2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

I would be sick if they chose Apple in the first round... Would be very disappointing. Jackson III should be the pick if we're going corner in round 1 and we can trade down to get him.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Nkemdiche or Lee would be nice too!

FYI Apple is being mocked ahead of him almost everywhere at this point.

Lol we'll see my friend... I believe the FO will make this right!

if they do they will take apple...it couldn't be more gifted to them in terms of what joseph wants and gase wants for the scheme and what apple offers

I keep hearing grier and tannenbaum have been tasked with finding the players the coach wants to fit what we want to do...well it doesn't get more ideal/correct fit than eli apple for our scheme

I really really really hope we don't trade up. Would be so damn stupid too. Especially for a rb (unless we're getting AP type talent)

I know im gonna get flak for that and people saying Elliott is bonafide elite but whatever. Trading up for him is stupid

I tried an interesting "Worst Case Scenario" mock on fanspeak, simulating where there were no press corners available in rounds 1&2 and all the other players typically mocked to us (Lawson, Elliott, Stanley) were gone. I also assumed no "top" guards or tackles were available at 42. To top it off, I miscalculated and then missed out on Sean Davis in the third round, who I would have taken as a press corner.

Here's how it shook out for me. I'm not saying it's likely that VH3, Apple and Jackson will be gone as well as these guys, but there are some scenarios where we might have to make some tough choices and where picking a press CB gets pushed sown the draft simply by virtue of what's available and where.

1. Leonard Floyd LDE/SOLB
2. Kenny Clark NT
3. Leonte Carroo WR
4. Jordan Howard RB
5. James Bradberry CB
6. Justin Simmons FS
7. H. Vaitai OT
7. Drew Ott DE

I like all the picks individually, considering what I had available. But while it fills out some of our "minor" holes, CB is definitely still a huge risk and I'm relying on Bushrod, Urbik or Vaiati to plug a guard spot. But that's the point of it being a Worst Case Scenario draft - where the need players don't fall for you and you either grossly overdraft (which I didn't) or take other more talented players who can fill other needs.

What I took from this is that naturally our secondary is pretty hairy looking, but every one of those players looks to make our team better in other ways and as such the worst case scenario isn't as bad as I thought.

Our FO could potentially conjure a much worse case scenario than this, of course!

I keep hearing grier and tannenbaum have been tasked with finding the players the coach wants to fit what we want to do...well it doesn't get more ideal/correct fit than eli apple for our scheme

I just hope they see it too and they aren't stupid or try to get cute

If they wait to rd 2 I fear what might happen is what happened when we saw that run on LB last year. Im stil want the pick to be corner but im not convinced they will is all.

No way can I see them doing that. Unless the board has miraculously set up with several unexpected players dropping (extremely doubtful) and that would give us even more options at 13 and moving back only far enough to still tag the one we want....We are in a great spot to get a really really good player. If anything we might jump up a few if that unexpected guy was there....

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero · 4m4 minutes ago

Tony Lippett, who is getting a chance to win a starting job this year, says DC Vance Joseph has told him he loves big CBs.

If this doesn't scream Apple at 13 I don't know what else does?

maybe what happens when you put our current "no1 corner" against a no1 wr?

[video=youtube;R45m3Y0RzoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R45m3Y0RzoQ[/video]

yeah the physical big corners thing screams eli apple

like I said shocked barring a trade up if they don't take him at 13...they stay at 13 unless clown shoes decides to pluck ezekial Elliott if he gets there utterly shocked

You could put a video up of every corner in the NFL getting beaten for a TD - and most of them by less gifted receivers than Julio Jones.

You could put a video up of every corner in the NFL getting beaten for a TD - and most of them by less gifted receivers than Julio Jones.

most of them dont play like Maxwell did v the Falcons last year. he has been out there today calling himself a number 1 corner - scary idea

most of them dont play like Maxwell did v the Falcons last year. he has been out there today calling himself a number 1 corner - scary idea

Instead Eli Apple will shut down Julio :lol:

Or will just get a PI penalty

or get dragged down field 20 yards by Julio

But hey, least Eli is tall and somewhat fast

Instead Eli Apple will shut down Julio :lol:

Or will just get a PI penalty

or get dragged down field by Julio 20 yards

sure in week one of his rookie season maybe he will take a PI v Jones. I wonder what he will do for the next 14 years as a starting corner?

Back
Top Bottom