2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

Honest mistake, I'm sure you meant Jordan Howard from Indiana. However the thought of drifting little Opee Taylor just makes me smile.

lol..miami should draft a film producer..I just looked at nfl.com and the rb and then for whatever reason forgot his first name, but remembered his last name

Tunsel admitted to his college coach giving him money.

some have been saying he's a snitch and dogging him. I'm pretty sure he's not the only star player that has, but atleast for Tunsil he did it to help pay for his mother's electricity bill. It sounds like he's a good guy, but his step dad is a d bag. And he had to admit it. People want him to be a liar when there's his instagram that has evidence of his convo and the fact it will be found out so soon enough the coaches and ole miss will be found to have done this regardless of what he says. His best bet was to come forward, admit it, be honest and move past it. If he denied it, or kepy denying it and then it's found out he did get paid, which would have happened or already as and they just wanted him to simply admit it..

If he denies it and kept doing so despite the facts and evidence, he would look like Barry Bonds, Rafeal Palmier and the other mlb guys who used steroids and kept lying only to find out and they just looked like lying asses. Tunsil didn't cheat tho so it's not in that sense, but he had to admit it. I mean the ncaa makes millions, but yet they'll be asses about a coach or coaches trying to help tunsil here, despite the fact players like tunsil net the ncaa millions of dollars in the first place.

So who's on the radar if Alexander goes before our pick? Robinson? Ragland? Reed? Or maybe Henry. And no I'm not Bama bias at all lol but shoot all 4 of these players are steals in the 2nd.

So who's on the radar if Alexander goes before our pick? Robinson? Ragland? Reed? Or maybe Henry. And no I'm not Bama bias at all lol but shoot all 4 of these players are steals in the 2nd.

What about Kevin Dodd? I know he's not the most experienced, but his attributes he does have, are one's you need to be a good pass rusher in the nfl and things you can teach and experience is what can make him adjust. He has good instincts and is the 3rd pass DE, pass rusher after Bosa and the other guy picked high. I believe as far as pass rushing his skill set is better than Lawson's. He was graded as a 1st rd talent so he'd be a steal for fins if he's at the 2nd rd pick for miami. Miami does need a pass rusher. Wake is old and beat up, Vernon is gone and Williams is old too and one year contract. They need a young guy for the future.

Mackenzie Alexander is a very good player. Noah Spence or Alexander offer us a big haul with our first two picks.

Dodd or Whitehair would deepen our lines as well.

Sua Cravens is a potential instant impact guy too. We are sitting in a great spot but wouldnt mind moving up 3-4 pi ks and snagging another starter.

Ragland offers a lot of value and would be the safest pick which after taking Tunsil following it up with the solid student of the game and true leader.

Id really like to see Cook and Hackenberg guy early tomorrow.

Mackenzie Alexander is a very good player. Noah Spence or Alexander offer us a big haul with our first two picks.

Dodd or Whitehair would deepen our lines as well.

Sua Cravens is a potential instant impact guy too. We are sitting in a great spot but wouldnt mind moving up 3-4 pi ks and snagging another starter.

Ragland offers a lot of value and would be the safest pick which after taking Tunsil following it up with the solid student of the game and true leader.

Id really like to see Cook and Hackenberg guy early tomorrow.

I thought there was a report of ragland having an enlarged Aorta. So while he can play, he might be monitored or have to be and who knows how long he will play in nfl. I don't know if I want fins to take him yet with other guys available

some have been saying he's a snitch and dogging him. I'm pretty sure he's not the only star player that has, but atleast for Tunsil he did it to help pay for his mother's electricity bill. It sounds like he's a good guy, but his step dad is a d bag. And he had to admit it. People want him to be a liar when there's his instagram that has evidence of his convo and the fact it will be found out so soon enough the coaches and ole miss will be found to have done this regardless of what he says. His best bet was to come forward, admit it, be honest and move past it. If he denied it, or kepy denying it and then it's found out he did get paid, which would have happened or already as and they just wanted him to simply admit it..

If he denies it and kept doing so despite the facts and evidence, he would look like Barry Bonds, Rafeal Palmier and the other mlb guys who used steroids and kept lying only to find out and they just looked like lying asses. Tunsil didn't cheat tho so it's not in that sense, but he had to admit it. I mean the ncaa makes millions, but yet they'll be asses about a coach or coaches trying to help tunsil here, despite the fact players like tunsil net the ncaa millions of dollars in the first place.

