2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

I could easily see that as well...looks exactly like that type of player...

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Those two are the real deal and both should be taken top 20...

I mean, people will be pissed because we "just paid a bunch for Suh," apparently forgetting that we play a 4-3 with atrocious run defense.

Playing with the mock draft simulators I keep seeing...
CB Daryl Worley from West Virginia...
WR Charone Peake from Clemson....
...as late round draft picks. Anybody know if these guys are worth a look in the 6th or 7th round? I'm not a draft guru but the measurables look intriguing for the latter rounds.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

If Keith Marshall from Georgia falls to the 4th or 5th would you be interested in that speed at RB?

I mean, people will be pissed because we "just paid a bunch for Suh," apparently forgetting that we play a 4-3 with atrocious run defense.

I do tend to put too much faith in players on the roster, but I do hope Phillips can make a leap, but it would be nice to add someone else to the rotation.

A guy on the outside would be helpful as well as our two starters right now are old.

I keep hearing this kid takes plays off.....here is the view of a noted scout who scouted this player...........

“I charted out every play he made in six games – he was a wrecking ball,” Lande said. “His production in terms of disrupting plays, blowing things up behind the line of scrimmage, forcing bad passes was at the level of, or better than, (Ndamukong) Suh and McCoy when they came out.
“He is remarkable in terms of actual production when you chart what he does, not just taking into account his tackles and sacks. When you really watch what he does, he’s a really productive interior guy.”

http://gridironnow.com/scout-nkemdic...player-picked/

All too often people only look at sack numbers when discussing D-lineman...when its really more important the overall disruption they cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scooby Wright III. Artie Burns. Vonn Bell. 3 guys I would look at in the 2nd-3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said anything about sack numbers...that flawless character stuff you are floating doesn't seem to match and anytime a player comes out and says "yes I took plays off" while they will thank him for his honesty it creates a red flag

nkemdiche is too talented to get washed out as much as he does any way on tape

this is one of those late 1 early 2 projections that I bet sticks come draft weekend...

[TWEET]714796377792913409[/TWEET]

Some have Jackson worthy of consideration at No. 13. Hargreaves, Apple, Alexander all potential CB options at 13. twitter@flasportsbuzz

[TWEET]714796377792913409[/TWEET]

this team is so going corner at 13...this is the time of the process when teams show their intentions as we get closer they will invite/meet with other positions to draw people off the scent

great quick acceleration to close but most comfortable in off man and zone where the click and close shows itself

I never said anything about sack numbers...that flawless character stuff you are floating doesn't seem to match and anytime a player comes out and says "yes I took plays off" while they will thank him for his honesty it creates a red flag

nkemdiche is too talented to get washed out as much as he does any way on tape

this is one of those late 1 early 2 projections that I bet sticks come draft weekend...

Maybe...but regarding character do you have any other info aside from the well talked about december incident? I guess I realize that there are very few kids that don't have at least one or two nights where they get too drunk and maybe smoke some weed...most of them don't get caught and it end up as national news is the difference from where I'm coming from.

Here is the remarks of an interviewer at the combine.....

Nkemdiche, a potential first-rounder, seems to concern scouts more than Bosa, but less than Spence, due in part to his apparent honesty during the interview process.
“When you sit and talk to the kid, you say, ‘Okay, he does want to be really great,’ ” said one evaluator. “I believe him when he’s talking. I’m sure he’s been coached up—they’ve all been coached up—but I never felt like this kid was bulls---ing us.

I keep hearing this kid takes plays off.....here is the view of a noted scout who scouted this player...........

“I charted out every play he made in six games – he was a wrecking ball,” Lande said. “His production in terms of disrupting plays, blowing things up behind the line of scrimmage, forcing bad passes was at the level of, or better than, (Ndamukong) Suh and McCoy when they came out.
“He is remarkable in terms of actual production when you chart what he does, not just taking into account his tackles and sacks. When you really watch what he does, he’s a really productive interior guy.”

http://gridironnow.com/scout-nkemdic...player-picked//QUOTE]

All too often people only look at sack numbers when discussing D-lineman...when its really more important the overall disruption they cause.

I believe you are the first person to mention sack numbers, so quite the assumption there. Though, that does remind me of the exact same stuff I read about Vernon, but with worse run stopping ability and questions about his commitment.

But, since you mention it, yes, it would be nice if he could pull some of those plays, just as it would have been nice if Vernon could have. I know, I know, sacks are sooooo overrated (usually when you have guys who don't get them), but still would be nice, given that negative yards are typically better than incomplete passes. It would also be nice if he didn't disappear during games...again, like Vernon.

Would I take a shot at him at 13? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. At least he'd be cheaper than Vernon, and maybe we'd get lucky and he'd show up sometime before the last half of his contract season? Players with big question marks are exactly what you can expect at that spot.

Nkemdiche is the boom or bust player...that level of athlete has his ceiling in the all-pro range...elite, I honestly would be ok with taking him. Sometime you take a chance on that type a player especially one you can play on the outside on early down and move inside on passing downs. Also a d-line made up of Willams, Suh, Phillips and Nkemdiche sounds really ****ing appealing...and moving him inside with Wake on the outside on passing downs.

Can Von Bell play free safety or he is just a strong safety?

Played mostly single high at Ohio State. Excelled in coverage. Guy is going to be a big time player.

Back
Top Bottom