2018/2022 FIFA World Cup USA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018/2022 FIFA World Cup USA

HeartbreakKid28

Active Roster
Reaction score
USA is one of the frontrunners to host either the 2018 or 2022 World Cup. They recently chose the 18 venues/cities that will be hosting the games if they get it: Miami, New York City(NJ), Atlanta, Washington DC, Baltimore, Boston, Tampa, Seattle, Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Houston, Indianapolis, Nashville, San Diego, Philadelphia. [Surprised New Orleans/Superdome was not chosen. Baltimore and Tampa over NOLA???]
http://www.gousabid.com/ -Site is up.

The 1994 FIFA World Cup in USA still holds the attendance records and record for money made, and of course there was the majorly popular 1999 Women's World Cup. It certainly would make a ton of cash and makes sense.

I guess the only fear would be something like this: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gchUP9MacVD6VDuVEELI_zL4ubFwD9FOP7T83
I doubt it though, because the threat is there no matter which country is hosting it.

World Cup 1994 was very enjoyable and I would personally love to see the US get another World Cup.

You guys did a great job of hosting it back then and deserve another shot at it.

And the terrorist threat will not be an issue, as it will be a concern at any large scale event.

Would be exciting. I was a little too young to care about the 1994 world cup, but I watched the 1999 womens cup and that final in the Rose Bowl was the sports highlight of the year. The USA men's team has been improving, so maybe they could make a run by then.

US would be a very attractive option for FIFA to host the WC there mainly because it would generate massive income, which you will not get any where else. The infrastructure, stadiums, etc ae in place so it would warrent heavy consideration.

Only problem I think could be the fact you guys had it '94,which is'nt that long ago and FIFA may give it to other countries who may have never hosted it or haven't in a good number of years.

But as I said, I'd personally love to see it again in the US.

It would be nice to see World Cup matches in the U.S. again....I am all for it!

Bill Clinton is the honorary chair member. A bunch of other people are throwing support to help, like AHNULD and Mia Hamm which should help.

By the way the other countries in the running are... 2018: Australia, England, Russia, Belgium/Netherlands(together) and Spain/Portugal(together). 2022: Japan, Qatar, South Korea

Back
Top Bottom