2018 Game 11 Snap Reactions | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 11 Snap Reactions

I understand blaming some of the calls on the refs, but that defense was getting gashed and there was too many open guys all over the field. They need a DT another end and some quality LBs, especially a MLB, cause Raekwon is a mess.
The D did come up w 3 takeaways, a blocked punt and a sack/led to missed FG. And somehow they still surrendered 450 yards or so. The inability to make that sack at the end was gut wrenching. But still, this loss is on Gase and the horrid, horrid job he did running the O in the 4th.

The D did come up w 3 takeaways, a blocked punt and a sack/led to missed FG. And somehow they still surrendered 450 yards or so. The inability to make that sack at the end was gut wrenching. But still, this loss is on Gase and the horrid, horrid job he did running the O in the 4th.
They were up 10 in the 4th, yeah the offense **** the bed by not grinding and smashing to keep the clock running, but that defense even with those turnovers still didn’t clamp down when they needed to the most.

They were up 10 in the 4th, yeah the offense **** the bed by not grinding and smashing to keep the clock running, but that defense even with those turnovers still didn’t clamp down when they needed to the most.
I don’t understand why he put his porous D in that position at the end. He was resigned to punt from his own EZ on the last drive from the get go. Most gut wrenching loss of the season for me. Snatched defeat from jaws of victory.

I'm sure it has been said before, but this team lacks an identity of any sort. We do nothing well or anything we can hang out hat on.

The last 4 games the Colts scored 37,42,29 and 38, X kept us in it with those 2 picks, this loss is on Gase and the offense.
It’s on Gase for being a total plucking moron in the 4th quarter. And w that run for 7 on 3rd and 10 in Indy territory, yet punt BS he did in the first half. The guy can go Phuck himself just like Joe Philbin.

Well, that was actually a pretty entertaining football game. If you can detach yourself from rooting for the Dolphins, that was a good football game.

- Xavien Howard's ridiculous two picks at the end of the first half really kept the team in the game, but the fumble by Mike Gesicki denied Miami a chance at momentum.

- Ryan Tannehill is clearly not 100%, but even still he was a big improvement over what the team got from Brock Osweiler the last couple of games.

- My number one complaint about Adam Gase today was the decision to punt in the first half on a 4th and short when Miami had the ball on the Colts' side of the field. I know fans love to yell "Go for it," but I really do think that coaches should go for it more often in that situation. On this particular matter, both analytics guys and emotional yahoos can agree: Go for it, coach!

- No, I take that back. My number one complaint about Adam Gase was the decision to call a screen pass on 2nd and 10 with the Colts coming hot and heavy late in a tie game. Not only are the Dolphins being called for OPI on that play with some frequency, but it hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire with Kenny Stills blocking in front. Enough, Coach. Please.

I honestly think Coach Gase would marry the thematic concept of the screen pass if it were possible for him to do so. I don't think that's legal here in the United States, but maybe Japan? France? Sealand?

- Much is made about the Kiko Alonso penalty on Andrew Luck that extended a touchdown drive. Here's how I see it: Alonso had committed to making a tackle on Luck, who is a big physical player who has made a habit of trucking unsuspecting defenders in the past. Luck waited until the last moment to slide and essentially baited that penalty.

Alonso tried to pull up, but obviously was not able to do so. While that may be a proper call these days, and Alonso may be a guy who plays borderline football sometimes, I don't think it's fair to rip on Alonso for essentially being put in an unwinnable situation there.

What does bother me about that play is that, at some point, defenders will accept the calculus that it is better to finish their tackles in these situations. They are going to be flagged regardless of how they finish it, so why not finish the play? It sucks, but it's the NFL that has put defensive players in these terrible situations with rule changes designed to protect quarterbacks and encourage fantasy football.

- Watching Colts receivers cry and beg for flags every after play was, quite frankly, ridiculous. Guys, just play football. You aren't the Patriots.

- With only three healthy wide receivers on the field, Devante Parker was still Mr. Irrelevant out there. I like Devante Parker and I'm not as down on him as just about everyone else here, but let's be honest: It's not happening.

- Season is over? Season is over. I think it's been over, but can we all admit that now?

