2018 Captains | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Captains

It's possible he turned it down and told Gase to give it to another vet in the secondary (McCain).
Yep, this is exactly how I assume it happened. Gase may have chosen the leaders but I'd bet he spoke to key veterans about his choices.

For OL it was probably going to be Sitton until he got injured.

in the mean time

DeVante Parker (finger) 'itching to play'
10415.jpg

Dolphins coach Adam Gase said DeVante Parker (finger) is "itching to play."

Beat writer Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald adds that it "really sounds like" Parker will suit up for Sunday's Week 2 matchup against the Jets. Parker sat out last week's opener with a broken finger he suffered during training camp but has been practicing on a limited basis since Friday. His return would be a slight downgrade for Kenny Stills, who broke out for 106 yards and two touchdowns in last week's win over Tennessee.
So he’ll miss the game due to a severe itchiness case.

Dude, he had a broken finger.

What did you want him to do, go out and play WR with a club on his hand?
He’s just never available on a consistent basis. And then when he plays, he shows up once in awhile. I’m about 99.3% over this guy.

Right, I get that he's been dinged up a lot, but in this specific case: His finger was literally broken.

The timetable for coming back from a broken finger is typically a month to a month and a half. It looks like he's back in a month. I honestly do not think that he milked the injury or did anything bad here.

The only thing I'd really add is that some people really are just a little more injury prone than others for whatever reason. Early in his career, Aaron Rodgers was dinged up a lot, and a guy I used to talk to on another board called him a 'candybone.' I don't even think it was meant as an insult or a slight against him, just an observation that some guys tend to break and tear more easily than others.

It sucks, but DeVante Parker is definitely one of those guys.

Right, I get that he's been dinged up a lot, but in this specific case: His finger was literally broken.

The timetable for coming back from a broken finger is typically a month to a month and a half. It looks like he's back in a month. I honestly do not think that he milked the injury or did anything bad here.

The only thing I'd really add is that some people really are just a little more injury prone than others for whatever reason. Early in his career, Aaron Rodgers was dinged up a lot, and a guy I used to talk to on another board called him a 'candybone.' I don't even think it was meant as an insult or a slight against him, just an observation that some guys tend to break and tear more easily than others.

It sucks, but DeVante Parker is definitely one of those guys.
”Candybone”? That’s a new one :). Our big fella needs to get on the field and make some plays for us. Then I’ll get off of his back. Just frustrated.

Gase said last week that the only reason he didn't choose Minkah as a captain is because he's a rookie.

High praise.

Gase said last week that the only reason he didn't choose Minkah as a captain is because he's a rookie.

High praise.

I was just going to post this. I heard them say this during the game last week and I completely disagree with it. So what, he's a rookie, if he deserves it, give it to him. Kilgore is not a rookie, but new to the team, that's not much different in my opinion. Come in, make an impression, get what you deserve. Many might disagree, but I'm a coach and if you choose to have captains, they should be the team leaders, regardless of age and status.

Minkah will be captain next year for sure. Kid's impressive.

Kilgore must have made quite an impression in his short time here so far!
I think if you look at the personalities along the OL, they are almost all introverts. Pouncey was a previous captain, and with him gone, Tunsil clearly is not ready, Sitton is an introvert, Davis and Larsen are introverts, James isn't a particularly outspoken leader type. It was going to be Sitton or Kilgore, and I'm not surprised he went with Kilgore.

Bobby McCain is by far the strongest personality and he does what the coaches want, study wise, scheme wise, performance wise, and he has an indomitable spirit. I think he was chosen over Reshad Jones, because we will probably transition next year or two over to Minkah Fitzpatrick being the captain, so they didn't want to give it to Reshad one year and take it away the next … just my guess though.

Tannehill, obvious.

Stills, obvious.

Wake, obvious.

Aikens seems reasonable for special teams.

Probably who we would have guessed he would pick. The big story is that the players didn't vote, Gase picked. Given that this is his "show me" year, I'm not too surprised by that either really.

Yea that was a surprise.

Mild snub for Reshad Jones aswell

Reshad is the heart and soul of the team. He's the true leader of this defense and has been for many years now. Him and Wake of course, goes without saying.
Back in 2015, when we had already fired Philbin and Coyle, Lou Anarumo was promoted to interim defensive coordinator. When during a game Reshad Jones intercepted a pass and brought it back for the TD, he did a flip into the end zone (or whatever you want to call it what he did). After the game Anarumo was asked if he wasn’t concerned about Jones doing a flip because he could get hurt doing it. Anarumo’s response was that he would make sure Jones wouldn’t do it again. Next game, another pick six by Jones, another flip into the end zone. That shows a lot of disrespect towards your coach. I don’t care that Anarumo is no longer here but I think it’s a good thing Jones isn’t a team captain.

I was just going to post this. I heard them say this during the game last week and I completely disagree with it. So what, he's a rookie, if he deserves it, give it to him. Kilgore is not a rookie, but new to the team, that's not much different in my opinion. Come in, make an impression, get what you deserve. Many might disagree, but I'm a coach and if you choose to have captains, they should be the team leaders, regardless of age and status.
I think its more about not wanting to put more on his plate... Let him focus on the games, make his mistakes and learn from them, and then, you can give him a leadership role.... I think it makes alot of sense...

Back
Top Bottom