***2018 Mlb Thread** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2018 Mlb Thread**

Speaking of Ichiro, I can’t believe he still plays.

I was watching the M’s-Tribe game on Opening Night and he was out there starting...dude looked 1000 years old.

He's a freak. Had over a thousand hits and was 27 before he even got here ... and still has numbers like that. Arguably the best gun of them all too.

Had a conversation about that a few days ago. Who you got for the best arm ever? The ones that popped into my head were Ichiro, Vlad, Sheff, Jesse Barfield ... and I can't remember the last one. Vlad and Sheff had cannons but the accuracy was lacking. Barfield is one only Yankee fans know but that arm was nasty. Ichiro throws (threw) it as hard as any of them but what always set him apart was his crazy accuracy. From the wall to the mitt on a rope. Crazy.

Dude tried to tell me Jay Buhner's arm was underrated. I always thought his arm - along with the rest of him - was safely in the overrated range.

He's a freak. Had over a thousand hits and was 27 before he even got here ... and still has numbers like that. Arguably the best gun of them all too.

Had a conversation about that a few days ago. Who you got for the best arm ever? The ones that popped into my head were Ichiro, Vlad, Sheff, Jesse Barfield ... and I can't remember the last one. Vlad and Sheff had cannons but the accuracy was lacking. Barfield is one only Yankee fans know but that arm was nasty. Ichiro throws (threw) it as hard as any of them but what always set him apart was his crazy accuracy. From the wall to the mitt on a rope. Crazy.

Dude tried to tell me Jay Buhner's arm was underrated. I always thought his arm - along with the rest of him - was safely in the overrated range.

My dad and I were just talking about Ichiro the other day and how long he’s been around...really an ageless wonder...he really could play til he’s 50.

Vlad was unreal...I remember going to a ST game back in 2001(?) when he was on the Expos and watching him hit a grand slam off of Rick Ankiel...Ankiel had gotten the yips by then, but it was still a sight to behold. I remember being disappointed that Mark McGwire wasn’t playing for the Cardinals that day, but didn’t really take in the awesomeness of seeing Vlad the Impaler until awhile later.

Right now, Puig has the top arm in the league for my money. Dudes a straight lunatic though.

Even though we wound up with Evan Longoria in a roundabout way, I’m still sad we traded Matt Duffy to you guys...he was one of my favorite players on the Giants.

Longo is overrated in a sense of what his perception is. He’s not a super star. But I’m still a little upset Rays traded him. He’s not extremely expensive. He’s still a good player and a great glove. Bottom line is, he was the franchise face. You pay more for those guys. I understand rebuilding, but you better hope Arroyo is a really good player.

Duffy is TBD honestly. He was hurt all year last year.

Longo is overrated in a sense of what his perception is. He’s not a super star. But I’m still a little upset Rays traded him. He’s not extremely expensive. He’s still a good player and a great glove. Bottom line is, he was the franchise face. You pay more for those guys. I understand rebuilding, but you better hope Arroyo is a really good player.

Duffy is TBD honestly. He was hurt all year last year.

Considering the dumpster fire that 3B was last year (and half of 2016) for the Giants...Longoria was a huge upgrade. I don’t think he’s the best ever either, but he’s better than anything in recent memory there in SF.

Considering the dumpster fire that 3B was last year (and half of 2016) for the Giants...Longoria was a huge upgrade. I don’t think he’s the best ever either, but he’s better than anything in recent memory there in SF.

Not a kung fu panda fan? Talk about being overrated. Even when he was good I couldn't understand how a 280 pounder under 6 feet tall didn't hit for power. I think he's still in his early 30s so there's plenty of time for him to be overrated again for you guys. His range in the field is pretty impressive. No ball that gets hit directly at him has any chance of getting by.

Not a kung fu panda fan? Talk about being overrated. Even when he was good I couldn't understand how a 280 pounder under 6 feet tall didn't hit for power. I think he's still in his early 30s so there's plenty of time for him to be overrated again for you guys. His range in the field is pretty impressive. No ball that gets hit directly at him has any chance of getting by.

I don’t like most Giants position players, save for maybe Posey...and I think he’s a douche.

I hate all of the dumbassed marketing gimmicks they tie in with them too...”Baby Giraffe Belt”...”B-Craw”...they might as well call Panik something like “Horny Seal” while they’re at it.

Bumgarner, Burrell, Huff, Bonds, and Lincecum have been my favorite players over the last 15 years.

output_qOVIGo.gif

I'm glad he's back on the bench, though...I don't think he was worth the contract Boston gave him, or what the Giants were going to give him when he hit FA after 2014...but it's not a bad deal what they've got going now.

I'm glad he's back on the bench, though...I don't think he was worth the contract Boston gave him, or what the Giants were going to give him when he hit FA after 2014...but it's not a bad deal what they've got going now.

Yeah when I saw Bostons deal with Pablo I **** a brick

Yeah when I saw Bostons deal with Pablo I **** a brick

Had some decent moments in the postseason here and there (the one game against the Tigers comes to mind), and then that one season in 2009...but other than that...insanely overrated.

I'm convinced they brought him back just to sell their excess amount of Panda hats they had in a giant closet somewhere in the bowels of ATT Park.

Had some decent moments in the postseason here and there (the one game against the Tigers comes to mind), and then that one season in 2009...but other than that...insanely overrated.

I'm convinced they brought him back just to sell their excess amount of Panda hats they had in a giant closet somewhere in the bowels of ATT Park.
He's got dirt on someone to keep landing the jobs he has lol

He's got dirt on someone to keep landing the jobs he has lol

I understood why Boston went after him after 2014...I think they thought he was going to be their next big DH, and they had a nice 1-2 punch with him and Hanley once Ortiz retired...unfortunately, he just wasn't cut out for the East Coast lifestyle. He went into a strange twisted acid casualty version of Mo Vaughn really fast.

SF was just willing to take a chance on him, for some reason...I'm guessing merchandise sales, considering how their season went royally in the shitter last year, and they got him back on the cheap last year. Like I said...I think he's overrated, as I think no one thinks higher of their position players than the Giants do (oh how I hate those stupid nicknames they give all of their players)...but he's not a bad bat off the bench. Longoria's definitely an upgrade, though, both offensively and defensively.

Ohtani who? How's that foot mookie?

Amazing how average he looked when he actually had to pitch against a decent lineup, and not the A's.

Also, it's amazing at what putting a decent middle-of-the-order guy like Martinez has done for that offense...it's really made them go, even if he hasn't put up otherworldly stats this year. They look really good so far.

Back
Top Bottom