2018 Game 11 Snap Reactions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 11 Snap Reactions

• Gase built his offense around Winn Dixie Brand Alex Smith. He threw for 204 yards, 75 of which was a fluke play.
  • If they're going to continue to use Tannehill in a game manager role they need to find a young bell cow RB to run the ball this offseason. No, i don't mean overpaying for Leveon bell.
  • It's gotten so bad with Matt Burke we're kind of pleased he held a respectable offense under 30.
  • The 2016 season is the evil twin cousin of the 2008 season.
  • This team as constructed isn't winning anything of significance. Sadly this was probably this coaching staff's best effort coming off a bye and it still wasn't enough.

I was pleasantly surprised they were up by 10 points but new, just knew, that would be impossible to hold that lead because it just never happens.

This is who they’ve been forever. I really feel for the younger kids who are fans. This is all they know (and I’m 37 for **** sake).
Me too. Knew they’d blow it. They always blow it. It’s just how it is.

This was an exciting football game and I’ll take it every week over 54-51 etc w a different outcome of course.

More importantly, Adam Gase is a fraud and loser:

1. :38 and 2 TOs left in the half - takes a knee.

2. 8 min to go, need to chew clock and instead calls 2 pass plays and a negative stupid run play on 3rd and 10. No time taken off of the clock.

3. Tie game, ball on own 6, 3 min to go. Plays it safe for the punt - which is going to set the Colts up near mid field.

PS
4. On 3rd and 10 just outside of FG range he calls a run which gets 7 yards. Only way you call a run there is if you are going for it on 4th. That’s at least the 3rd time this year he’s done this. That is chicken ****.

Gase sucks, period. He’s a loser and phony. And he can pack up and go. Never liked him from day 1, didn’t know what he did to earn the job (carrying a clipboard for Peyton was his greatest accomplishment), has proven over and over that he cannot get his teams off to a fast start, nor can he manage the clock, nor can he coach 4 quarters on a consistent basis. I’m done w him. 100%. There comes a moment w every ****ty coach of this franchise where I just can’t support them any longer. W Philbin it was when he gave GB a free time out on 4th and 10. W Gase it was the way he called the 4th Quarter and gave this game away. His execution (which is inevitable) cannot come fast enough for me. I hate this guy now as much as I hated Philbin at the end.
I agree with a lot of your post but not #1. Take the knee. We were on like our 4. With the way it was going, another turnover probably would’ve happened

The play calling in the 4th quarter was abysmal. Look, I'm just some knucklehead fan. I know jack **** about football compared to an NFL head coach, but even I know that was a piss poor excuse of a performance from Adam Gase.

10 point lead that the Colts cut to 7 with a field goal. At this point you want to eat away as much time off the clock as possible. Instead, Gase calls three straight passes. We chew away maybe 30 seconds and punt. Bruce Arians rightly called out the play calls from the broadcasting booth.

Then it's a tie game and you're backed against your end zone. Third down and Gase calls a hand off rather than putting the ball into Tannehill's hands. That call practically threw in the towel on the season.

As a result, we punt the ball away and need our defense to step up in a big way with a stop. But we all know what kind of defense we have and it was obvious the Colts were going to march down and ice it.

It's year three and if the light still hasn't come on for Gase, in terms of clock management, then it likely never will. Add that to his stubborn insistence on sticking with Matt Burke when it's clear he's not an NFL caliber defensive coordinator and I'm not sure what to say.

But do you watch game film? :lol:

Few thoughts:
Gesicki and McMillan look to be awful picks and have contributed nothing to help this team to a win this year. In fact they have proactively contributed to losses.
Anybody know about the injury to Swanson? Can we ever have an O lineman stay healthy?
Once TJ McDonald is out of here and we pair a decent corner with Howard the secondary will be one of the best in football
Gase can not manage the clock to help this team close out games. He should be on the unemployment line with Bowles this offseason which will once again keep the other AFC East teams chasing NE in perpetual flux.
Talk about snatching a sure win from the jaws of victory. Hate starting my week on these crappy notes!

What this game has shown is that this team is devoid of players on defense. They need to draft defense high this upcoming draft. Too many open players against this defense. Ps. BURKE AND HIS SCHEME NEED TO LEAVE LIKE YESTERDAY.

I agree with a lot of your post but not #1. Take the knee. We were on like our 4. With the way it was going, another turnover probably would’ve happened
Were we backed up that far? That’s fine - you can take a knee there. But the rest was hideous and gutless.

What this game has shown is that this team is devoid of players on defense. They need to draft defense high this upcoming draft. Too many open players against this defense. Ps. BURKE AND HIS SCHEME NEED TO LEAVE LIKE YESTERDAY.

While it's true that the defense was atrocious in the 4th quarter, the missed hold on that play where Luck "escaped" a sack was truly egregious.

However, as it was the Miami Dolphins, it is what I have come to expect. Gotta beat 11 guys plus the zebras.

The game was lost by Gases decision to try and not lose. I can see a running game where you wind the clock down BUT, you MUST get a first down to get a other 4 downs.
He is such a scared HC!
Ross needs to do something here. I don't know what.
Gase cannot get away with "We need to clean some things up" Armando and the press need to press for Gase putting this on him.
Even if Gase says it's on him, I don't feel he'd mean it.
I was glad to see Tannehill play well when he was let off the leash. He was just a prisoner to Gases play calling late in the game.
Bottom line, Gase is scared where Belichick steps on your throat if he can.
We will continue to lose, Pat's will continue to win

While it's true that the defense was atrocious in the 4th quarter, the missed hold on that play where Luck "escaped" a sack was truly egregious.

However, as it was the Miami Dolphins, it is what I have come to expect. Gotta beat 11 guys plus the zebras.
I understand blaming some of the calls on the refs, but that defense was getting gashed and there was too many open guys all over the field. They need a DT another end and some quality LBs, especially a MLB, cause Raekwon is a mess.

I understand blaming some of the calls on the refs, but that defense was getting gashed and there was too many open guys all over the field. They need a DT another end and some quality LBs, especially a MLB, cause Raekwon is a mess.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am honestly not upset about the loss, and indeed the fault mostly lies with the Dolphins' coaching and personnel...

... But that was clearly a case of a team being allowed to hold because their quarterback makes money for the League.

Few thoughts:
Gesicki and McMillan look to be awful picks and have contributed nothing to help this team to a win this year. In fact they have proactively contributed to losses.
Anybody know about the injury to Swanson? Can we ever have an O lineman stay healthy?
Once TJ McDonald is out of here and we pair a decent corner with Howard the secondary will be one of the best in football
Gase can not manage the clock to help this team close out games. He should be on the unemployment line with Bowles this offseason which will once again keep the other AFC East teams chasing NE in perpetual flux.
Talk about snatching a sure win from the jaws of victory. Hate starting my week on these crappy notes!

I predict our 2019 starting boundary corners will be Fitzpatrick and X. We need help in the front 7 we are getting 0 pressure on the QB Wake will be 37yrs old and has clearly lost a step or two now, Quinn has been a big disappointment, Harris is invisible.

Back
Top Bottom