2018 #metlifetakeover Video | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 #metlifetakeover Video

igor79

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I just wanted to share with you guys our 2018 #MetLifeTakeover video.
My hope is by now most of you are familiar with the Takeover, but if not, that might be even more reason to watch the video.

With over 1100 people, a fully catered tailgate and a Dolphins victory this was our best #MetLifeTakeover ever.

Next year is the 10th anniversary of Dolfans NYC and we are doing events for both the Jets AND the Giants game so add those to your calendar when the schedule comes out, we are gonna go big!

Ps. You can watch our past Takeover videos here.

This is EPIC man, always heard of the "take-over" on the boards yet never put much into it. I heard DolFans travel well, however every home game of ours has the AWAY team do the same. I'm curious, New York-er's/Boston-ions move down here and bring their fandom with them. These fans from your experience, did they transplant up north(which I haven't heard much) or do you think the franchise's history has something to do with it. COOL VIDEO MAN!!!

This is EPIC man, always heard of the "take-over" on the boards yet never put much into it. I heard DolFans travel well, however every home game of ours has the AWAY team do the same. I'm curious, New York-er's/Boston-ions move down here and bring their fandom with them. These fans from your experience, did they transplant up north(which I haven't heard much) or do you think the franchise's history has something to do with it. COOL VIDEO MAN!!!

It's a mix of South Florida folk who moved to NYC (like my Dolfans NYC partner Michelle) and people like me who grew up loving Dan Marino or the 1972 team or whatever it was that made them a Dolphins fan as a kid and they just stuck with it.

As far as traveling well, Dolphins always show up in force, especially for Jets games, but until we started organizing the Takeover the fans were all spread out. Getting 1000+ people all sitting together has a bigger impact than a few thousand spread out. You can organize chants and get much, much louder.

Boy does that look like a good time. I enjoy going to the different stadiums so I am going to put this on my bucket list. I can't wait for the 2019 schedule to come out to start looking for deals.

I think I need to plan a visit up to see family in NY around the next game at the Jets. That looks like such a blast.

man that's awesome. seems like we have more fans at away games than home games. every game ive been to in Miami the other teams fans cover the stadium, but I went to a titans game in Nashville and we had way more fans there. super weird. I want to do this one day

Boy does that look like a good time. I enjoy going to the different stadiums so I am going to put this on my bucket list. I can't wait for the 2019 schedule to come out to start looking for deals.

We can't help with hotels or flights but we offer game tickets, round trip bus rides from our bar in NYC and fully catered tailgate tickets. Plus all the money we raise goes to charity!

We can't help with hotels or flights but we offer game tickets, round trip bus rides from our bar in NYC and fully catered tailgate tickets. Plus all the money we raise goes to charity!
Depending on when the games are, count me in. I officiate high school and youth football in the fall but may have to take a long weekend off to make the trip. There is nothing better than watching the Phins win in enemy territory.

Nice video. I may have to add another item to my bucket list. That looks like a blast.

Back
Top Bottom