2018 Bold Dolphin Predictions...... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Bold Dolphin Predictions......

Bold predictions ... right, I'm going to have to mix some of the bad in with the good I'm afraid.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be doing things that I genuinely think will happen .. or that might? I think some of these have a chance to happen ... please God it's only the good ones and my last bullet point is being laughed at here come the end of the year.
  • RT starts slowly, and the mutinous in here start to get louder. But he has a coming out party around week 4 or 5, and gets motoring for the rest of the year. Has himself firmly in the comeback player of the year stakes, but just misses out.
  • One of Kilgore or Sitton stinks. However Larsen comes in and plays well.
  • James continues to be seriously inconsistent.
  • Drake gets injured early, however Ballage shows up a few weeks later as a gem and every down back.
  • Howard goes to the pro bowl, gets close to being a shutdown corner.
  • Parker loses his starting spot.
  • One of Fitzpatrick / Gesicki underwhelms, with my nod going to Gesicki.
  • Lippett nails down the other boundary spot.
  • Jordan Phillips light comes on and he plays well more snaps than he doesn't.
  • Despite better players, and some playing at close to elite level on D, Burke doesn't call good coverages and D continues to give up late game winning drives.
  • Despite lots of bright spots .. Miami still only go 7-9 or 8-8, failing in the last few weeks of the season with a WC spot on the line, as injuries take their toll.
Allow me correct your post with a few optimistic optimizations:

* RT starts playing great immediately, and the mutinous in here start to get louder. He has a coming out party around week 4 or 5, and goes into overdrive for the rest of the year. Has himself firmly in the comeback player of the year and the MVP and Pro Bowl stakes.
* One of Kilgore or Sitton becomes a team favorite. Larsen comes in and plays well also.
* James becomes a serious Pro Bowl contender.
* Drake gets Pro Bowl recognition, Ballage shows up a few weeks later becoming a gem and every down back.
* Parker gets traded for a 5th and a 7th round 2019 draft pick.
* Either Fitzpatrick or Gesicki goes to the Pro Bowl, with my nod going to Gesicki.
* Lippett nails down the other boundary spot. - No optimistic optimization required!
* Jordan Phillips light comes on and he plays more snaps. - Addition by subtraction
* Because of better players through the past three drafts and some good free agency selections, we are playing at close to elite level on D, Burke calls consistently good coverage's and D continues to win late game winning drives.
* Because of all these bright spots .. Miami goes 10-6 or 13-3, depending on our injuries in the last few weeks of the season with a locked in playoff spot and an honest to God shot at a Super Bowl berth.

That's better!
See how easy it is when you don't get sidetracked by negative attitudes that are no longer pertinent?
Our future is bright (ask our coaches & players) and the past is gone. Enjoy living in the moment!

I'll start off with the as usual outlook. 1) Jordan Philips plays like Jordan Philips. 2) Jawann James yet again gets injured. Now for all the positive vibes!!! 1) Miami's secondary becomes a huge strength. 2) The Offensive Line plays well even with the hyperthetical loss of James. Eric Smith plays well in extended duties after the James loss. 3) Tannehill plays very well and takes huge strides because of better O-line play in front of him. 4) The spread the wealth mentality on offense confuses most defenses, propelling the offense into top 10 territory. 5) McMillan becomes the teams instrumental leader and plays very well. 6) Mike Tannenbaum is let go after the season, once Ross has finally come to realize Grier is a good talent evaluator and GM. 7) Miami goes into the off season looking at improving the talent on the Defensive Line due to the immense amount of talent in the 2019 draft at DT and DE. 8) Cameron Malvaux makes huge strides at LDE.