Agreed. Tonight he embraced the damage and didn't make any exucses -- that's a mature move that not everyone can handle, especially on-the-spot when their reputation is taking a big hit on live television.

Alexander, Ragland, Dodd, Ogbah, Henry, Spence, Jack; 7 players that were not expected to be there at 42, we may get another steal. Only 10 pick before ours.

Alexander, Ragland, Dodd, Ogbah, Henry, Spence, Jack; 7 players that were not expected to be there at 42, we may get another steal. Only 10 pick before ours.

There were reports Miami tried to trade up into the back of round 1, but price was too steep. If Miami really wants someone, I am sure they will try to move up for him .

Tomorrow will be fun to watch.

I thought there was a report of ragland having an enlarged Aorta. So while he can play, he might be monitored or have to be and who knows how long he will play in nfl. I don't know if I want fins to take him yet with other guys available
Not supposed to affect him at all football wise, just has to monitor it every year. Shouldnt be a big risk, but yeah depends on the other players available.

* First time in franchise history there is absolutely no question about the draftee's technique. The Miami Bongfins.

*I revert to my original opinion: Shaq Lawson sounds like an idiot

* NFL Network was disgracefully but predictably protective in the post game show. ESPN showed Tunsil's sweaty press conference in full and emphasized the aspect of Tunsil accepting money from Mississippi coaches, and what a mess Mississippi is now in. NFL Network buried the story, ignored the presser, and tried to pretend that more Goff/Wentz discussion was vital.

* I have to say I didn't pay much attention to Tunsil last season, on or off the field, since there was seemingly no way the Dolphins were in play for him. When our turn came I was hoping we'd be aggressive and pick from among five guys -- Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Jack, Lee or Joseph. All have special athletic ability. We desperately need in infusion of that, and to stop trying to prop lesser players. The Nolan Nawrocki draft preview book contains many player comparisons but virtually no mention of other NFL players who are not a comparison to the prospect. However, both of our recent offensive line picks were mentioned, and not in positive terms. A scout called Ju'Waun James a second round talent who we reached for in the first round, and likewise Billy Turner was called a third round reach in the review of current North Dakota State offensive line prospect Joe Haeg.

* ESPN did a fantastic job with critical player clips and focus, something that NFL Network avoids and is all but absent in the months leading to the draft. Gruden and Riddick ran segments on Ramsey, Hargreaves, Stanley, Lawson, Buckner and others in which the weaknesses were called out and spotlighted. Very effective. There should be a ton of similar material, and not all the mocks and fluff. In particular I loved Gruden emphasizing that Buckner didn't get off the ball or do much of anything in the late going of the bowl collapse against TCU. Gruden said he questions Buckner's stamina and desire. I pinpointed that second half against TCU a month or two ago in the Draft Forum. Buckner seldom looked like he cared at all. He wouldn't even line up in a threatening stance. TCU was actually picking on him with straight ahead running plays with considerable success. Gruden does the excellent Quarterback Camp shows but he should be utilized in other pre draft programs since he obviously studies other top rated guys as well. He was the only one who was negative about Dion Jordan three years ago.

* ESPN was asleep at the switch regarding the plunge of the Alabama defensive thumper types, and the stay at home defensive tackles in general. I was skeptical they would be chosen so early, as I mentioned in the Draft Forum a few days ago, and they were not. The upfield defensive tackles went ahead of run stoppers like Reed. Mayock did a good job of pointing it out in the early minutes of the draft review show immediately after the first round concluded

* Our motion sickness logo looked so ridiculous in blown up fashion on the back wall. I've trained myself not to look at it but it was hard to avoid in that setting.

* It was blatant that the Steelers were desperate for a cornerback, since Mike Tomlin was attending every pro day from the top rated guys. Good luck with Artie Burns. It's hard to believe he went ahead of some of the players who are still on the board.

* Two mock drafts per year is one too many. I can't think of anything more senseless.

* Let's see, toward Friday I'd gamble on Myles Jack and I love Javon Hargrave, another disruptive defensive tackle. Even the other Alabama defensive tackle -- Robinson -- would give us another upgrade in frame and athleticism. He has more upside than Reed. Maybe Kenneth Dixon, if we want a running back, and Eric Murray for a nasty cornerback.

Yeah, Awsi, I also really enjoyed ESPN's coverage last night. They did a much better job-- like, orders of magnitude better than years past. NFL Network seems to have lost its mojo.

Back
Top Bottom