2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

Mayock has the Fins taking Lawson. Only Hargreaves through the mid point in the draft going for CB's.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Have gone back and forth on Lawson. Love his power, attitude and how he played through a knee injury. I just wonder if he is too stiff and sudden enough to be a legit pass rusher. He would help the DE's get younger and help the run defense.

Mayock has the Fins taking Lawson. Only Hargreaves through the mid point in the draft going for CB's.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Have gone back and forth on Lawson. Love his power, attitude and how he played through a knee injury. I just wonder if he is too stiff and sudden enough to be a legit pass rusher. He would help the DE's get younger and help the run defense.

Justin Masqueda has very high praise for him, I trust his opinion when it comes to Dline.

I think we're going Lawson too. And a corner like Artie in 2nd

This team is gonna be left with its **** in its hand when it comes to the cb position unless they are on it

That runs coming well before pick 42

This team is gonna be left with its **** in its hand when it comes to the cb position unless they are on it

That runs coming well before pick 42

I think that is an interesting part to this draft. I still think Russell, Howard, Alexander and Burns could be around at 42. Question is how much of a drop are those CB's compared to VH, Apple or WJ3?

Again, I'd sit at 13 and take WJ3 or Apple and fill the need.

You trade back into RD1 or start of the draft on Friday for a CB?

Elliott or hargreaves at 13 then fuller or Cravens in the secind

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There is an inside linebacker from a D-1AA school with the following stats that will be available in the late rounds

40 yard dash- 4.54
Bench Press- 36
Broad Jump- 9'10''
Vertical Jump- 36''

The big knock on him is his size. He is 5'10'' and 251lbs and his name is Will Ratelle.

He also has the flexibility to play full back and special teams. I personally would love to see him as a 7th round pick. A team captain in college and is one of those guys who loves to work out and lift weights in his free time. Would be a great late round pick addition.

In order of preference, should any fall to 13:

Hargreaves -- fills need, polished player. This team needs guys on top of their game.
Bosa -- great insurance for a Wake-less future
Myles Jack -- need that dynamic athlete on D; the knee does scare me though
Elliot -- great RB depth with Ajayi, gives Gase' offense legitimate backfield threats.
WJ3 / Apple -- dunno much about either, but we need a CB bad.

I think Apple goes in RD1 tonight. I would be on the phone if he was there late in RD1 to move up if I had already taken a non CB.

I do think the CB's go later in this round and then a run starts.

Back
Top Bottom