2018 Bold Dolphin Predictions...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Bold Dolphin Predictions......

Bold?
  • Miami starts 4-1.
  • Despite the 4-1 start, ESPN ranks them 20th in power rankings, behind 2-3 Pittsburgh.
  • The player who takes a big step up on Defense...is Davon Godchaux.
  • The Fins go into Week 17 at 10-5, locked into the #5 WC spot. David Fales starts and throws for 4 TD in a win at 6-9 Buffalo. Tannehater Crew immediately goes berserk and wants them to start Fales in the wild card game.
  • Jesse Davis is nominated to the Pro Bowl
  • Dolphins Defense and Offense both finish in the top half of the league in production.

That’s pretty bold...I like it!

Bold Predictions
1-Carroo will not make the roster
2-Asiata will not make the roster
3-at least two UDFA's will make the roster
4-Quinn will lead the team in sacks
5-We will have at least 1000 threads about Tannehill this year

I think its gonna start at the top.

Gase has to prove he's a legit top shelf (we don't need a pretend hero) HC with the game-to-game strategy/tactics to

optimize our strengths while stifling (at least impeding) the oppositions strengths. Can he do it? I hope so.

If he can (???) we're good to go for many, many years.

N F L players today are like pieces in a puzzle. You already know the rest of the story.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

Boldly negative prediction would be:

Tannehill reinjures knee, or has nagging knee injuries throughout the season.
Osweiler or Fales has way too much time as the starting QB.
Tunsil is mediocre at LT.
Sitton shows his age and looks slow and ineffective.
James is slow and ineffective because he he’s prone to being slow and ineffective.
Gore gets way too much playing time because Drake gets overused and hurt early.
Amendola gets way too much action because Landry is gone and not easily replaced.
Gisecki gets hit in the mouth a few times when blocking which renders him too one dimensional.
Wake finally breaks down.
Quinn is a shell of himself.
Harris still looks weak.
The run defense collapses due to mediocre DT play.
McMillan is slow and innefective coming off his knee injury.
Kiko still can’t cover anyone and Baker isn’t ready to contribute.
The secondary continually gets reshuffled because the LB’s can’t cover anyone.
No kicker.
Penalties, poor preparation, scoreless first halves, and a slow start to the season put Gase firmly on the hot seat.

But anyhoo...

Boldly negative prediction would be:

Tannehill reinjures knee, or has nagging knee injuries throughout the season.
Osweiler or Fales has way too much time as the starting QB.
Tunsil is mediocre at LT.
Sitton shows his age and looks slow and ineffective.
James is slow and ineffective because he he’s prone to being slow and ineffective.
Gore gets way too much playing time because Drake gets overused and hurt early.
Amendola gets way too much action because Landry is gone and not easily replaced.
Gisecki gets hit in the mouth a few times when blocking which renders him too one dimensional.
Wake finally breaks down.
Quinn is a shell of himself.
Harris still looks weak.
The run defense collapses due to mediocre DT play.
McMillan is slow and innefective coming off his knee injury.
Kiko still can’t cover anyone and Baker isn’t ready to contribute.
The secondary continually gets reshuffled because the LB’s can’t cover anyone.
No kicker.
Penalties, poor preparation, scoreless first halves, and a slow start to the season put Gase firmly on the hot seat.

But anyhoo...

Wow...that’s depressing...I think I’d quit being a fan if Those were my thoughts.

Thoughts...

* Miami's offense takes off in year three of Adam Gase's system.
* Ryan Tannehill challenges Aaron Rogers for Comeback Player of the Year Honors, but Rogers gets the nod.
* Tannehill throws 34 touchdown passes
* Drake gets 1400 yards rushing
* Gesicki catches 6 touchdown passes
* Tunsil emerges as one of best young left tackles
* Parker is a contributor, but not a star
* Wilson leads the team in catches with 70
* Fitzpatrick has three interceptions and is named to all-rookie team.
* Dolphins go 4-2 in the division.
* The run defense is the Achilles heel of the team, but the Dolphins still post a winning record of 9-7

Good: Our Defense will be good.
Better: Our offense will be better than last year and be better than 3/4 of the teams we face this year.
Best: Tannehill; in too many categories to mention.

Results:
1) We go on to win 12 or more games.
2) We go to the playoffs and beyond.
3) If you don't like it, I DON'T CARE.

Ok...Time to find out what You all are thinking about our favorite team...here are my 5 bold predictions for 2018!

1) Laremy Tunsil makes the jump to elite Left tackle that we all envisioned when we drafted him, played well as a guard in year 1....had a bumpy start in year 2 at left tackle but progressed by years end.