Last edited:
Allow me correct your post with a few optimistic optimizations:

* RT starts playing great immediately, and the mutinous in here start to get louder. He has a coming out party around week 4 or 5, and goes into overdrive for the rest of the year. Has himself firmly in the comeback player of the year and the MVP and Pro Bowl stakes.
* One of Kilgore or Sitton becomes a team favorite. Larsen comes in and plays well also.
* James becomes a serious Pro Bowl contender.
* Drake gets Pro Bowl recognition, Ballage shows up a few weeks later becoming a gem and every down back.
* Parker gets traded for a 5th and a 7th round 2019 draft pick.
* Either Fitzpatrick or Gesicki goes to the Pro Bowl, with my nod going to Gesicki.
* Lippett nails down the other boundary spot. - No optimistic optimization required!
* Jordan Phillips light comes on and he plays more snaps. - Addition by subtraction
* Because of better players through the past three drafts and some good free agency selections, we are playing at close to elite level on D, Burke calls consistently good coverage's and D continues to win late game winning drives.
* Because of all these bright spots .. Miami goes 10-6 or 13-3, depending on our injuries in the last few weeks of the season with a locked in playoff spot and an honest to God shot at a Super Bowl berth.

That's better!
See how easy it is when you don't get sidetracked by negative attitudes that are no longer pertinent?
Our future is bright (ask our coaches & players) and the past is gone. Enjoy living in the moment!
I don't actually think my initial post was all that negative to be honest. There was plenty of positives in there. In fact, I'd say it was more of a realist's post than a positive or negative. Fact of the matter is that not every front office move works out. That's all I'm illustrating and suggesting will happen.

I don't actually think my initial post was all that negative to be honest. There was plenty of positives in there. In fact, I'd say it was more of a realist's post than a positive or negative. Fact of the matter is that not every front office move works out. That's all I'm illustrating and suggesting will happen.

I hoped this would be seen as my very optimistic look at our team. I had fun showing that just by changing a few terms in a few places of your prediction, it would show an entirely new perspective. I even coined a new term for doing this; "Optimistic Optimizations".

I do not entirely disagree with you, but I have not jumped up on the "Tannenbaum is an idiot" train either.

This is what I have seen from the front office in the last three years:

* A group of three men (Gase, Grier & Tannenbaum) who seem to be working well with each other.
- I remember reading that when Gase was hired, Ross said he felt he had a coach that would be able to co-ordinate well with the existing front office personnel. This seems to me to indicate that Ross was aware of many of the teams problems, including the functional interactions required of a front office and a head coach. From what I have read on this forum, that had not been happening for a long time. This was not a "football knowledge kind of thing"; this was an "executive management kind of thing". It appears to me Mr. Ross knew what he could expect from Adam Gase and the Front Office. Mr. Ross fixed a lot of stuff beyond just coaching when he hired Adam Gase!

* Better than average drafts for the last three years.

* Noticeable effort by the front office to find and identify Free Agents for the Dolphins.

If the front office wasn't working like this before Adam Gase was hired, then the problems had to be with the functioning or personnel of the group that preceded Gase.
If some of those people are still in the front office and it now performs well, then I think it is fair to say the problems left when those members of the front office who are not with us any more left.

Just one other thing that I find disappointing in many of the posts I read. I see posts that in general talk about improvements that have been made to the team and then in the very last phrase say something like "but it won't get better until "fill in your favorite rant here", eviscerating all the great stuff that preceded it. This drives me nuts!

I feel that we will either be one game below or one game above .500 at years end. Playoffs? No, not this year.

A lot of factors at play here...let's all hope for the best this 2018-19 season.

Go Dolphins!!

I'll start off with the as usual outlook. 1) Jordan Philips plays like Jordan Philips. 2) Jawann James yet again gets injured. Now for all the positive vibes!!! 1) Miami's secondary becomes a huge strength. 2) The Offensive Line plays well even with the hyperthetical loss of James. Eric Smith plays well in extended duties after the James loss. 3) Tannehill plays very well and takes huge strides because of better O-line play in front of him. 4) The spread the wealth mentality on offense confuses most defenses, propelling the offense into top 10 territory. 5) McMillan becomes the teams instrumental leader and plays very well. 6) Mike Tannenbaum is let go after the season, once Ross has finally come to realize Grier is a good talent evaluator and GM. 7) Miami goes into the off season looking at improving the talent on the Defensive Line due to the immense amount of talent in the 2019 draft at DT and DE. 8) Cameron Malvaux makes huge strides at LDE.