Folks, I don't know what to tell you. The Dolphins just aren't any good. They aren't good defensively, they aren't good offensively, they're not healthy, and now it looks as if Adam Gase has simply thrown in the towel.
I agree with you. But we should have won. This loss is on the coach. Just bad play calling down the stretch. We did enough to win, but the coach got in the way. He has cost us a few games this year

My snap reaction: Gase (and the rest of them) must go. Did Shula have a perfect record after the bye week? Have the Dolphins won after a bye week since then? But aside from that, I've never seen any evidence that Gase/Burke can coach. They can't adapt. They can't modify. They can't accept facts. The fact is, Gase has to go. Oh well. We'll be in the middle of the draft, and the front office can't judge talent. More years of garbage until Ross sells.

Team played well in all aspects of the game: Offense did some things, defense had turnovers, and special teams had two blocks. The issue? The offense and defense couldn’t finish again.

I was pleasantly surprised they were up by 10 points but new, just knew, that would be impossible to hold that lead because it just never happens.

This is who they’ve been forever. I really feel for the younger kids who are fans. This is all they know (
Me too. Knew they’d blow it. They always blow it. It’s just how it is.

The only saving grace is we do know that’s how it is. We can’t be fooled again.

Well on the bright side, after today's loss, Miami is now picking 13 in the draft. I suspect after next week and a lose to Buffalo, they'll move into the top 10-12 picks.

I’m all for finishing 5-11. I don’t care if that means Buffalo swept them. It means nothing to me bc the Bills stink too.

Well, that was actually a pretty entertaining football game. If you can detach yourself from rooting for the Dolphins, that was a good football game.

- Xavien Howard's ridiculous two picks at the end of the first half really kept the team in the game, but the fumble by Mike Gesicki denied Miami a chance at momentum.

- Ryan Tannehill is clearly not 100%, but even still he was a big improvement over what the team got from Brock Osweiler the last couple of games.

- My number one complaint about Adam Gase today was the decision to punt in the first half on a 4th and short when Miami had the ball on the Colts' side of the field. I know fans love to yell "Go for it," but I really do think that coaches should go for it more often in that situation. On this particular matter, both analytics guys and emotional yahoos can agree: Go for it, coach!

- No, I take that back. My number one complaint about Adam Gase was the decision to call a screen pass on 2nd and 10 with the Colts coming hot and heavy late in a tie game. Not only are the Dolphins being called for OPI on that play with some frequency, but it hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire with Kenny Stills blocking in front. Enough, Coach. Please.

I honestly think Coach Gase would marry the thematic concept of the screen pass if it were possible for him to do so. I don't think that's legal here in the United States, but maybe Japan? France? Sealand?

- Much is made about the Kiko Alonso penalty on Andrew Luck that extended a touchdown drive. Here's how I see it: Alonso had committed to making a tackle on Luck, who is a big physical player who has made a habit of trucking unsuspecting defenders in the past. Luck waited until the last moment to slide and essentially baited that penalty.

Alonso tried to pull up, but obviously was not able to do so. While that may be a proper call these days, and Alonso may be a guy who plays borderline football sometimes, I don't think it's fair to rip on Alonso for essentially being put in an unwinnable situation there.

What does bother me about that play is that, at some point, defenders will accept the calculus that it is better to finish their tackles in these situations. They are going to be flagged regardless of how they finish it, so why not finish the play? It sucks, but it's the NFL that has put defensive players in these terrible situations with rule changes designed to protect quarterbacks and encourage fantasy football.

- Watching Colts receivers cry and beg for flags every after play was, quite frankly, ridiculous. Guys, just play football. You aren't the Patriots.

- With only three healthy wide receivers on the field, Devante Parker was still Mr. Irrelevant out there. I like Devante Parker and I'm not as down on him as just about everyone else here, but let's be honest: It's not happening.

- Season is over? Season is over. I think it's been over, but can we all admit that now?

Folks, I don't know what to tell you. The Dolphins just aren't any good. They aren't good defensively, they aren't good offensively, they're not healthy, and now it looks as if Adam Gase has simply thrown in the towel.

DVP is dead to me.
It seems if Ballage touches the ball 10 times, he loses yardage 9 of them.
Gase was the main factor in the loss.
How can the D be so bad against the screen? I suspect it's all they see in practice

I like how the defense can’t make stops after the offense scores and the offense can’t score after a Defensive takeaway. Love the way the units play off each other

Back
Top Bottom