2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

I am think the only way they trade up is if Elliott drops to 8. I don't think he will and we may have a shot at Hargreaves with other players most media types did not expect to go in the top 12. Leonard Floyd, Jack Conklin, Treadwell or another WR, Rankins and possibly Lynch.

We could also trade up with SF to take Elliott and they get a QB at 13.

1 LA: Jared Goff
2 Phi: Carson Wentz
3 SD: DeForest Buckner
4 Dal: Ramsey
5 Jax: Joey Bosa
6 Bal: Laremy Tunsil
7 SF: Ezekiel Elliott
8 Cle: Laquon Treadwell
9 TB: Ronnie Stanley
10 NYG: Leonard Floyd
11 Chi: Sheldon Rankins
12 NO: Myles Jack
13 Mia: Vernon Hargreaves

forgot to put out the daily reminder to if stay at 13 take eli apple

:up:

Here's a random thought --next year's draft is potentially STACKED with RB's (Dalvin Cook, Fournette, Chubb, McCaffrey, etc) -- do you think T-Bum and Gase are factoring this in to their decision process for tonight? I hope they do and trade down--solidify that defense and let Ajayi earn his keep.

Dolphins waived WR Robert Herron, WR Tyler Davis, DB Damarr Aultman, and DT Robert Thomas.
They were all reserve/future players. A Bucs sixth-round pick in 2014, Herron has now been cut by two teams in as many years. The Dolphins tried moving SPARQ freak Aultman from wideout to defensive back, but he couldn't hack it.

This would be outstanding.

Trade *back* and pick up Apple/Jackson III/Alexander? I'm in.
I think Hayden meant that if we don't pick CB at #13 we pick Jack, Lawson or Ragland at #13 and later we try to trade back into the back end of the 1st round to select a CB.

I think Hayden meant that if we don't pick CB at #13 we pick Jack, Lawson or Ragland at #13 and later we try to trade back into the back end of the 1st round to select a CB.

I'd throw Leonard Floyd in there, if still on the board.. Be some good CB in the second, Howard, Alexander, Burns,Fuller

Wonder if the networks are going to be able to keep up this year. Last year the networks would be on one team and I'd get a tweet of who was just picked 4 teams ahead of the one the networks was covering.

Anything Can Happen!

3b76e34007d097f9ddd0cdf3c6fc576f.jpg

Just out of curiosity...those of you who aren't excited or just posted in this thread to mock the past few years...what's your motive here?

I know you have every right to, but I'm just curious what your line of thinking is. Desire to spread pessimism? Self-loathing? Masochism? Sheer boredom? What?

I can still be a fan of the team while acknowledging that the team is run by a bunch of incompetent nitwits, and also having a laugh at our own misfortune.

I'm also still pulling for Nkemdiche as the pick, but I could live with Jackson/Ragland/Conklin at 13 as well.

Unless Hargeaves Jack, or one of the other truly elite fall to us at 13, I would like to see us trade back, and select a corner. Outside of Ramsey and Hargreaves, i wouldn't pick any of the corners higher than 20. I'd even be willing to trade back to the beginning of round 2 if we could get good compensation, as I see little difference between the middle of round 1, and the beginning of round 2 in this draft.

Ideally I'd wait until round 2 or 3 for a RB, Elliott would have to be a clone of Peterson to be worth a high first rounder.

My prediction though is that Tannenbaum decides to trade back to 8, gives us a ton of picks to get there, and then drafts Elliott.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I dunno why, but I have funny feeling we're secretely gonna knock this outta the park.

Assuming Gases' influence is upon the draft decisions...

so according to some of the Miami people I trust a lot, choice 1 is Myles Jack, 2 is Elliot. If neither are available it's Eli Apple

Including this guy

Matty I ‏@TheMattyI 19h19 hours ago
Really Final Update: the Miami Dolphins 1st round pick will be Myles Jack, Ezekiel Elliott, Eli Apple or Reggie Ragland. In that order.

No problem there but if not Apple have to find another corner...

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 4m4 minutes ago
With Reshad Jones unhappy about his contract and holding out this spring, Su'a Cravens migh be more of an option.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 3m3 minutes ago
Barry Jackson Retweeted Armando Salguero
Dolphins have told people they see potential with him as a safety, though he also can play LB.

Back
Top Bottom