2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

if apple is your guy, take him in rd1. his physical specs are going to have him gone as soon as a run on cbs start, especially with all the log jam opinions on some of the other first round rbs including hargreaves

I don't know why people assume apple is a lock to start year one anyway.

Rookie cornerbacks, especially 20 year olds, find the NFL to be a very harsh world. Yeah we need another press cornerback, but there is 0 guarantee he starts and is productive.

Drafting a cornerback, because you need/want one, is a complete reach IMO. 1st pick should be about finding game changers, I don't see anything to suggest Eli is anything close to that yet.

Have you guys seem what happens when you play a rookie cornerback? There the guy the offense targets. No matter how good or bsd they are, they are the target. I don't think Eli is ready for that personally.

I think Apple goes in RD1 tonight. I would be on the phone if he was there late in RD1 to move up if I had already taken a non CB.

I do think the CB's go later in this round and then a run starts.

I think that would be an ideal draft. If some how we have zeke fall to us at 13 then trade back into the 1st even if it means giving up our 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I get we need depth and other players but that would be a huge win for us i think. Maybe only thing that would be better is zeke at 13, apple late 1st giving up 2nd, 3rd and 5th then best guard available in the 4th.

Rookie cornerbacks, especially 20 year olds, find the NFL to be a very harsh world. Yeah we need another press cornerback, but there is 0 guarantee he starts and is productive.

Drafting a cornerback, because you need/want one, is a complete reach IMO. 1st pick should be about finding game changers, I don't see anything to suggest Eli is anything close to that yet.

Have you guys seem what happens when you play a rookie cornerback? There the guy the offense targets. No matter how good or bsd they are, they are the target. I don't think Eli is ready for that personally.

We don't need him to be good in year one. Take some lumps. It's about the development of him and his physical talent. Hoping Joseph can mold. I expect Maxwell will be the #1 guy by default so whoever we get will likely not have to deal with alpha threats

We don't need him to be good in year one. Take some lumps. It's about the development of him and his physical talent. Hoping Joseph can mold. I expect Maxwell will be the #1 guy by default so whoever we get will likely not have to deal with alpha threats

So were drafting in the 1st rnd to fill a position for a player who may not even start? Makes no sense, if we draft a cornerback that high were expecting them to Start.

If it's apple, he will be the most targeted player in the NFL most likely.

You better be sure he's worth that 13 pick if you make that move, because your passing more talented/polished players at other positions to do it.

So were drafting in the 1st rnd to fill a position for a player who may not even start? Makes no sense, if we draft a cornerback that high were expecting them to Start. If it's apple, he will be the most targeted player in the NFL most likely. You better be sure he's worth that 13 pick if you make that move, because your passing more talented/polished players at other positions to do it.
Can't keep up with all the poster here. I suspect you're also against selecting Jack in the 1st.

Is it weird that I'm probably 1/2 has excited for this draft in comparison to last years? Probably cause of the offseason dolphin media hupe

So were drafting in the 1st rnd to fill a position for a player who may not even start? Makes no sense, if we draft a cornerback that high were expecting them to Start.

If it's apple, he will be the most targeted player in the NFL most likely.

You better be sure he's worth that 13 pick if you make that move, because your passing more talented/polished players at other positions to do it.

A second boundary corner is still a starter, and I'd rather him go out there and learn than ride it out with the rest of what we have

^^^^^ 1,000,000 thumbs up for that^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have been saying the same thing but these other guys think that its a CB (Apple) in the first round or complete failure. which is absolutely absurd, take the best player/game changer who fits a need, we have so many needs. Reaching for a CB in round 1 just because its viewed as our "biggest" need, its absolutely dumb, that's not what the draft is for, take advantage of other guys who fall to #13, don't reach for a CB.

Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB 3m3 minutes ago
Schefter, McShay: Jack to go in 12-17 range http://tinyurl.com/h7hoppa

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

A second boundary corner is still a starter, and I'd rather him go out there and learn than ride it out with the rest of what we have

Whats the other option Taylor? He will be targeted also ..and if we have an injury to them (boundary) or the nickel spot .. we need 2 corners IMO or sign someone after draft and a draft pick.

I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Marcus Peters as a rookie.

Peters was he most targeted cornerback in the NFL, I think he also gave up the most TDs of any corner in the NFL. But he still won defensive rookie of the year because peters has elite instincts, elite ball skills. He will intercept it, knock it down. when QBs attacked him, he lost, but he didn't back down and made a lot of them pay.

Apple doesn't have any of that. He doesnt have ball skills to make QBs pay for attacking him, hes doesn't play confident imo, can you imagine what teams will do to him as a rookie?

I'm just not buying that's hes ready to start.

Back
Top Bottom