2) Xavien Howard reaches elite...”shut down corner” status in 2018.

3) Kenyon Drake leads the AFC in combined rushing/receiving yards.

4) Minkah Fitzpatrick is NFL defensive rookie of the year.

5) Ryan Tannehill returns with a vengeance...QB rating over 100...spreading the ball all over the field including 3 backs who can catch...and a couple of nice looking rookie tight ends...Gesicki is going to help Ryan reach that top ten QB level...The Dolphins win the AFC east taking the fracturing Patriots down.

So...tell me your thoughts?

I could see 1 and 4 happening. Tunsil should be an elite left tackle and Minkah certainly has the tools to be DROY. I think Howard can be good, but elite is a bit much. Leveon Bell will have something to say about #3 and as long as Brady and Belichick are playing, they are winning the division. You did say BOLD, so I'll give that to you.

Ok...Time to find out what You all are thinking about our favorite team...here are my 5 bold predictions for 2018!

1) Laremy Tunsil makes the jump to elite Left tackle that we all envisioned when we drafted him, played well as a guard in year 1....had a bumpy start in year 2 at left tackle but progressed by years end.

2) Xavien Howard reaches elite...”shut down corner” status in 2018.

3) Kenyon Drake leads the AFC in combined rushing/receiving yards.

4) Minkah Fitzpatrick is NFL defensive rookie of the year.

5) Ryan Tannehill returns with a vengeance...QB rating over 100...spreading the ball all over the field including 3 backs who can catch...and a couple of nice looking rookie tight ends...Gesicki is going to help Ryan reach that top ten QB level...The Dolphins win the AFC east taking the fracturing Patriots down.

So...tell me your thoughts?

If all of this happens.................you're my boy Blue!

My BOLD predictions:

1. 10-5 record (Wild-Card Berth w/one playoff win)
2. Offense finishes top 15 (top 12 in passing).
3. After getting acclimated with all his new weapons during the first half of the season, Ryan Tannehill plays lights out during the second half of the season, performing as a top 10 QB. He finishes the season as a top 13 QB, giving fans something to be excited about moving forward. He gets SNUBBED as Comeback Player of the Year Ballot, finishing 2nd.
4. Offensive line will be one of the top 12 in the NFL.
5. Defense can finally shut down opposing TEs, finishing as a top 12 defense.
6. Ascending players Davon Godchaux and Vincent Taylor continue to improve, making the loss of Suh more tolerable. Suh will still be missed, but the Godchaux, Taylor, and Akeem Spence rotation will be better than anticipated.
7. Charles Harris takes his play to the next level, finishing the season with 8 sacks in rotation, putting Andre Branch's future with in the team in question for the 2019 season.
8. Xavien Howard, Cordrea Tankersley, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Tony Lippett, and Bobby McCain will be recognized as one of the best young secondaries in the NFL.
9. Minkah Fitzpatrick wins AFC Rookie Defensive Player of the year (5 Picks)
10. Miami finds a diamond in the rough in Torry McTyer and Cornell Armstrong, making an already deep secondary, deeper.
11. Dolphins defense sack total will improve from 30 to 42 this year. Improved speed all around will create more opportunities. They will get to the QB from a lot of angles this year.

Last edited:
Good: Our Defense will be good.
Better: Our offense will be better than last year and be better than 3/4 of the teams we face this year.
Best: Tannehill; in too many categories to mention.

Results:
1) We go on to win 12 or more games.
2) We go to the playoffs and beyond.
3) If you don't like it, I DON'T CARE.

A variation on a Jason Kelce song comes to mind.

We will lose two games that we all felt we should have won
We'll win one or two games that we thought we had no chance of winning

We'll have 200 threads telling us how we "should" have drafted that player instead of this player.

5 biggest difference makers: Ryan Tannehill- our starting franchise QB is back, healthy and poised to have a sensational year. 2) Kenyon Drake-I believe that Kenyon and Ryan will be in the Pro Bowl 3) Mike Gisecki-this kid just explodes off the screen when I watch his tape. The Dolphins have the next Gronk, Jimmy G style TE 4) Minkah Fitzpatrick- plugs right in at FS and wherever else you want to deploy him, this kid is scary good! 5) Charles Harris-pretty quiet rookie season but he got very close lots of times and he was coming on at the end of the year. I expect double digit sacks out of Harris

Others that will play big roles-J. Sitton, L. Tunsil, S. Stills, J. Baker, R. McMillan, X, Tank, Phillips, Parker, Godchaux, R. Jones. I'm loving our roster but I hope we have some more help on the way a DT. I forgot Davis, Gore, Ballage, McCain etc.

Back
Top Bottom