2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

Unless Hargeaves Jack, or one of the other truly elite fall to us at 13, I would like to see us trade back, and select a corner. Outside of Ramsey and Hargreaves, i wouldn't pick any of the corners higher than 20. I'd even be willing to trade back to the beginning of round 2 if we could get good compensation, as I see little difference between the middle of round 1, and the beginning of round 2 in this draft.

Ideally I'd wait until round 2 or 3 for a RB, Elliott would have to be a clone of Peterson to be worth a high first rounder.

My prediction though is that Tannenbaum decides to trade back to 8, gives us a ton of picks to get there, and then drafts Elliott.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I would agree on one point. That TBaum does trade up for Elliott and gives up our 3rd or 4th, hopefully for next year.

No problem there but if not Apple have to find another corner...

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 4m4 minutes ago
With Reshad Jones unhappy about his contract and holding out this spring, Su'a Cravens migh be more of an option.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 3m3 minutes ago
Barry Jackson Retweeted Armando Salguero
Dolphins have told people they see potential with him as a safety, though he also can play LB.

REALLY ?

Is Salquero really serious....

Thats just stupid. Jones is pretty much our best player and probably outside of WR the only position we are strong at. Thanks to Jones.......

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
Sources: #Bama LB Reggie Ragland was flagged for an enlarged aorta, which requires yearly monitoring. Some teams have pushed him down a bit.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
According to seven teams, #Bama LB Reggie Ragland's enlarged aorta is not expected to alter his football career. He just must watch it close.

REALLY ?

Is Salquero really serious....

Thats just stupid. Jones is pretty much our best player and probably outside of WR the only position we are strong at. Thanks to Jones.......

Well he added this...

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1h1 hour ago
Dolphins had GM Grier, HC Gase, DC Vance Joseph at USC Pro Day. Wanted to see Su'a Cravens. 1st rd trade back or 2nd rd option.

I still hate having the draft spread out over three days. It like your wife saying we'll have a little sex on Thursday, and a little more on Friday, but we can't finish until Saturday. Tonight is tease night.

How about having the entire draft in secret closed door session and then have a televised show where you announce the selections in countdown fashion from the final 7th round pick announced first and the number 1 overall pick announced last.

I DO NOT think the Fins trade up.

I think they stay and go CB.

IF they don't go CB, it would be for Jack, Lawson or Ragland. Don't sleep on the Fins trying to work into the back of RD 1 for a CB.

...or a LB or G.

My 3 are Jack, Apple & Stanley. Either a superior athlete or a player to fill one of two gaping holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really pulling for Dallas to pick Elliot. Not that I don't want to select him at 13 but he is one player I don't want to trade up for and I have a sneaky feeling we would go after him if he makes it to our original pick. I am quietly pulling for Jack to fall to our pick.

I am really pulling for Dallas to pick Elliot. Not that I don't want to select him at 13 but he is one player I don't want to trade up for and I have a sneaky feeling we would go after him if he makes it to our original pick. I am quietly pulling for Jack to fall to our pick.

Eze E behind Dallas's o-line could be scary. The draft is a crap shoot to begin with, but if Miami drafts Jack and he never heals some people here who are already campaigning against drafting injured players would explode.

Some of those who hated the Maxwell/KA/Bushrod signings are arguing in favor of Jack. Go figure.

Well we've all heard from baum that grier will be on the phones and handling the draft calling all the shots. if we stay at 13 and/or trade down chris grier is running the show. if we move up at any point intake tonight its tbaum calling the shots. yes i know we all have a strong conviction that grier just gets tbaums coffee in the morning, but apart of me truly believes grier is running the show seeing how he has, I dont know what it is 17-18 years in scouting? I dont know something about tonight makes me feel all queasy

Glad Draft Day is finally here, LETS ALL HOPE for us drafting an impact player in the 1st Rd, and lets get our Team back to its winning ways of the past, Go Miami.

So you're hoping we draft yet another injured player with our firat round pick?

Ozzy rules

Pick seems to be Eli Apple if we don't trade back up. I prefer Hargreaves though

Preference: 1)Trade Back 2)Jack 3)WJIII or Alexander

What I think will happen: 1) Trade up to 8 to Draft Elliot. I hope not. 2)Apple 3)WJIII

Back
Top Bottom