2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We are now officially jut under a month from the 2016 draft

Daytona had a great idea yesterday

I think we need a draft prospect tracker thread :lol:

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin
I'm told #Georgia OLB Jordan Jenkins has (or has had) workouts and/or visits with the #Dolphins, #Patriots and #Saints.

So lets go for it. Rather than 6 rb threads per day for the next month, stick them all here. We can also have an official draft megathead on draft day.

Here is an interesting tidbit to start us off:

[TWEET]714611552138215424[/TWEET]

Last edited by a moderator:
I say Conklin at 13 and part ways with Albert in 2017.

Doesn't fit the ZBS and projects more to RT. We traded out of the best spot to replace Albert. If we're going to go with projects, might as well do it after the 1st.

Robert Nkemdiche is a freak athlete with perhaps the highest ceiling of any of the DL in the draft...the issue is he also has a chance to go the Dion Jordan route...

Robert Nkemdiche is a freak athlete with perhaps the highest ceiling of any of the DL in the draft...the issue is he also has a chance to go the Dion Jordan route...

I just cant get on board with him as the pick beacuse of that, maybe im in the minority at this point or just jaded from Jordan.

Its easy to say just go BPA but still strongly on board with best CB available. If we dont pick a starting CB in the fist 2 rounds I have no idea who is playing that second boundary spot.

I don't see a Dion Jordan....I don't see an injury coming in...don't see a repeated problem child....

I see a kid who had one wild party night(like that never happens?)....who was very disruptive playing DT...who some draftniks unrealistically expect 20 sacks a season from at DT(and ignore the disruption he causes)....who projects nicely to the DE in the base and kick him over next to Suh on passing downs.

I am very intrigued by the D-line Miami could put out there with this combo.

I know it's not an immediate need . . . but I am perfectly ok with continuing to stack this defensive line so I can completely forget about the garbage play of this run defense since the 2nd half of 2014.

Whether Nkemdiche is that guy or not . . . well that is up for Miami to decide.

I would prefer a CB but Miami genuinely needs to stick to its board and draft the BPA. Really isn't a position on the team that couldn't use more talent.

Reggie Ragland, then RB, then Corner, then OL

I don't see a Dion Jordan....I don't see an injury coming in...don't see a repeated problem child....

I see a kid who had one wild party night(like that never happens?)....who was very disruptive playing DT...who some draftniks expect 20 sacks a season ftom at DT....who projects nicely to the DE in the base and kick him over next to Suh on passing downs.

Honestly, since we moved to 13, he immediately became one of the top 5 options Miami could select IMO.

I just cant get on board with him as the pick beacuse of that, maybe im in the minority at this point or just jaded from Jordan.

Its easy to say just go BPA but still strongly on board with best CB available. If we dont pick a starting CB in the fist 2 rounds I have no idea who is playing that second boundary spot.

That is worrisome and honestly I'm not even sure if anyone outside of maybe Hargreaves can even come in year one and hold that position down...regardless of who you grab (Apple, Jackson, Alexander) you are going to experience some growing pains.

Darron Lee or Karl Joseph look like the top options likely to be there. Nkemdiche is probably off the board. Miami's projected press, cover-2 asks relatively little of its CB's, but it asks a lot of its LB's. Lee would give the D a LB that can cover a lot of ground, and Jenkins, while solid, doesn't give you that.

Joseph looks like a perfect compliment to Jones. He's a missile, and he's always around the ball.

Miami needs to strengthen the middle of the D at the 2nd and 3rd level, and either would do the trick.

I can't get excited about Apple or Jackson, and Mackensie doesn't look like a fit. While the draft is relatively poor, there a handful of CB's who fit what Miami projects to need at CB opposite Maxwell. I wouldn't force CB early.

I see a kid who had one wild party night(like that never happens?)....who was very disruptive playing DT...who some draftniks unrealistically expect 20 sacks a season from at DT(and ignore the disruption he causes)....who projects nicely to the DE in the base and kick him over next to Suh on passing downs.

Here is the issue, he has been known to not play up to his ability, there seems to be a lack of consistency in his play as well.

I'm not against him, but there is a reason why the guy who is potentially the best guy on the d-line could be the 6th or 7th one selected.

I know it's not an immediate need . . . but I am perfectly ok with continuing to stack this defensive line so I can completely forget about the garbage play of this run defense since the 2nd half of 2014.

Whether Nkemdiche is that guy or not . . . well that is up for Miami to decide.

I would prefer a CB but Miami genuinely needs to stick to its board and draft the BPA. Really isn't a position on the team that couldn't use more talent.

I say go corner in round 2...I don't see the value at corner at 13 in this draft...freaks like this kid aren't there very often...and if he doesn't let loose that one night....He wouldn't be there at 13.

Kinda of reminds me of when Sapp fell because of the pot test.

Back
Top Bottom