2018 Bold Dolphin Predictions...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Bold Dolphin Predictions......

Bold prediction: Tannehill has an excellent year and next off-season, Tannehill threads on FH shift to arguments about whether he is just a "system QB".

If Tannehill plays like we all hope and anticipate based on 2016 I say 10-6 and playoffs. If the 2nd half of 2016 was an aberration and he plays like he always does ie weak start good middle weak ending than 8-8.

We will lose two games that we all felt we should have won
We'll win one or two games that we thought we had no chance of winning

We'll have 200 threads telling us how we "should" have drafted that player instead of this player.

Bold predictions Danny....not every season realities...lol

Ok...Time to find out what You all are thinking about our favorite team...here are my 5 bold predictions for 2018![/QUOTE said:
Not necessarily "BOLD," but,
NFL average in points allowed, points scored, and takeaways.
3 Dolphins make Pro Bowl
End of season pundits are predicting Miami as a 2019 playoff team.

By mid season every team in the NFL will fear Tannehill and this offense. Teams will be looking for the next Tannehill in next years draft!

Bold predictions ... right, I'm going to have to mix some of the bad in with the good I'm afraid.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be doing things that I genuinely think will happen .. or that might? I think some of these have a chance to happen ... please God it's only the good ones and my last bullet point is being laughed at here come the end of the year.
  • RT starts slowly, and the mutinous in here start to get louder. But he has a coming out party around week 4 or 5, and gets motoring for the rest of the year. Has himself firmly in the comeback player of the year stakes, but just misses out.
  • One of Kilgore or Sitton stinks. However Larsen comes in and plays well.
  • James continues to be seriously inconsistent.
  • Drake gets injured early, however Ballage shows up a few weeks later as a gem and every down back.
  • Howard goes to the pro bowl, gets close to being a shutdown corner.
  • Parker loses his starting spot.
  • One of Fitzpatrick / Gesicki underwhelms, with my nod going to Gesicki.
  • Lippett nails down the other boundary spot.
  • Jordan Phillips light comes on and he plays well more snaps than he doesn't.
  • Despite better players, and some playing at close to elite level on D, Burke doesn't call good coverages and D continues to give up late game winning drives.
  • Despite lots of bright spots .. Miami still only go 7-9 or 8-8, failing in the last few weeks of the season with a WC spot on the line, as injuries take their toll.

Bold predictions ... right, I'm going to have to mix some of the bad in with the good I'm afraid.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be doing things that I genuinely think will happen .. or that might? I think some of these have a chance to happen ... please God it's only the good ones and my last bullet point is being laughed at here come the end of the year.
  • Despite lots of bright spots .. Miami still only go 7-9 or 8-8, failing in the last few weeks of the season with a WC spot on the line, as injuries take their toll.

OTOH, other teams will have injuries "take their toll." I hope this is the year Miami doesn't have 'more than normal' amount of injuries.

OTOH, other teams will have injuries "take their toll." I hope this is the year Miami doesn't have 'more than normal' amount of injuries.
I agree. I just think we're a little bit behind the curve with regard to overall depth. We're not the type of contender who can deal with a number of injuries yet.

On a bright note, I'm a terrible gambler ... so my 7-9 / 8-8 predictions probably mean we're going 15-1 !!

I agree. I just think we're a little bit behind the curve with regard to overall depth. We're not the type of contender who can deal with a number of injuries yet.

On a bright note, I'm a terrible gambler ... so my 7-9 / 8-8 predictions probably mean we're going 15-1 !!

Agree, but there are two standards here.
Does Miami have the depth fans would like? Nope.
Is Miami's depth as good as 20 other teams? Yup

The Dolphins secondary unit becomes a feared and respected unit by the end of 2018, addressing the problems over the middle of years past and with plenty of talent on the outside.

Boldly negative prediction would be:

Tannehill reinjures knee, or has nagging knee injuries throughout the season.
Osweiler or Fales has way too much time as the starting QB.
Tunsil is mediocre at LT.
Sitton shows his age and looks slow and ineffective.
James is slow and ineffective because he he’s prone to being slow and ineffective.
Gore gets way too much playing time because Drake gets overused and hurt early.
Amendola gets way too much action because Landry is gone and not easily replaced.
Gisecki gets hit in the mouth a few times when blocking which renders him too one dimensional.
Wake finally breaks down.
Quinn is a shell of himself.
Harris still looks weak.
The run defense collapses due to mediocre DT play.
McMillan is slow and innefective coming off his knee injury.
Kiko still can’t cover anyone and Baker isn’t ready to contribute.
The secondary continually gets reshuffled because the LB’s can’t cover anyone.
No kicker.
Penalties, poor preparation, scoreless first halves, and a slow start to the season put Gase firmly on the hot seat.

But anyhoo...

OK, Omar!!!! LOL

BOLD PREDICTION

- 11-5
- Win the division
- Get the #2 seed and first round bye
- Top 10 in BOTH offense and defense
- Tanny Quiets everyone
- All this again without Parker (except a couple games here/there),,, oh wait, thats the usual, nothing bold there
- LBers make a difference
- Top 5 secondary
- Lead the league in kickoff return special teams
- McCain in the pro bowl
- Fitz, defensive rookie of the year
- Gesicki is SICK
- Amendola catches game winner vs the Pats @ Foxborough
- Quinn leads the AFC in sacks
- Miami sweeps the AFC East

Back
Top Bottom