2018 Game 12 Snap Reactions - Barfalo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 12 Snap Reactions - Barfalo

I don't know if I would thank Allen as much as Daboll for the sack taking them out of field goal range. Back to back empty sets leading to back to back sacks. You need to have a great o-line and a really smart QB to get away with empty sets, they are almost always disasters waiting to happen.

Allen has some good traits for sure but at some point you're going to lose the speed and ability to run around for 15 seconds, like Russell Wilson has, so accuracy will make or break his career. I also saw him talking to the refs after a play, and he was ripping into the refs after the non-call on McCain. In 7 years I have never seen Tannehill say a word to the refs.

Where were the hard counts today? Where was the up-tempo stuff?

Josh Allen was a turnover fest against our D and the Bills were still a dropped Clay catch away from winning. Absolutely zero complementary football.

Our OL is getting steam rolled and we have a QB who's elite throwing on the run, move the pocket, roll out. Where are the damn adjustments?
Gase calling wildcats now? Our "offensive genius" is a fraud who's only worth crap in the redzone, time to give up the play calling.

Why were Baker or McDonald not used to spy on Allen? Kiko sure as hell wasn't working so freaking adjust, one more reason why Burke needs to go.

Was a bad game with a good outcome on a bad drop. Glad the team won but this team still frustrates the hell out of me.

Right now Allen and Darnold are the future of the AFCE. Those guys are going to be a force to reckon with in the future for this team.

-As others, I couldn’t believe my eyes when we came out in Wildcat formation.
-I thought Burke would attempt to adjust ie spy Allen or drop and try to shut running lanes, nope.
-The LB play is not good, the OL play is worse than that, especially when Larsen is forced to have to play.
I thought at some point they would try to get Ryan outside the pocket and he might use his legs some. Nope.

All of the above you mentioned is SOLELY on the coaching staff.
I just cant understand why we don't move RT outside the pocket when he's getting consistent pressure on him. Makes no sense.

Josh Allen was a turnover fest against our D and the Bills were still a dropped Clay catch away from winning. Absolutely zero complementary football.

Our OL is getting steam rolled and we have a QB who's elite throwing on the run, move the pocket, roll out. Where are the damn adjustments?
Gase calling wildcats now? Our "offensive genius" is a fraud who's only worth crap in the redzone, time to give up the play calling.

Why were Baker or McDonald not used to spy on Allen? Kiko sure as hell wasn't working so freaking adjust, one more reason why Burke needs to go.
Once again...….NO adjustments, and I'm beating the dead horse here, it's all on the coaching staff, offensive and defensive.

The play of the game for me was the wildcat with Ballage on 3rd & 1. You convert, you win. And Gase chooses to telegraph a running play with our least effective runner, while also pulling his $20M starting QB out of the play.

There is something seriously wrong with Adam Gase.

Guaranteed they run the same play only Ballage passes against the Patriots. You see, Gase is playing chess while the rest of the NFL plays checkers. LOL

Man, it was frustrating watching Allen escape/run all day.

For a guy of his size, he has the quickness of a 6'2/210 QB.

That move he put on Kiko in the 2nd or 3rd was sad to see.

Almost completed the "upset" too to a wide open Clay.

But nice to see 2 legit looking corners out there in Fitz and Howard.

We need to really strike gold and revamp that front 7 though, among other spots.

Was a bad game with a good outcome on a bad drop. Glad the team won but this team still frustrates the hell out of me.

Right now Allen and Darnold are the future of the AFCE. Those guys are going to be a force to reckon with in the future for this team.
Allen looks to have much more potential than Darnold in my eyes... I haven’t been impressed by Darnold at all.

Allen struggles with turnovers and some accuracy issues, but he has natural pocket awareness and is able to create plays when the pocket breaks down. That is a trait of franchise QBs.

Has he tried a QB sneak?

He keeps trying **** that requires the ball being snapped 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
I was hoping he would line up O'Leary at FB and hand him the ball similar to the old Polite trap play. Basically anything but wildcat w Ballage lol

Allen looks to have much more potential than Darnold in my eyes... I haven’t been impressed by Darnold at all.

Allen struggles with turnovers and some accuracy issues, but he has natural pocket awareness and is able to create plays when the pocket breaks down. That is a trait of franchise QBs.

The thing is though if he keeps running that much its kinda like a ticking time bomb, sooner or later he is going to get either really blasted by someone or have one of those non contact injuries.

I dont mean moving and working the pocket- that’s different. He will have the become a more accurate passeer most likely at some point. That Bills team needs wide outs also.

The thing is though if he keeps running that much its kinda like a ticking time bomb, sooner or later he is going to get either really blasted by someone or have one of those non contact injuries.

I dont mean moving and working the pocket- that’s different. He will have the become a more accurate passeer most likely at some point. That Bills team needs wide outs also.

He is as athletic and as well built as any QB I have ever seen at QB . . . .and that includes Cam Newton. His start up acceleration is so deceptive . . .i didn’t spend much time watching him in college but I ABsOLUTELY see what several of the respected draft gurus saw in this dude and why they were man crushing on him. I felt like I was watch Todd Gurlwy at QB the way he completely ate up any angled tackler.

He absolutely has to become more accurate as a passer but that is arguably the biggest ball of clay I personally have ever seen at QB. Good or bad, the Bills fans and organization will have fun seeing if it materializes into something special.

Nice write-up, even though you watched just half the game! Lol.

So true about defending the quarterback run. Miami has struggled with that for a long time. Admittedly, that's tough. Those athletic quarterbacks really add an element that's hard to defend. Still, it's got to be better than that.

The wildcat play seemed dumb. Guess we aren't talking about it if it works, though. Gase IMO has a tendency to get too cute with playcalling. Same here in the Bay Area with Kyle Shanahan. I still think Shanahan second half playcalling cost Atlanta the super bowl. But, that's off subject.

Agree, this doesn't feel like a playoff team. In that sense, you've got to give Gase and the coaching staff some credit. Miami has won it's share of ugly games during Gase's tenure here.

Back
Top Bottom