***2018 Mlb Thread** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2018 Mlb Thread**

Those holes all came out after the derby. There was no part of the plate that was his enemy before that. He was so dangerous because he had no issue slapping those outside pitches into right for a single ... instead of trying to mash everything Jim Thome style.

He was a totally different hitter after that. He started looking for the HR every time ... enter the slump. Started guessing on pitches. By the end of the season he was just trying to make contact.

He's been unbelievably hyped since he entered the Yanks farm system but I doubt the first half of last season was an abberation. I'd bet he's gonna be deadly once he gets the mental part of the game now.

It's amazing how much talent comes out of the Central Valley of CA, where Judge came out of...both in baseball and football. It's such an underrated talent mine.

Those holes all came out after the derby. There was no part of the plate that was his enemy before that. He was so dangerous because he had no issue slapping those outside pitches into right for a single ... instead of trying to mash everything Jim Thome style.

He was a totally different hitter after that. He started looking for the HR every time ... enter the slump. Started guessing on pitches. By the end of the season he was just trying to make contact.

He's been unbelievably hyped since he entered the Yanks farm system but I doubt the first half of last season was an abberation. I'd bet he's gonna be deadly once he gets the mental part of the game now.

Derby didn't have anything to do with it. The rest of the league adjusted to him. He struggled in. Big, long arms, and he launches the barrel earlier than you would like, so he can't get to the inside pitches very well. League adjusted, he struggled in, then you're right about the mental part. He started to search for ways to fix it and got away from what made him great. He will be fine. He still isn't going to handle in very well, or up. But 6'8 monsters, not many people want to leave the ball up or in on big guys because they are afraid to "miss".

Btw..calling him a "bust" hahahahaha. He had one and a half bad months. All star, Rookie of the year and 2nd in the MVP race as a rookie and hes a "bust"....wow.

I see him as a lame version of Adam Dunn. If he were in any other market, no one would give two ****s about him.

No chance. Dunn has never had the type of swing Judge has. Dunn was a big donkey, good athlete and an average swing. Judge has a very good swing while being a huge donkey and a good athlete.

It's amazing how much talent comes out of the Central Valley of CA, where Judge came out of...both in baseball and football. It's such an underrated talent mine.

That area and Miami ... 2 best spots in the country for my money.

Derby didn't have anything to do with it. The rest of the league adjusted to him. He struggled in. Big, long arms, and he launches the barrel earlier than you would like, so he can't get to the inside pitches very well. League adjusted, he struggled in, then you're right about the mental part. He started to search for ways to fix it and got away from what made him great. He will be fine. He still isn't going to handle in very well, or up. But 6'8 monsters, not many people want to leave the ball up or in on big guys because they are afraid to "miss".

Btw..calling him a "bust" hahahahaha. He had one and a half bad months. All star, Rookie of the year and 2nd in the MVP race as a rookie and hes a "bust"....wow.

I bet I saw about 2/3 of the games last year and I saw a completely different hitter pre and post derby. He wasn't even trying to go yard on half of his Jacks pre break. He was looking to get on base. He flipped those wrists and used the opposite field almost like Jeter did. I don't remember seeing that 3 times after the derby.

Pitchers adjusting to him is obviously a big part of any rookie taking the league by storm ... but he didn't make it difficult for them at all after the derby. Maybe it was a perfect storm of pitchers adjusting and him slumping but if he was the same hitter after the break it wouldn't have been so easy. He was in his own head baaaaaaad.

I was expecting Ks at the end of the season because of the guessing and lack of confidence. He had totally lost command of the batters box by the end of it.

Cedar knows baseball but the bust comment followed by the Adam Dunn comparison ... oof. I can't imagine seeing two different players in the field. Dunn only wore a glove out of necessity. Judge can move for his size ... great athlete. Not to mention their swings don't match up.

At the least the Yanks are good again. It's good for baseball and they have home grown talent for the first time since the late 90s. Fingers crossed on the starting rotation.

Some of those bats woke up today. Nice.

I bet I saw about 2/3 of the games last year and I saw a completely different hitter pre and post derby. He wasn't even trying to go yard on half of his Jacks pre break. He was looking to get on base. He flipped those wrists and used the opposite field almost like Jeter did. I don't remember seeing that 3 times after the derby.

Pitchers adjusting to him is obviously a big part of any rookie taking the league by storm ... but he didn't make it difficult for them at all after the derby. Maybe it was a perfect storm of pitchers adjusting and him slumping but if he was the same hitter after the break it wouldn't have been so easy. He was in his own head baaaaaaad.

I was expecting Ks at the end of the season because of the guessing and lack of confidence. He had totally lost command of the batters box by the end of it.

Cedar knows baseball but the bust comment followed by the Adam Dunn comparison ... oof. I can't imagine seeing two different players in the field. Dunn only wore a glove out of necessity. Judge can move for his size ... great athlete. Not to mention their swings don't match up.

At the least the Yanks are good again. It's good for baseball and they have home grown talent for the first time since the late 90s. Fingers crossed on the starting rotation.

Some of those bats woke up today. Nice.

Yea no offense, but Judge didn't flip his wrists the other way Jeter did. Judge launched that way. Jeter flipped the way you described.

By the way, Judges last 27 games of the season...7 doubles 15 Homers 32 RBIs 28 Walks 32 Ks. Far from "losing command of the batters box".

Yea no offense, but Judge didn't flip his wrists the other way Jeter did. Judge launched that way. Jeter flipped the way you described.

By the way, Judges last 27 games of the season...7 doubles 15 Homers 32 RBIs 28 Walks 32 Ks. Far from "losing command of the batters box".

None taken. There aren't a ton of clips of him that aren't home runs but he was doing this pre break with consistency. I don't even know when this game was ... but that type of single to right happened with regularity. Can't pitch to him. Can't shift on him. Until ... after that stupid derby.

Back
Top Bottom