2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

Yea I definitely think you could see some Trae Waynes type growing pains from most of those realistic CB options.

Just think the upside is worth the growing pains, even though they'll be shattered to death on here through out the season . . . while people point out that Zeke Elliot is a 1000 yard rusher.

Ragland?

Would be one of the worst picks at 13. We are trying to get more athletic at LB.

Ragland played behind two of the best DT in college football and the overall best D-line, his job was about as easy as Melvin Gordons was a Wisconsin....

Thanks UK :up:

Here's a draft prospect tracker. I don't know how often it is updated or how accurate it is but here it is nonetheless.

Miami Dolphins- Visits

Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
Vadal Alexander, G/OT, LSU (COM)
Jack Allen, C, Michigan State (SR)
James Bradberry, CB, Samford (PRO)
Beniquez Brown, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (PRO)
Ryan Brown, DE, Mississippi State (PRI)
DeForest Buckner, DE/3-4DE, Oregon (COM)
Vernon Butler, DT/NT, Louisiana Tech (SR)
Taveze Calhoun, CB, Mississippi State (PRO)
Lloyd Carrington, CB, Arizona State (EW)
Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (COM)
Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State (WOR)
Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (COM)
Spencer Drango, G/OT, Baylor (COM)
Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford (COM)
Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford (PRO)
Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor (PRI)
Ted Karras, G, Illinois (EW)
Richard Leonard, CB, Florida International (WOR)
Keith Lumpkin, OT, Rutgers (PRO)
Greg Milhouse Jr., DT, Campbell (PRO)
Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (PRO)
Jake Rudock, QB, Michigan (WOR)
Anthony Sarao, ILB, USC (EW)
Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (EW)
Ryan Smith, CB, North Carolina Central (PRI)
Noah Spence, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Eastern Kentucky (PRO)
Chris Swain, FB, Navy (SR)
Laquon Treadwell^, WR, Ole Miss (STM, WOR)
Joe Walker, ILB, Oregon (PRO)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#5mSQI5RHHaqEZpGv.99

I say go corner in round 2...I don't see the value at corner at 13 in this draft...freaks like this kid aren't there very often...and if he doesn't let loose that one night....He wouldn't be there at 13.

Kinda of reminds me of when Sapp fell because of the pot test.

Difference was, Sapp was a warrior, a piece of **** as a person, but the guy went balls to the wall on every play. If the coaches believe they can get that effort out of Robert Nkemdiche (and maybe with a Suh like influence, you can) then you could have a steal at 13.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/61452/271/nfl-draft-needs-dolphins

Miami analysis and mock..

No. 1 Team Need: Cornerback

Silva's Analysis

Current Dolphins No. 1 corner Byron Maxwell is on his third team in three years and was one of the biggest busts of 2015 free agency in Philadelphia. Current No. 2 corner Jamar Taylor was benched for ineffectiveness late last season. The depth chart is rounded out by 2015 fifth-round pick Bobby McCain, former Michigan State wide receiver Tony Lippett, special teamer Chimdi Chekwa, and practice squad type Tyler Patmon. Under new DC Vance Joseph, the Dolphins plan to play more press coverage in the secondary.

No. 2 Team Need: Running Back

Not sleeping on Jamar Taylor but Dolphins need to approach the draft like he doesn't exist . . . just like Dion Jordan.

Let them be pleasant surprises if they turn the corner on the field.

as you can see from Daytona's draft prospect tracker, there are tons of good corners that can be had at later rds. It will be great if Miami can trade down couple of times and grab that OT/G Germain Ifedi Texas A&M OT 2016 6-6 324 5.25 . OL problems fixed! You can still get a corner and a lb in the 2nd rd. Superbowl!!!!

word on nkendiche is late 1 early 2 and I believe it and it has nothing to do with talent obviously

Thanks UK :up:

Here's a draft prospect tracker. I don't know how often it is updated or how accurate it is but here it is nonetheless.

Miami Dolphins- Visits

Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
Vadal Alexander, G/OT, LSU (COM)
Jack Allen, C, Michigan State (SR)
James Bradberry, CB, Samford (PRO)
Beniquez Brown, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (PRO)
Ryan Brown, DE, Mississippi State (PRI)
DeForest Buckner, DE/3-4DE, Oregon (COM)
Vernon Butler, DT/NT, Louisiana Tech (SR)
Taveze Calhoun, CB, Mississippi State (PRO)
Lloyd Carrington, CB, Arizona State (EW)
Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (COM)
Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State (WOR)
Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (COM)
Spencer Drango, G/OT, Baylor (COM)
Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford (COM)
Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford (PRO)
Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor (PRI)
Ted Karras, G, Illinois (EW)
Richard Leonard, CB, Florida International (WOR)
Keith Lumpkin, OT, Rutgers (PRO)
Greg Milhouse Jr., DT, Campbell (PRO)
Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (PRO)
Jake Rudock, QB, Michigan (WOR)
Anthony Sarao, ILB, USC (EW)
Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (EW)
Ryan Smith, CB, North Carolina Central (PRI)
Noah Spence, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Eastern Kentucky (PRO)
Chris Swain, FB, Navy (SR)
Laquon Treadwell^, WR, Ole Miss (STM, WOR)
Joe Walker, ILB, Oregon (PRO)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#5mSQI5RHHaqEZpGv.99

I'm always interested in seeing who we brought in the year before and who we actually drafted. Although that list does seem to show many of the prospects that do make sense.

Here is the issue, he has been known to not play up to his ability, there seems to be a lack of consistency in his play as well.

I'm not against him, but there is a reason why the guy who is potentially the best guy on the d-line could be the 6th or 7th one selected.

Honestly, he reminds me more of Vernon than Jordan, and not in a good way. Seems like exactly the kind of guy that won't show up until his contract year. Fails to finish plays, etc. This is what you get in this range of the draft. Question marks increase exponentially.

word on nkendiche is late 1 early 2 and I believe it and it has nothing to do with talent obviously

I believe we've witnessed several players rise way above their projections from a month before the draft...especially after they get comfortable with a freak like this guy and his character.

Ragland played behind two of the best DT in college football and the overall best D-line, his job was about as easy as Melvin Gordons was a Wisconsin....

I'd rather go that direction over Ragland.

since when does press/cover 2 not require much of the boundary corners? hell if that's the case just roll with jamar taylor out there

down and distance dictates what you can play...

Honestly, he reminds me more of Vernon than Jordan, and not in a good way. Seems like exactly the kind of guy that won't show up until his contract year. Fails to finish plays, etc. This is what you get in this range of the draft. Question marks increase exponentially.

I could easily see that as well...looks exactly like that type of player...

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

I'd rather go that direction over Ragland.

Those two are the real deal and both should be taken top 20...

I believe we've witnessed several players rise way above their projections from a month before the draft...especially after they get comfortable with a freak like this guy and his character.

I bet ya that doesn't happen here

Back
Top Bottom