*** 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs *** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs ***

Hey I understand. When the Isles played the Penguins in 2013, if they exhaled in Cindy Crosby's direction, a penalty was called. Hockey fans in general should know that late in playoff games, the refs are going to let a lot of stuff go because they don't want to decide the game. This series was that type of situation. Panther fans want their special teams coach fired because of their abysmal PK and PP units. It showed in this series.

Panthers have a good team going forward. I know worry about them, next year though.

Series was a bad and rigged as the Kings lakers series a number of years ago. Officiating was completely one sided and if the panthers got the call the islanders did they prolly sweep them. Nhl did everything they could to make sure nyi won. Jägr gets cross checked in front of the islanders net and no call. It went on and on and on

Wait, I saw Trocheck cross check Frans Neilsen about 12 times and not one call, one of the cross checks put Neilsen in the boards face first. The truth is you can't win too many games only scoring one or two goals. C'mon, the Isles are playing a career backup in goal and you guys want to blame the refs? Checking last nights box score, I only see 3 PPs for the Isles. You make sound like the Isles had 11 PPs.

Also, how is it rigged for the Isles? You would think with no Canadian teams and ratings way down, the NHL would want to keep the Rangers in it longer. Who cares about the Isles?

Also, how is it rigged for the Isles? You would think with no Canadian teams and ratings way down, the NHL would want to keep the Rangers in it longer. Who cares about the Isles?

Doesn't matter who the Panthers (or Lightning for that fact) are playing. Still the old timer NHLer think that Florida teams do not belong in the NFL. The Panthers should have won the series. Up and down the line-up it is/was the better team. And you can trash Jagr as much as you want to he gave the Islanders fits. But despite the fact that the Panthers should have won on their own it was very clear to many people that critical penalties were not called on the Islanders. BTW I never heard that rule that tripping penalties are not called within 5 min of game's end or OT how come Jagr got a tripping call in the game on Friday in OT? Yet, trips against Panthers players were ignored?
Is that the new Brooklyn rule?

This series was painful to watch. Between the inability for the Panthers to close and the blatant incompetence of the refs its is almost a relief. Don't get me wrong I blame the Panthers first and foremost. They were the better team overall and the Isles had spurts of good moments. But the referees did not help the cause.

For the empty net incident(s): That play had not only one but two obvious trips within seconds. The Isles should have started the OT with a 3 on 5. The first trip should have been a delayed call and the second trip should have had a second penalty.
You should know all about 5 on 3s, after all you had two of them, unjustified, in that series. And both were game changing. You know, like game 3 I believe it was: Panthers up 2-0, disallowed goal for a 3-0. Still pushing for goal #3 when you get not one but two BS calls and make 2-1 and change momentum.

Fine, you got your series win. Be happy. The Lightning will end the series in 5.

Hey I understand. When the Isles played the Penguins in 2013, if they exhaled in Cindy Crosby's direction, a penalty was called. Hockey fans in general should know that late in playoff games, the refs are going to let a lot of stuff go because they don't want to decide the game. This series was that type of situation. Panther fans want their special teams coach fired because of their abysmal PK and PP units. It showed in this series.

Panthers have a good team going forward. I know worry about them, next year though.

giphy.gif

... Perhaps a bit of cheese to go with your whine? :chuckle:

Look I understand. Your sore because your team lost. If they were really that much better than the Isles, you should have won. Funny how none of you mention the penalty shot you got in OT. That is like hens' teeth in the NHL. It almost never happens, so yes the Jagr trip call was justified there. As for the trips to Trocheck, he should have scored on the empty net seconds before any trip but decided to dance with it and try for a pretty empty net goal. Hell I'm surprised you guys weren't trying to hit home runs and take a couple of icings to put it away. You got out coached by Fred Flinstone and you guys can't handle that.

This thread also shows me that you guys haven't much playoff hockey in the last 20 years. You and I both know the games are called very differently in the playoffs compared to the regular season.

For all the "we were better and deserved to win talk," you guys didn't score a whole lot. Maybe if your GM wasn't stupid and built 4 forward lines, there would be a game 7.

And one final note. Thomas Griess has played exactly 40 minutes of one playoff game in his entire career. Think about that before you b*tch about officiating. 103 points, pfffft.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

giphy.gif

... Perhaps a bit of cheese to go with your whine? :chuckle:

At least I will own up to my whining. Where are the "cats" fans who blame the refs instead of the team's inability to score on a career backup goalie.

And the whole, "the rest of the NHL world doesn't respect the FLA teams" is horse****. The teams have been to 3 cups in 20 years. That's not bad.