See...I’m actually quite confident Phillips will be motivated and actually use his talent in a contract year.

The problem...is how do you trust him to stay motivated after this season?

I think he tears it up this year...and gets his contract elsewhere.

dolphins will be fighting for last wildcard spot at end of yr... they will win 7 to 9 game this yr
1.N.E. 2.Pitt 3.SD 4. Hou 5. Jax 6. unk.. all these team will fight for last spot kc, dol, cinn,buf, oak tenn

dolphins will be fighting for last wildcard spot at end of yr... they will win 7 to 9 game this yr
1.N.E. 2.Pitt 3.SD 4. Hou 5. Jax 6. unk.. all these team will fight for last spot kc, dol, cinn,buf, oak tenn

Am I wrong, or are you getting just a little more optimistic?

I hoped this would be seen as my very optimistic look at our team. I had fun showing that just by changing a few terms in a few places of your prediction, it would show an entirely new perspective. I even coined a new term for doing this; "Optimistic Optimizations".

I do not entirely disagree with you, but I have not jumped up on the "Tannenbaum is an idiot" train either.

This is what I have seen from the front office in the last three years:

* A group of three men (Gase, Grier & Tannenbaum) who seem to be working well with each other.
- I remember reading that when Gase was hired, Ross said he felt he had a coach that would be able to co-ordinate well with the existing front office personnel. This seems to me to indicate that Ross was aware of many of the teams problems, including the functional interactions required of a front office and a head coach. From what I have read on this forum, that had not been happening for a long time. This was not a "football knowledge kind of thing"; this was an "executive management kind of thing". It appears to me Mr. Ross knew what he could expect from Adam Gase and the Front Office. Mr. Ross fixed a lot of stuff beyond just coaching when he hired Adam Gase!

* Better than average drafts for the last three years.

* Noticeable effort by the front office to find and identify Free Agents for the Dolphins.

If the front office wasn't working like this before Adam Gase was hired, then the problems had to be with the functioning or personnel of the group that preceded Gase.
If some of those people are still in the front office and it now performs well, then I think it is fair to say the problems left when those members of the front office who are not with us any more left.

Just one other thing that I find disappointing in many of the posts I read. I see posts that in general talk about improvements that have been made to the team and then in the very last phrase say something like "but it won't get better until "fill in your favorite rant here", eviscerating all the great stuff that preceded it. This drives me nuts!

Out of interest, why does this drive you nuts? What's wrong with people having their own opinions on things that are wrong, and pointing out that things may not improve until something is fixed? They may be right, you know :)

Out of interest, why does this drive you nuts? What's wrong with people having their own opinions on things that are wrong, and pointing out that things may not improve until something is fixed? They may be right, you know :)

It's interesting to see you couch this as ".... having their own opinions on things that are wrong ....".

What drives me nuts is not the correctness or wrongness of their complaint. I may not think much of some opinions or even totally disagree. That is not what I was addressing.

I am addressing the irrationality of the type of conflicting opinions used in the same paragraph, and sometimes the same sentence, which can be summarized as the poster "having their cake and eating it too". It is not any one specific opinion that is objectionable to me, but the irrationality of two contradictory opinions used simultaneously that drives me nuts.

If I was interested in that kind on nonsense, I could watch ESPN.

It's interesting to see you couch this as ".... having their own opinions on things that are wrong ....".

What drives me nuts is not the correctness or wrongness of their complaint. I may not think much of some opinions or even totally disagree. That is not what I was addressing.

I am addressing the irrationality of the type of conflicting opinions used in the same paragraph, and sometimes the same sentence, which can be summarized as the poster "having their cake and eating it too". It is not any one specific opinion that is objectionable to me, but the irrationality of two contradictory opinions used simultaneously that drives me nuts.

If I was interested in that kind on nonsense, I could watch ESPN.
Ha ... the "own opinions that are wrong" was actually some form of typo. I've no idea what I was thinking, or trying to say there to be honest.

See, the thing is ... I think most Dolphin fans are quite weather beaten at this stage. So, there's some optimism there, but then, you remember what it's been like for the past number of years and you mention the sky falling etc.

Back
Top Bottom