2018 Draft Eve Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Draft Eve Mock

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
*Trade - Buffalo 1st(22), 2nd(53), 5th(166)

*1. LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH(OLB/ILB)
Vander Esch is a loose-hipped, instinctive linebacker who played in 2017 like he had a GPS tracker on the football. His production totals against both the run and pass are rare for being a first-year starter and with a frame that is primed for more muscle, his NFL ceiling is high. Vander Esch might benefit from a reduced role his rookie season while he improves his play strength and becomes more skilled at taking on blocks. He's an every-down linebacker with very good starting potential and the talent to fill up a stat sheet.
2. Mason Rudolph(QB)
Pocket quarterback with good size who has shown consistent improvement as a passer. Rudolph is more of a downfield, play-action passer than a quarterback who can win with precision and arm strength. He's a capable field reader who has the ability to operate with timing.

*2. Justin Reid(FS)
Reid is what teams are looking for at the safety position in 2018. He's a plus size/speed prospect who has the athletic ability to help with man coverage and the instincts and ball skills for ball-hawking duties on the back end. Reid can get himself into some trouble when he's overly aggressive, but his positive plays far outweigh the negative. He has the talent to become an early starter and a good one. Reid's instincts and play traits should make him a safe selection with Pro Bowl potential down the road.
3. Hayden Hurst(TE)
Hurst's initial opportunity at athletic stardom came up short in baseball, but he has his second shot and plays like every down could be his last. His fearless play demeanor combined with size, strength and athleticism make him a well-rounded prospect with the versatility to line up all over the field. He's sure-handed and could become a young quarterback's safety blanket if he improves elements of his route running. He should see early snaps and has the ability to become a good combination tight end.

4. Wyatt Teller(OG)
Teams will have to figure out why Teller's consistency and effort level dropped so drastically from 2016 to 2017 if they want to draft him. He has the play strength, body control and hand usage you want from an interior player, but his tape simply wasn't trustworthy this season. Teller has limitations, but he also has enough in the toolbox to work with. He'll be a fit as a backup with eventual starter potential in a power-based scheme if he can revert to his 2016 form.
4. Genard Avery(ILB/OLB)
Avery is a big, athletic linebacker with a history of production whether he's playing inside or outside linebacker. While he's a little tight-hipped, his movement in the open field is generally unencumbered. Avery offers versatility and teams may choose to build on some of the rush talent he showed this season, but his best spot appears to be as a 4-3 strong-side linebacker with plus special teams ability.
*5. Hercules Mata'afa(DE)
Mata'afa is a challenge to project based on the fact that his tape features him as an interior lineman who won with quickness when matched against players who were 50-70 pounds heavier than he was. At 6-2 262, you let let him move that quickness to the edge and allow him to be a nightmare for opposing QBs. His motor and desire are never ending. I love this player.
Rds 6-7 BPA One player I would pound the table for is Dimitri Flowers - RB/FB/HB Oklahoma.
Flowers may be viewed by some teams as a luxury, but he's the type of luxury item that will pay for itself over time. Flowers could be an early starter thanks to his ability to plug into so many roles for teams operating out of a variety of personnel groupings.

2 points- Buffalo will never trade with us, so this won’t happen. Also, I don’t like the Hurst pick. The kid is what, 26? And 1 TD for his college career? He’s not an answer to our TE woes, and he won’t be going against kids 5 years younger in the NFL.

2 points- Buffalo will never trade with us, so this won’t happen. Also, I don’t like the Hurst pick. The kid is what, 26? And 1 TD for his college career? He’s not an answer to our TE woes, and he won’t be going against kids 5 years younger in the NFL.
I don't get where you get the idea that Buffalo would never trade with us.:confused: I don't see Hurst age as a determent, it's not like you are taking him in the 1st rd. For information sake, he had 3TDs in college. He's 24 and will be 25 at the start of the season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom