2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

someone also paid no attention to eli apples play either...sean smith has never pressed like eli apple in his life

Exactly. Thanks for the articles on Apple as well. Those were some impressive numbers he put up this year in terms of not allowing WR production. Those numbers pretty much confirm what you see on tape. I have no doubt he will be the best man/press CB in this years draft. Joseph has got to be salivating at how he can mold that clay.

Instead Eli Apple will shut down Julio :lol:

Or will just get a PI penalty

or get dragged down field 20 yards by Julio

But hey, least Eli is tall and somewhat fast

If this is all you see when you watch Apple play then we can pretty much end the discussion here. It's not worth any of our time.

If not William Jackson in the first round then give me Xavien Howard in the 2nd round over Eli Apple in the first.

Exactly. Thanks for the articles on Apple as well. Those were some impressive numbers he put up this year in terms of not allowing WR production. Those numbers pretty much confirm what you see on tape. I have no doubt he will be the best man/press CB in this years draft. Joseph has got to be salivating at how he can mold that clay.

I don't know if he will be the best but I know he's the most ready and he's got the most upside in terms of ceiling and I'm sure vance joseph would love to try and reach it

unless he just blew chunks at the team visit it's a no brainer

most of them dont play like Maxwell did v the Falcons last year. he has been out there today calling himself a number 1 corner - scary idea

Cornerbacks are like boxers, if your not arrogant, prideful, and highly confident, than your not built for this.

I Would never think of rostering a cornerback who wasn't overly confident. Your going to get beat no matter how good you are, you need guys who can take that hit, and maintain the confidence to continue playing at full speed without doubting themselves.

Cornerbacks are like boxers, if your not arrogant, prideful, and highly confident, than your not built for this.

I Would never think of rostering a cornerback who wasn't overly confident. Your going to get beat no matter how good you are, you need guys who can take that hit, and maintain the confidence to continue playing at full speed without doubting themselves.

Your post reminds me of Jamar Taylor. I don't think he has much confidence in himself at all.i get the feeling he doesn't love football all that much

Your post reminds me of Jamar Taylor. I don't think he has much confidence in himself at all.i get the feeling he doesn't love football all that much

At Boise he played very confident, which is why I liked him.

I don't know what happened to that guy, you could be right. One thing is for sure, this team needs to make sure to put an emphasis on drafting players who love football.

At Boise he played very confident, which is why I liked him.

I don't know what happened to that guy, you could be right. One thing is for sure, this team needs to make sure to put an emphasis on drafting players who love football.

Right? I thought we had a solid cb in the wings. I remember at one point he said he thought about quitting playing or something to that affect. But I mean i do get his point- he had a bumpy ride up to that point in his career

I don't know if he will be the best but I know he's the most ready and he's got the most upside in terms of ceiling and I'm sure vance joseph would love to try and reach it

After the substantial hours and hours of installing the playbook, among the many other mundane tasks required (S&C, etc) I find it hard to believe that Apple will receive all the attention he needs to become the player some are hopeful for him to be. He would have been much better off playing another (and only 3rd) season in college where he would have gotten much more individual attention. The difference at the collegiate level is coaches need to get players better in order to keep their jobs. They have to invest. NFL players lose their jobs when they don’t perform, NFL coaches on the other hand just tend to get recycled.

I am officially excited for tomorrow night, (well, Friday morning) can't wait!

apple-02.jpg

Even if we **** it up, its still something to be interested in, the NFl offseason drags on forever

I am excited, too. I can't seem to make up my mind on who I would like to see us take. I just finished listening to Prisco. He made a strong case on why we should pass on Zeke ( if he is there) and take WJ3.

The course we've taken so far this season has been full of twists and not the norm of moves we expected. Seems they have their own plans and Gase's fingerprints easily seen. Several FA little known to us but known to staff pickup. Would not be surprise to be surprised with what we pick or do in the first rd. Don't think it will be foolish just possibly the unexpected and truthfully I'm giving this new FO the benefit of a doubt until at least there is real signs of incompetence...But not going there now, need seen proof before criticizing. Because they actually could be building on a level that us average Joes don't understand or see their process, and then maybe they are just simpletons like the past 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom