2017-18 NCAA Basketball | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017-18 NCAA Basketball

I like the way the Big East was written off for dead when ND, Lou, Cuse, Pitt, etc left. Now they have a National Championship and 2 #1 seeds.
Jay Wright is one of the best coaches in the country and his system is well entrenched. I'm hoping he's on the shortlist along with Chris Mack from Xavier for our head coaching search.

Yeah, I just spent my lunch watching the first half. Unfortunately I've got my weekly staff meeting at 1 so I won't be watching the second half. Boo.

UVA plays like that every year. They're last in the NCAAs in pace of play and last in free throws attempted. Watching them is less fun than getting your teeth drilled. But that's also why they never do anything in the Dance. They have little margin for error, not being versatile with their style of play. If they aren't clicking exactly right, they lose more often than not because they can't play from behind very easily. Our game last Thursday being an exception that proves the rule. They're built to play with a lead and then let the air out of the basketball even more. I'd say that the game right now is pretty much over. U of L has already lost this game, especially with the way UVA is shooting right now.

Nailed it.

Nailed it.
That team has zero versatility with their style of play. Bennett didn't trust his team to press and play at a faster tempo until it was too late and they responded by turning into an NBA team with all the 1 x 1s and bad shots. While Odom decided at halftime to just let it all hang out and sprint the game to the end; it worked. Just a fantastic gamble that paid off. I hope whomever is our next coach reviews this game tape thoroughly.

After the game Bennett was as gracious as ever in his comments. He's a class act, but his style of play doesn't work in the post season and makes me want to pry my eyes out with a fork during the season.

Excellent thread here. 4 out 1 in spacing with drive and kick 3 is the future.

Seminoles in the Sweet 16, baby! Knocked off the number 1 seed, Xavier.

29342321_2167473553279557_2140811755608080384_n.jpg

That team has zero versatility with their style of play. Bennett didn't trust his team to press and play at a faster tempo until it was too late and they responded by turning into an NBA team with all the 1 x 1s and bad shots. While Odom decided at halftime to just let it all hang out and sprint the game to the end; it worked. Just a fantastic gamble that paid off. I hope whomever is our next coach reviews this game tape thoroughly.

After the game Bennett was as gracious as ever in his comments. He's a class act, but his style of play doesn't work in the post season and makes me want to pry my eyes out with a fork during the season.

His teams at Wazzu were the same way. The Boa Constrictor style works and will win you games during the regular season, but someone always catches fire and kills it during the postseason. Syracuse did it to them, Michigan State a few years ago, and now UM-BC.

He doesn't adapt, and it really costs him. Adjustments are so critical.

Louisville got rid of David Padgett...looks like they're going to hire Chris Mack as their full-time coach.

Louisville got rid of David Padgett...looks like they're going to hire Chris Mack as their full-time coach.
Yep, it looks that way. Mack was the first choice for sure. I'm happy with that hire, good up and coming coach.

Yep, it looks that way. Mack was the first choice for sure. I'm happy with that hire, good up and coming coach.

Solid hire for them, absolutely. Definitely better than Padgett, who I thought did a decent job this year, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom