2018 Game 13 Snap Reactions - Patriots Ii - Someone Pinch Me | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 13 Snap Reactions - Patriots Ii - Someone Pinch Me

Everyone was expecting a Hail Mary and Gronk has some size to prevent a TD in the end zone. It was a good call. They were not expecting a RUGBY style play.
Nobody was expecting a hail mary to the 10 or 15 yard line. Tannehill took the snap at our own 25 yard line and had to drop back a few more yards. There are not many QBs who can throw an 80 yard pass.
In the stadium we all speculated that it will be either 20-25 yard pass to Drake with our receivers blocking but the most likely scenario we saw as a quick 10-15 yard out to bring Ryan closer to the 50 and with a second or two left the attempt for a hail mary.
You and Belicheat are the only ones speculating on a hail mary. Gronk probably thought what the **** am I doing here. I can't tackle for ****."

Guess what it was a 25-yard pass play and the final recipient was Drake but instead of blocks we had a couple of pitches and Gronk was right. He can't tackle for ****.

He looked like "oh ****. Here Kenyan you take that one" I never seen someone pitch a ball that fast. It must have been less than 1 second. :lol:

I won't fault him for making the obvious correct decision there. Drake has game-changing speed. I don't even care if Parker just didn't want the burden of the ball. He made the right play and I love him for it.

One thing I think needs mentioning - while our pass defense sucked, our run defense held them to 77 yds on the ground. Remember the last time we played NE we gave up runs that measured my the mile. Stopping the run has been our biggest weakness all season. It was nice to see them step up today.

I won't fault him for making the obvious correct decision there. Drake has game-changing speed. I don't even care if Parker just didn't want the burden of the ball. He made the right play and I love him for it.
No doubt he made the right decision (on purpose or by accident). :lol:
And I am certainly not faulting him for that either. It just looked like the football was a hot potato. :nah:

To be fair about Kiko, how many LB really can cover an above average Receiver like Edelman or one of the greatest TEs (Not so good tackling though...just sayin) ever to play the game.

It's good they have confidence in Kiko, there is a reason why he is Miami's top defensive player in tackles since he got to Miami, but they need to stop putting him on quality TEs, and especially quality WRs.

One thing I think needs mentioning - while our pass defense sucked, our run defense held them to 77 yds on the ground. Remember the last time we played NE we gave up runs that measured my the mile. Stopping the run has been our biggest weakness all season. It was nice to see them step up today.

I don't consider our run defense to be our biggest weakness. Not even close. The average per play is poor because we give up big plays in some games. But we are not a soft run defense that repeatedly allows 4-6 yards per pop. Those are the defenses that seem hopeless because the opponent dictates everything. It's always second and medium.

These Dolphins attack the line of scrimmage and can stop many rushing plays for next to nothing. And that really helped today because New England wanted to run the ball on first down to shorten the game. On that final possession when New England ran three times down near the goal line I was very confident we would stop them. In contrast, there have been countless prior Dolphin teams when I would have been sure it would have been a caved in front wall and easy touchdown.

Pass defense is the problem. I believe we are second worst in the league in yards per completion and not much better than that in yards per attempt and opponent passer rating. I want to thank New England for all the first down rushing attempts today. Otherwise we never have a chance at that miracle finish.

Man I love Kenyan Dranke his post game interview by CBS was so humble and endearing what a BEAST!

Everyone was expecting a Hail Mary and Gronk has some size to prevent a TD in the end zone. It was a good call. They were not expecting a RUGBY style play.
Then they are dumb. Nobody is reaching the endzone with the LOS your own 30 yard line

To be fair about Kiko, how many LB really can cover an above average Receiver like Edelman or one of the greatest TEs (Not so good tackling though...just sayin) ever to play the game.

It's good they have confidence in Kiko, there is a reason why he is Miami's top defensive player in tackles since he got to Miami, but they need to stop putting him on quality TEs, and especially quality WRs.

every D has a LB on a receiver at points in a game. Brady is a master at finding those mismatches.

Still riding the high of the victory...

But my opinion on gase hasn’t changed. I can’t stand him as a playcaller

After the stills mistake when he slid down early and made it 3rd and 1, the genius that gase is decides to call a PA boot to the side of tannehills bum ankle. It’s 3rd and 1 and you have a HOF rb in the backfield who was on a tear. Game after game all season I watch the guy just outsmart himself. I can’t stand it

Yes but it was a playoff game while being down 24-0 with under a minute left in half and that was an unheard of play back in 81.
That was the play that got us to 17 points just before the half. We tied it up in the 3rd at 24.

Obviously a SUPERB win! The kind of game (dare I say "statement") that can transform fortunes...

For at least a week -- Gase is outta the cross hairs and deserves some kudos for getting the job done!

HUGE GAME THIS WEEKEND!

It took me till this morning for that win to really sink in, luck or not, fluke or not, ugly or not....I am totally enjoying it. Anytime we can disrupt the Pats plans with a big win, yuh just gotta love it baby.

Back
Top Bottom