right? No, it will be #39 cuz the Patriots lost their 1st round pick.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

My bad, I mean our 2nd round pick will be #39, and I might trade that pick, too, if the CB we'd get is in the top 15 of NFL CBs.

Regardless what happens we can be assured a lot of 'baum haters are going to be vindicated. Miami MOVES up and 'baum is an idiot. He stays put, he's an idiot. Jack and EE available when Miami's on the clock and he picks Jack, he's an idiot. Jack and EE available when Miami's on the clock and he picks EE, he's an idiot. Personally, as I've said, I'll be happy with any of 4-5 players. Have a preference, but not an obsession.

Any credit for success goes to Grier and/or Gase. All failures lay at Tannenbaum's feet. We went through this during the Parcells/Ireland era but not to this extreme. It is what it is.

I DO NOT think the Fins trade up.

I think they stay and go CB.

IF they don't go CB, it would be for Jack, Lawson or Ragland. Don't sleep on the Fins trying to work into the back of RD 1 for a CB.

This would be outstanding.

Trade *back* and pick up Apple/Jackson III/Alexander? I'm in.

Sigh... I have such a bad feeling we will trade up

Don't do it tbaum, we know you wanna

I also would love it if they traded back and grabbed Ragland, but I'm higher on him than many here. I think a lot of other NFL teams are, too, and I don't think he makes it out of the top 20.

The stuff I saw last night was putting Eli Apple in the late 20s. The film I saw on him was 'Blecch!'. I have more confidence in Lippett than Apple.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Draft Shaq and get a player that's better than Olivier Vernon is Right Now!

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Though, would you rather have Leonard Floyd there? I'd rather have Shaq cuz he looks so damn physical.

I'm inclined to think they stay at 13 or perhaps move further down. The move from 8-13 indicates to me that they guy they covet will be there at 13. Depending how the draft unfolds obviously dictates moving down again to get more picks and of course the opportunity must present itself.

If they stay and pick, depending on med report Jack would be a great pick and could be there. Lawson, Apple or EE would be solid as well. Personally I'd rather move down a little and grab the CB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom