2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

I would like to trade back as far as possible to get Sean Davis next.

If no trades, idk even for 2nd round. dont reach for a corner. Maybe Ragland at SLB isnt such a bad though? Or risking Jack? Still a lot of time left guys. this will be an interesting one

justin simmons. we need him.

There's also Ron Howard rb who can be available, and even Kevin Dodd who was regarded as a first rd talent and miami needs a pass rushing DE bad. As Wake is old and beat up and Mario williams is old too plus he has just a one year contract and Vernon is gone.

I am so thrilled this evening. What an amazing series of events. Tannehill, Landry, Parker, Stills, Cameron, Ajai... Our entire offense just took the leap with one pick.

Lb and Corner in round 2 and 3. RB and WR in 4 and 5. K and DE/DT in 6 and 7.

Excited to see this kind of talent on the OL! Been hoping for this for years!

not a stretch to say Tunsil could turn out to be a better player than Ezekiel Elliott. different impact/different positions, obviously. and a Tackle generally has more longevity than a RB.

I wouldn't draft a running back in the first round.

I am so thrilled this evening. What an amazing series of events. Tannehill, Landry, Parker, Stills, Cameron, Ajai... Our entire offense just took the leap with one pick.

Lb and Corner in round 2 and 3. RB and WR in 4 and 5. K and DE/DT in 6 and 7.

I have been saying this for weeks. Everyone wanting the "sexy" picks. But our true biggest team need was OL. And it has been one of those silent killers through the past few seasons. Every fan knew, but when given a chance to solve it most wanted to spend resources on something flashier.

I have seen this board tonight go from blowing up (when Zeke was picked).... to calmly elated when Tunsil fell into our laps. It was like a giant sigh of relief occurred. Fans didn't want to admit the real problem and feel like they were wasting a draft pick on more OL.

But when the #1 player in the draft fell to us at #13, the value was undeniable and I think even those wanting defense quietly withdrew protests and accepted that we have finally solved the real problem with this team's identity.

The Offense can now protect the Defense. I think fans realize that now. Now, defensive fanatics... go build our defense. Now that one side of the ball is ready to roll, focus on the other.

And don't worry Tannehill detractors, you'll slowly quiet over the year as you see what this kid can do with a clean jersey and a coach who believes in him. Finally giving him a chance will suddenly show everyone that we really do have fewer problems than we have complained about. We just had to fix the right problems.

We are poised for a bounce back. This one pick will calm the franchise and getting us moving in the right direction.

And don't worry about Albert. He's a Professional who's been in this situation before. He will handle this correctly and this team will do right by him. In the end, everyone will win.

Sure would love me some Mackensie Alexander...man what a couple a pix those would be. Or maybe Ogbah...

I think maybe have albert start out at left tackle, Tunsil at RT and James at Left guard. By mid season or later after getting a little adjusted to league or when Albert wears down like he does. Tunsil to LT, Albert to guard and James to RT

There's also Ron Howard rb who can be available, and even Kevin Dodd who was regarded as a first rd talent and miami needs a pass rushing DE bad. As Wake is old and beat up and Mario williams is old too plus he has just a one year contract and Vernon is gone.

Honest mistake, I'm sure you meant Jordan Howard from Indiana. However the thought of drafting little Opee Taylor just makes me smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of Alexander... Might just call Leon Hall and go with what you have in Lippett and co

I'm looking at LB tomorrow for sure. Jack, Ragland, Smith and possibly Cravens (Will?)

I'm a big fan of Emmanuel Ogbah. would bring some youth on the defensive front. Rotate him with Williams and Wake. I think the cream of the corner class is gone and would hate to reach for the position just because we need a corner, I would rather take the better player.

justin simmons. we need him.

Yes

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

I have been saying this for weeks. Everyone wanting the "sexy" picks. But our true biggest team need was OL. And it has been one of those silent killers through the past few seasons. Every fan knew, but when given a chance to solve it most wanted to spend resources on something flashier.

I have seen this board tonight go from blowing up (when Zeke was picked).... to calmly elated when Tunsil fell into our laps. It was like a giant sigh of relief occurred. Fans didn't want to admit the real problem and feel like they were wasting a draft pick on more OL.

But when the #1 player in the draft fell to us at #13, the value was undeniable and I think even those wanting defense quietly withdrew protests and accepted that we have finally solved the real problem with this team's identity.

The Offense can now protect the Defense. I think fans realize that now. Now, defensive fanatics... go build our defense. Now that one side of the ball is ready to roll, focus on the other.

And don't worry Tannehill detractors, you'll slowly quiet over the year as you see what this kid can do with a clean jersey and a coach who believes in him. Finally giving him a chance will suddenly show everyone that we really do have fewer problems than we have complained about. We just had to fix the right problems.

We are poised for a bounce back. This one pick will calm the franchise and getting us moving in the right direction.

And don't worry about Albert. He's a Professional who's been in this situation before. He will handle this correctly and this team will do right by him. In the end, everyone will win.

:clapping: great post

Back
Top Bottom