I'm just happy the Rangers and Flyers are out. Now I can sit back and just enjoy the playoffs (although I do hope the Isles and Pens lose- sorry Bump and Marx lol).

I'm just happy the Rangers and Flyers are out. Now I can sit back and just enjoy the playoffs (although I do hope the Isles and Pens lose- sorry Bump and Marx lol).

EWWWWWW. Danger! Danger! Devils Fan. I've lived in their backyard my entire life and could never get into them. Only guy I ever liked was Scott Stevens. Man I wish we had a couple defensemen like him.

You never had to worry about the Flyers going far. The fact that they made the playoffs was surprising because they're in a bit of a rebuild. Considering how the first 3 games went, I'm just happy the Flyers pushed it to 6 games.

Look I understand. Your sore because your team lost. If they were really that much better than the Isles, you should have won. Funny how none of you mention the penalty shot you got in OT. That is like hens' teeth in the NHL. It almost never happens, so yes the Jagr trip call was justified there. As for the trips to Trocheck, he should have scored on the empty net seconds before any trip but decided to dance with it and try for a pretty empty net goal. Hell I'm surprised you guys weren't trying to hit home runs and take a couple of icings to put it away. You got out coached by Fred Flinstone and you guys can't handle that.

This thread also shows me that you guys haven't much playoff hockey in the last 20 years. You and I both know the games are called very differently in the playoffs compared to the regular season.

For all the "we were better and deserved to win talk," you guys didn't score a whole lot. Maybe if your GM wasn't stupid and built 4 forward lines, there would be a game 7.

And one final note. Thomas Griess has played exactly 40 minutes of one playoff game in his entire career. Think about that before you b*tch about officiating. 103 points, pfffft.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

At least I will own up to my whining. Where are the "cats" fans who blame the refs instead of the team's inability to score on a career backup goalie.

You really can't read:
Here is what I wrote
Don't get me wrong I blame the Panthers first and foremost.

So in your opinion the NHL doesn't call trips (even obvious ones) within 5 minutes and OT (in the playoffs) yet when I contradict you and show evidence contrary to your opinion you come up with another lame excuse "it was justified". Now we separate between justified and unjustified tripping calls?
I don't know what is more justified than 2 trips within 10 seconds on a team moving the puck towards a goal which is devoid of a goal keeper. And let's not convolute the situation and make it clear that both trips happen in your defensive zone as well - not even on the other end of the ice.

Like I said: the series was lost because of the inability of the Panthers to take advantage and score and the refs which enabled the Isles to score or prevent possible scores against them - in that order.

EWWWWWW. Danger! Danger! Devils Fan. I've lived in their backyard my entire life and could never get into them. Only guy I ever liked was Scott Stevens. Man I wish we had a couple defensemen like him.

Born and raised in Jersey, so they've been my team since I knew what a hockey puck looked like. Scotty was a beast... I wish we could clone a prime Stevens, Niedermayer, and Brodeur lol. I was blessed to see them win three Cups from the time I was 15 until the time I was 24. They were always my salvation from the Fins lol. Hoping we'll be back in the playoffs next year.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

You never had to worry about the Flyers going far. The fact that they made the playoffs was surprising because they're in a bit of a rebuild. Considering how the first 3 games went, I'm just happy the Flyers pushed it to 6 games.

Oh I know, but I was getting legitimately worried the Caps were gonna choke. I didn't wanna see Philly come back from down 3-0 again, it was bad enough seeing that in 2010 lol.

You really can't read:
Here is what I wrote

So in your opinion the NHL doesn't call trips (even obvious ones) within 5 minutes and OT (in the playoffs) yet when I contradict you and show evidence contrary to your opinion you come up with another lame excuse "it was justified". Now we separate between justified and unjustified tripping calls?
I don't know what is more justified than 2 trips within 10 seconds on a team moving the puck towards a goal which is devoid of a goal keeper. And let's not convolute the situation and make it clear that both trips happen in your defensive zone as well - not even on the other end of the ice.

Like I said: the series was lost because of the inability of the Panthers to take advantage and score and the refs which enabled the Isles to score or prevent possible scores against them - in that order.

Here you go.

https://streamable.com/blnc

35 seconds before the Martin - Trocheck trip.

Explain that non-call to me. Point is it happens in the playoffs from time to time. There were a ton of non-calls in the Blues/Hawks game last night.

You are right to place blame on the Panthers for not finishing or taking advantage of their opportunities, but you make it sound like the blame is 50/50 Cats/Refs when it is more like 90/10 Cats/Refs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tavares takes more falls than an Argentinian soccer player.

Also, I notice that in your signature you strongly imply that posters on this board are dumb. Consider this: maybe it's not everyone else on this board that's dumb.

Back
Top Bottom